Your dreams on the next RPG Maker(RMMV updates or brand new ones)

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
As awesome as it would be for advanced users. I can already picture beginners messing with that, screwing up their editor, and then complaining on the forum that their editor doesn't work. :LZSskeptic:
Depends on how it's implemented, in Unity it's kinda hard to mess the main editor up as everything is tabbed/windowed.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Different sizes in the sprite generator.

Different styles in the faceset generator.

UI customization, drag and drop would be awesome, like some other people suggested.

A script library that comes with the engine that includes a lot of really popular features.

More layers.

Off-grid placement of small objects.

LIGHTING.

V_Aero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Event Spawning, Cloning and Deletion

mazzy-elf

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like different size options for the face portraits they're a little bit big for my personal taste and I haven't found a plug-in that alters them size wise only really cropping them.

TimothyMV

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For me, a lot more variety in the database!

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If they can create a better face generator (although I actually like a lot of things about the MV one already) that would be good.

I don't know how it can be done, but making things even easier to do. I.e. With mapping allow built-in houses and areas, so stamp pre-made stuff like that onto maps, while still being able to edit and customise them further.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
C+++ instead of java

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Regardless of whatever programing they use, be it Javascript, Ruby, Lua, C++, or even freaking Assembly...
It would be nice to open and modify the source code for plugins in-engine again (with a 'find all' command too), just like scripts, rather than having to open up a separate text file. Sometimes all it takes is to change/remove a few lines just to make two plugins compatible.

Center

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Pakistani
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Easier to use more image resources

Motochi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I hope the next Rpgmaker still using Javascript

RetailDrone7576

Reillo9
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My want for the next rpg maker is simple, for the built in character generator to be non-chibi sprites, and for the option of having the front hair and rear hair to be different colors

V_Aero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So it's year 2020 now. Will there ever be a new major version of RPGMaker?

CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yeezus, I hope not. I'm just now getting really comfortable with MV. And I think it has all of the features I'll ever need. And there is a very substantive pool of plugins and assets available for it. Personally, I think I'm more likely to go back to VXA sporadically in future projects than forward to whatever's after MV. I can't think of any feature or combination of features, just right now, that a new RPG Maker could have that would make me feel differently.

That said, @V_Aero I am almost sure they will release a new version eventually. People buy the software when they release it. And that's all the reason any corporation needs.

Yougotsomechocolate

Random Chest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I say that we should be able to have custom editor skins, and maybe full screen art borders for the games that are smaller sized.

Purest Prodigy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Streamline custom UI options including in-engine font selection, menu editor, windowskin border/color etc

Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
The possibility to select different sized tiles (for example 32x32 or 64x64) in one engine and a menu that automatically adapts to different screen resolutions. Also a normal, non-exotic screen resolution as default.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kitchen counters! I am on my second version of counters. It is slow going and I always see little details that could be done better. Have to force myself to say that's good enough for now and continue on.
I always thought I was just really, really bad at communication, then the internet proceeds to say "lol no".
Almost 100,000 Threads! We should make a celebration. Make a 100K logo? :p
Cursed problem: Multiple language switches. Say, you want to switch to EN language from JP but you have no idea where the language switch in JP menu language.
Tonight I'm finally going to start putting the dungeons my team has made on grid paper into the engine. That's the final step of making the game world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohannBecker