Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As for title. What's the best JRPG plot to you? Not counting game mechanics or other gameplay factors like roster magnitude or features - I'm talking just of the overall premise, evolution and ending of the story behind the game.
Why so? What the strenght points of the plot? The sheer narrative elements or the narrative structure (or both)?
Let me know!

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The plots where you start with a simple fetch quest, you meet someone, and you end up having to save the world.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
similair to Radiant Historia, big adventure, with your best party, but you need
switch alot in order to save the world from destruction.

nice gameplay story, graphics, one of the best adventure made probably :)

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
similair to Radiant Historia, big adventure, with your best party, but you need
switch alot in order to save the world from destruction.

nice gameplay story, graphics, one of the best adventure made probably :)
Never played it. Want to.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@magnaangemon01 find a trailer of it, the story is very interesting, and its
really hard if you want it 100% compleet, hard difficult is REALLY hard, but
I was able to beat it, but it took me man, many, many tries though.

some sidequest was really a pain or some story related quest.
but if you like the trailer, give it a try, you wont regret it if you love adventure,
action games, this is the one :) 100% wont be easy for most for alot of
peoples, and you might be stuck on some places, that alot probably search on
google how to solve it, if you read carefully, its very easy to get those done :)

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Radiant Historia is quite underrated, I felt it very mature storywise.

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not a fan of hard games, so no 100 completion. Why I don't like Dark Souls or those types of games. If I can't do something after three tries, I just don't do it.

ItsAri

That one Weeb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I sometimes like the typical hero with amnesia wakes up in a town and goes on a quest. Games like FE Awakening and Evoland 2 gave their own spins on this and I personally enjoyed it :kaojoy:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Radiant Historia has multiple endings, main story ending, side story ending, side quests endings,
and the true ending, and its around 8 - 10 different once untill you have the true ending which is
really good.

but it takes times to get the true ending, if you play for fun, you might get 2 endings at least :)
but worth it to get them all, while the true ending is probably the most difficult one.

there are 4 difficulties, easy, normal, hard, deadly <- really hard, which I compleeted, but not
on 100% yet, which is quite a challenge.

@Dororo there are other good games that are underated though, so you dont find them or
heard of them much. But if you find them, it can be exspensive though.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where a protagonist meets a mysterious boy or girl and now the protagonist has to be a hero by association. This plot is really popular on both indie and pro developers.

If the hero comes from a rich and powerful family, it will have hard times and broke by the time the game starts. And, the players learned later that they play the ruler of this land.

In many JRPG, if there were any ancient civilizations, they are inexplicably much more advanced than the current one. Because people during the current time are not doing research at all. When the main antagonist obtained the ancient weapon, the protagonist will find a way to stop the ancient weapon from function despite no education on atomic physic.

Last edited:

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Something inspired by Final Fantasies 6, 9, and FF Tactics.

We meet capable characters who go on an unexpected journey together, slowly there's something huge on the horizon for their world. When all hell eventually breaks lose, they're swept into the current of the chaos...
The arcane apocalypse leading to the World of Ruin of FF6; the plot to kill all mortals on Gaia in the world of FF9; the War of the Lions in FFT.
...and through it all, the characters learn who they are inside. Doubts will happen, crises of faith will occur. But somehow, despite it all, the characters will band together and know their true selves. Coming together, they will become the heroes that stop or avenge what befell their world, unspoken or lauded.

All in all? An adventure with clearly-capable and well-written heroes, one that starts off on a more personal scale, and ends on something world-shaking that tests their faith in themselves and one another.

Last edited:

KakonComp

Lucid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ostinato
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I like anything like profile pic related, where you can infiltrate the enemy, only to see how the other side works, and possibly even join said side when it's all said and done. Stuff like a traitor in the group is done to death in Tales Of games, but that kind of stuff makes a story interesting to me as well. It doesn't have the best plot, but Lost Dimension does the second bit very well imo.

Either that, or any story that lets me fuse one of my best friends with a demon, only to have to kill him later in order to get the neutral ending.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't play many JRPGs but I remember I liked Breath of Fire 4 even though I never finish the game.

I don't exactly remember why I like it but I remember I wish it has an anime adaptation or a movie to watch. Aside from the actual story, I always like a narration that makes me imagine how does it look like if it were an anime/show to watch.

RayGarden7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As for title. What's the best JRPG plot to you? Not counting game mechanics or other gameplay factors like roster magnitude or features - I'm talking just of the overall premise, evolution and ending of the story behind the game.
Why so? What the strenght points of the plot? The sheer narrative elements or the narrative structure (or both)?
Let me know!
I enjoy writing the storyline out on paper and having the main character set off to fight an incredible evil. Who know it depends on the genre you are writing after all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think in the pursuit of making the game look and sound custom, we never really start making a game. Finish the game first using all necessary plugins (with placeholder assets), then replace it with the real ones.

I haven't finished a game, but I try this method. Progress seems to be faster. :D
Every now and then I think about all the things I need in my project, and get overwhelmed. Just focus on your tilesets, me. You can't build your maps without 'em!
If a picture speaks 1000 words, how many pictures does a video speak??
I don't really get the "Pass Interference" Flag in (American) Football. Aren't you SUPPOSED to interfere with passes in Defense?? What exactly is the threshold that warrants a Flag?
TS Zeta.. blow your ass east... I cant take a round 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parttimerpgmaker