Your dreams on the next RPG Maker(RMMV updates or brand new ones)

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by DoubleX, Nov 19, 2015.

1. DoubleX

DoubleX Just a nameless weakling Veteran

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I know it's far too early to even imagine on this, as RMMV has just released for less than 1 month and RMMV will be constantly updated. But let's say RPG Maker MV Ace(or RMMV updates in any other form, or even brand new RM, same below) would come eventually, what would you want RPG Maker MV Ace to have?

I've briefly searched for this in all RMMV communities I know, and I think quite some of you would want some of these:

1. Javascript ES6(or later versions if they would exist at the time RPG Maker MV Ace would be decided to be made and they would be even better than ES6 for the would be RPG Maker MV Ace)

2. PIXI V3(or later versions if they would exist at the time RPG Maker MV Ace would be decided to be made and they would be even better than PIXI V3 for the would be RPG Maker MV Ace)

3. RMXP Mapping or even better ones

4. Plugin manager parameter readers being able to read the js file name and/or the one in the plugin manager(instead of PluginManager.parameters("Fixed File Name"))

5. Folders in the plugin manager to prevent plugin manager bloat and improve plugin organizations(like grouping them by authors, plugin types, etc)

6. Built-in js IDE rivaling existing ones for generic js development but specifically built for the would be RPG Maker MV Ace(having accesses to both the default RMMV codebase and custom plugins)

7. Built-in Android/IOS Emulators rivaling those for generic android/ios app development(but they would only need to run the game and nothing else)

8. Improved FPSMeter opening accesses to the frame rate(right now it's hardcoded as always 60)

9. Built in Version Control System for game projects(or even Distributed Version Control System if it were needed)

None of your wants here need to be realistic, as it's up to those would be developing RPG Maker MV Ace to decide if our wants would be feasible. After all, one can always dream right?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    *random explosion of secret wishes*

1. An animation editor that is similar to Spine or something. I want to be able to use a flexible sprite editor that isn't like our current system. It's just so inflexible! Battle Animation editor sucks too.

Give me a Particle Engine too!

2. Map Editor needs to be something like UPlus or something. I want subdivision mapping and the ability to flip tiles without having to edit them in the art program. Or an autotile generator or something o(-<

3. Multi language Tab that checks all Scenes in your game and then provide the text version on the side. And then you just need to put files like filename_en or filename_br for everything else. 

4. A better debugging tool that allows us to debug and not wait for it to open like 12323211321 seconds like MV. 

5. PSVita port please.

6. RPG Maker usable on mobiles so I can actually go to the gym more often and game make while on an elliptical bike.

7. A sideview battle system control like Rm2k3 but on Steroids.

8. CTB by default.

9. ROUND CORNERS FOR CLIFFS.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  3. NeoFantasy

NeoFantasy Building Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I find that the mapping system in mv is better than xp's

The return of the resource manager.

More poses in the generator (sitting, waving diagonal etc)

A bigger map limit.

Text wrapping.

A new rtp style becuase as of now it's too simular to vx's.

For it to be called rpg maker mv plus. If they called it ace again that would just get confusing.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
    Animebryan likes this.
  4. Ramiro

Ramiro Now with an army of Mecha-Ralphs! Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    PIXI v3 comes with that by default... and also with a light engine and a lot of filter effects... So PIXI V3 FTW!

I don't really know why, but yes, the animation editor on MV feels worse than VX Ace (probably because they removed the "see previous frame's positions" and the use of the mouse feels... strange.

