Your dreams on the next RPG Maker(RMMV updates or brand new ones)

Outlaw-77

Lvl 9. Neet
Reaction score
First Language
Something
Primarily Uses
RMMV
more hoods for the generator (already bought the japanese samurai / oriental packs which have been GREAT), also colorpicker. MV is pretty much perfect already but i love the generator so much I just want more and more.

One thing I dislike is the lack of a decent vivid green for the clothes picker, it's either teal or turqoise.

A darker purple would be nice, too... a color picker(H,S,L) would solve ALL THE PROBLEMS.

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This may flip some lids, but I'd like to see MV with DOM elements instead of canvas images. I know that's not very popular, I know, but I've done some neat things with them web pages.

I mean _context.fillText? Why do something in a canvas as a blurry text image that browsers have been able to do with vector precision since the 90's?

What brings up this chaotic opinion is that I learned about pixels in this thread. And I also made a neat thing in this thread that is quite the opposite of that problem (if it were to replace all the menus/messages it has a long way to go, but it's a start).

I know MV was supposed to be Ace in HTML, but if we are gonna go HTML, why not go HTML? I would literally like to see \c[6] replaced with <span style="color:red"> because I know what that fricken does without looking it up each time; I hope you can see the possibilities and get where I'm driving with that.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

EDIT: I mean, I challenge you, if you think you are an HTML5 programmer, please use max browser zoom on this canvas.context.fillText fiddle
https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml5_canvas_filltext

And make it not look like this.

It looks the same way in MV.

Last edited:

Kest

The Ecstasy of Gold
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Agreed, text blur is mind-boggling in this day and age

Pikheat

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want console support. That would be great, as far i can tell. :D

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
built-in compressor for image- and audio files?
like.. having that option to choose when deploying the game.

Rinober

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Console support (PS4) :)

TakeHomeTheCup

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
built-in compressor for image- and audio files?
like.. having that option to choose when deploying the game.
But, they already allow you to make use of compressed image and audio formats.

Henryetha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
But, they already allow you to make use of compressed image and audio formats.
But as far as I know, you still need to compress files with programms outside of rpgmaker, or did I miss sth?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But as far as I know, you still need to compress files with programms outside of rpgmaker, or did I miss sth?
Yes, but there are reasons for this - licencing for MP3 for example means that only free converters can use the free licence, if you sell a program that contains an MP3 encoder (as opposed to a decoder for playing), then you (as the developer) are required to pay for the licence, and have to get that money back from your customers.
So adding the encoding option internally will mean that the price for the maker has to be raised to cover that option, and most people wouldn't want to pay more for something that they could get for free as long as it is not integrated into the editor.
And the same goes for several other formats/compressions.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
A New PRG Maker like RPG Maker 2 for PS2 but for PC!

(sorry no sound)

Full 3-D
Transparent blocks
unique mapping and model buildings

TakeHomeTheCup

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nah... I like RPG Maker's current style.
Next to that, there are way too many problems with making a 3D RPG Maker.

Cloned

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'd really like to see the next RPG Maker have more battle system including natively. I mean, theres clearly people who want more battle systems by the amount of plugins always available, why not just add it to the base game?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
why not just add it to the base game?
because each battlesystem requires testing and support, and even more problematic is a chance that they interact - the plugins replace the existing battlesystem, so the old code isn't active anymore, but having several battlesystems integrated in default has them at least partially active and interacting with each other - that would create a nightmare for testing and support.

They might decide to add battlesystems as plugin-types outside the default, but any integrated solution would create more problems than advantages.

Stanley

Nobody, Joystrike Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, Lotudian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope they will make 2D isometric tiling system soon...:kaohi:

DjKniteX

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm really hoping the next RPG Maker keeps using JavaScript. It's one of the reasons why I'm learning JS. Maybe some sort of midi music creator would be an interesting feature

HarmonyGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
N/A
More battle systems (RPG battle, Real-time battle).
The ability to recolor sprites.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
More battle systems (RPG battle, Real-time battle).
Sorry, but additional battlesystem are better implemented as scripts or plugins like they are now. Having multiple battlesystems in the engine itself will create problems not only in general support, but also in stability and the option to choose other solutions.
The ability to recolor sprites.
You already can do that - just load the sprite into GIMP or so.
Using a hue calculation function like it has been done in other parts is a bad idea due to the massive requirements on CPU power while processing that.

Stanley

Nobody, Joystrike Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, Lotudian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pls stick with JavaScript!:kaohi:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When did anything under your mid-twenties become the new 10 years old? At least try to act like your old enough to sign a lease.
Having someone tell me that "Right clicking to save an image is soooo creepy" has got to be the weirdest thing I've heard this week.
Finally figured out how to make a signature with a pic that leads to a link, it's so cool! Click the image to check out my demo! :kaopride:
When you are very focus making a game on a Monday morning and doing your very best to make it perfect for your players. Than smile to take a break and realize it is Friday... o_o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AegeanCaos