Your Bug Record?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EternalShadow, May 2, 2015.

1. EternalShadow

EternalShadow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    What is your best record in terms of number of bugs reported/fixed in one day?

I've had over 60 reported in one week, and a few immediate ones were fixed. Today, I have to fix the remaining 50 :p

So I suppose 50 is my record, though I may have had over 100 in the first iteration of Zendir 2.

What's yours?

2. AceOfAces_Mod

AceOfAces_Mod Engineering to infinity! Veteran

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    10?

Barely or haven't received any bug reports.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2015
  3. Kvich

Kvich Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Danish
    I think most bugs I've fixed in one day counts at 25 or so, but if we count in skills that aren't working as intended, it rise to over 100 in one day.

4. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Probably about ten fixes of my own finding.  I'm pretty careful with things like event movement and text input, so the bugs that do get reported to me by other people are often deep ones that take a few hours to fix.

On the other hand, I've probably reported 25 or 30 in a day a couple times back when I was a software consultant.

5. Clord

Clord Nya~ Veteran

I fixed quite a few bugs recently, although some of the work is being done by others.

I did playthrough of my game to make sure that you can reach to the end etc and then somehow I released my commercial game with a progress breaking bug that makes Xenonight repeat "..." over and over, not letting player to progress.

It happens when you take screenshots etc and forget to change things back.

EternalShadow likes this.
  6. Marston

Marston Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    5-10 max? I pretty much test everything myself as soon as it's ready, so when others finally get a playable version that hardly has any bugs, except for some derp things (like, changing the starting position to make some screenshots and then forgetting to change it back, or changing an enemies HP to 1 to end the battle fast and forgetting to change that back xD). 

EternalShadow likes this.
  7. EternalShadow

EternalShadow Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yeah don't worry, I don't actually -release- the game with this many bugs! (barring Zendir 1 lol) 

I keep making things I forget to change back though too yes XD

8. Dragnfly

Dragnfly Veteran Veteran

Canada, where you open the door and the wind fills
    First Language:
    English
    For during-development bugs with a game I found a terrible cascading bug, so count it is 1 or 7 if you like since the easiest way to find the extent of it's effects was to fix one part, retest and see what else broke, repeat repeat repeat. I'm still just learning though so I'll no doubt pile them up as I try more complex stuff.

9. Denna

Denna Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Well... reported 23 bugs on last saturday. That's my record 'till now, I guess. But there were lot more bugs we noticed ourselfs and didn't reporte them in the bugtracker.