+1

1. Integrate de android SDK (Why "rival the emulator" when you can actually use that emulator?)
      • Same with IOs SDK... SO probably you will need XCode to do that...
    2. Stop working arround FPS, and work arround milliseconds, like real games >:C
    3. Make input separated from graphical update.
    4. Allow plugins to edit the UI interface, even if theyhave to make an actual API to intrapolate from javascript to c++.
    5. Use the resources from MV for mapping, but allow us to add any tile on any layer.
    6. Optimize tilemaps
    7. Rewrite the battle system to be more modular, right now it's so monolitic it's impossible to edit something about it without killing other battle plugins. (ace was somehow nicer in that regard)

5. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Pixi does but using it is very tedious right now for game format. I'd love to just use it without worrying about lag though

6. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I don't have a lot yet, I keep playing with the art and not making anything with it.  Here's mine though:

• Support for image based fonts (If I'm doing a pixel game I want to use a pixel font).
    • The ability to make any tile animated.
    • Some way to control tile animation (I don't want back and forth for everything, especially not water!)
    • Edges of autotiles back to being the same size as the tiles like in XP (round corners!)
    • Some sort of fix to the mess that is the counter tile.  I want to be able to have fences act like counters and not suddenly look strange.
    • Some way to do tall fences as an autotile.  Just making A4 be on the same layer as the right side of A2 would do it and open up the way for other awesome things like a more reasonable looking tree autotile and some nice hedges.

7. PixelHeart

PixelHeart The Pixel Heartist! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Wow....already we're dreaming up MV Ace?!

Well, right now ....i guess the only thing I'd like is an adjustable tile grid for the map editor, and rounded tiles so the world won't look so dang blocky!!!

Edit: OH! And i miss the import resource manager button TwwT !! SO MUCH!!!

8. arcthemonkey

arcthemonkey Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dank Memes
    I don't know, I honestly don't miss the resource manager even a little. I would like to see some very basic drawing functionality in the editor, though. Like, give me a pencil and a color step palette.

Actually, here is my #1 request for every RPG Maker in the future:

A map editor that lets me a ) break the grid (i.e pixel-based tile placement), and/or b ) use 24/24 tiles with a 48/48 design with the same base resolution as MV currently has. b ) alone would give you insanely more control over the appearance of your maps, and a ) would remove a lot of the need for parallax mapping. Maybe let us rotate tiles, too? kthxbye

Here's the rest of my wishlist:

1) Tilesets with unlimited height, or at least greatly expanded height. I mean seriously, give us triple what we have now and I'll be happy. I understand trying to keep it mobile friendly, but if I wanted to make a PC-only game with larger maps and tilesets, I should be able to.

2) Related to 1), maybe give us a mobile/PC setting for our projects. Mobile games would be limited similar to the current MV, while PC mode would remove a lot of those silly restrictions.

3) Please, please, PLEASE bring back the "Wall" attribute tag from older RPG Makers (The one that let you walk under walls in the up/down direction for only 1 tile).

4) A greatly expanded character generator. I'd like to see one that can be used to make villagers out of the box, including children, with more than 15 odd something clothes options. Maybe even a monster tab for humanoid monsters like werewolves, zombies, skeletons, etc. I think that the current generator is almost there, but it cripples itself unnecessarily by doing silly things like restricting options to specific genders, without providing anything of value in the process. Give use an "Adult" tab with a body section that let use pick male human, female human, skeleton, lycanthrope/cat person, whatever. On the clothes tab, give us some gender neutral options (we don't need male and female versions of plate male) and then a collection of armors and plain villager clothes in both gender styles regardless of which body we picked.

Seriously,  this is basically what it already does. I just want the training wheels taken off, please!

5) Built in, simple particle systems like Archeia mentioned above. I don't need anything procedural or fancy like that (I don't know that that would match up with the RPG Maker style well), but it would be cool to be able to have a simple emitter spitting out some small smoke sprites or something. In the editor, simple would be best:

Image:

Direction:

Speed:

Spread/Variance:

Size/Variance:

Lifespan:

Then if people wanted to do fancy crap they could use script it.

6) Old School auto-tile animation with variable frames. I missing being able to have a 16-frame water animation if I want to without having to fiddle around with scripts.

I mean, here are a ton of stuff they could do. I'd love to see built-in mode 7 support, and a third "Action" battle system option (Hey, they could combine this with the character generator and the particle system for projectiles!), but I'm trying to be realistic :D

Animebryan likes this.
  9. Warpmind

Warpmind Twisted Genius Veteran

First Language:
    Norwegian
    In-database attribute management, in the same manner as the "Types" tab. Adjustable numbers of parameters, ex-parameters and sp-parameters, and editable names in an easy-to-manage list.
    Also, in-database attack formula boxes like the damage formula box; either under the Skills tab for an individual attack formula setup (probably a bit much, but should still be feasible), or under the attribute management tab, to more easily cross-reference the applications of the assorted parameters etc.

Aside from that, nothing immediately comes to mind. Well, nothing that hasn't already been mentioned, at any rate.

arcthemonkey likes this.
  10. DoctorMolotov

DoctorMolotov Adrenochrome... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    What everyone else said, but also a built-in active battle system similar to Falcao's  :)

11. Zortik

Zortik The Architect Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Everything that's been said above sounds awesome. I must be easy though...

All I want are a collection of sprites of different races and monsters.

Elf, Dwarf, Orc, Centaur, Mermaid, etc...

As a rule, basically, if it's a monster in the default database then please make it into a sprite as well.

Having those base sprites would be monumental. Especially with how many people are willing to do edits / and recolors.

Animebryan likes this.
  12. PixelHeart

PixelHeart The Pixel Heartist! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other

13. 10kk

10kk Parallel Process irl Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    QoL improvements like how Yanfly approaches his plugins. More functionality and freedom in the database is huge. The database limitations on things like what weapons/items can do has been here since VX and needs to be expanded on for more 'fun' in games.

Animebryan likes this.
  14. Hoppy

Hoppy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    A script for vehicle battles out of the box.

Animebryan likes this.
  15. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Guess I'd better pin this, hey?  And do you want to change the title (or for me to change it) to "Suggestions for the next RPG Maker"?

DoubleX likes this.
  16. DoubleX

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Actually I wanted to use just that title, but as I recall there's already another topic having the similar/same title even though it's about the RMVXA successor but not RMMV successor, I've changed the title to this current one, although it'd limit the scope from any dream to those related to major RMMV updates rather than something completely revolutionary :)

17. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I believe that one was locked and unpinned when MV was announced, and would now have moved down a few pages towards obscurity, so you would be fine to use the same title if you wanted to.  You just need to edit your post and hit the Use Full Editor button.

DoubleX likes this.
  18. DoubleX

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Changed the title from this:

What would you want if RPG Maker MV Ace would come?

To this:

Your dreams on the next RPG Maker(RMMV updates or brand new ones)

19. DarknessFalls

DarknessFalls Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    1. Can be done right now.

2. Can be done right now.

3. Parallax mapping trumps XP mapping

4. I prefer this way.

5. I prefer a  NPM way of installing plugins to keep up to date.

6. Atom beats anything out there.

7. Xcode/What ever android uses

8. No

9.Git, SVN or even god for bid CVS cannot handle large files such as PSD's or binary files very well. and most hosting services will freak out or take for ever to upload to with a push command so no.

20. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    OH MY! let's do some suggestion!

1. Being able to overlay autotile...because it's would be cool to being able to overlay autotile like by pushing a button like tabs and it's will permit to overlay and still animating! 
    2. Better Graphics Cache Loading Optimization ...for now it's just lag like's sh*t...
    3. Better Mouse control the current one could need improvement like's the path finding who crash when you input to much far it's will hit a wall.
    4. Improved stats for permit Sheet tabs for better control.
    5. Remove the battlelog for being the update system. For the moment Battle log is prebuilt IN the battle system so it's make REALLY hard to edit.
    6. better Plugin Manager for being able to do extended use of it.
    7. stop using Frame's and use tick or second for run the game update.
    I think that's all for the moment lol...