Your dreams on the next RPG Maker(RMMV updates or brand new ones)

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have a dream that one day the following features will be added for MZ:

#1: Randomized Dungeon Generation
To have a map/dungeon's map be randomized each time you enter it. To make a dungeon that is never the same, no matter how many times you enter it.

#2: Elemental Absorption by default in the editor
To allow Elemental Rates to go negative & heal its user by the percentage.

#3: Auto Passive States when a piece of equipment is worn, by default in the editor
To add an option to keep any State permanently on the character while they have that piece of equipment on.

#4: For Custom Battle HUDs & Menu Scenes by default
To be able to modify the Battle HUD & Menu Scenes within the editor. To create as many categories as we want & to control what database items belong to which category. To be able to make our own Item Crafting scene not with a external plugin, but by creating such a menu scene from scratch. To be able to make your own Achievement System relying only on switches & variables.

#5: For multiple Accessory slots to exist & be counted as the same type by default
To be able to have any number of accessory slots that all allow the same accessory category & to be able to have cursed accessories that won't lock all of them, just it's own slot.

#6: For the max map size to be restored to its former glory at 500x500.

#7: For there to be multiple Damage Floor IDs, so that you can have different damage floors do different amounts of damage by default in the editor.

#8: For the increase in the number of Self Switches & the inclusion of Self Variables for events, which is required if you want to make a Tactical Strategy RPG, like Advance Wars, Fire Emblem or FF Tactics.

#9: For the Counter Attack effect to not automatically Auto Evade attacks, as that can be added separately to the same State.

#10: For the option to create custom vehicles & customize which tiles they can move through & dismount from.

#11: To have a proper summoning system for both actors & enemies. To be able to add a actor to your party in battle or temporarily remove them & replace them with another. To have enemies be able to call reinforcements & simply use enemy ID & dynamic placement on the battlefield IF there is room for them for both Front View & Side View.

#12: To be able to fully customize all the stats, remove or even add new ones, define their damage formula abbreviation & even have the option to have stats increase by a random amount instead of a fixed amount.

#13: To have a vast library (100+) of enemy battlers for both FV & SV (facing their respective directions & not be identical), and have map sprites for all of them so that they don't ever have to implement random battles.

#14: For enemy AI to be designed smarter, like with Yanfly's Battle AI Core.

#15: Improve & add more variety of Battle Events, including keeping track of killed enemies.

That's all I can think of now.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would like a new PC RPG Maker in the style of RPG Maker 2 for the PlayStation 2.

VCraft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Other
I have a dream that one day the following features will be added for MZ:

#1: Randomized Dungeon Generation
To have a map/dungeon's map be randomized each time you enter it. To make a dungeon that is never the same, no matter how many times you enter it.

#2: Elemental Absorption by default in the editor
To allow Elemental Rates to go negative & heal its user by the percentage.

#3: Auto Passive States when a piece of equipment is worn, by default in the editor
To add an option to keep any State permanently on the character while they have that piece of equipment on.

#4: For Custom Battle HUDs & Menu Scenes by default
To be able to modify the Battle HUD & Menu Scenes within the editor. To create as many categories as we want & to control what database items belong to which category. To be able to make our own Item Crafting scene not with a external plugin, but by creating such a menu scene from scratch. To be able to make your own Achievement System relying only on switches & variables.

#5: For multiple Accessory slots to exist & be counted as the same type by default
To be able to have any number of accessory slots that all allow the same accessory category & to be able to have cursed accessories that won't lock all of them, just it's own slot.

#6: For the max map size to be restored to its former glory at 500x500.

#7: For there to be multiple Damage Floor IDs, so that you can have different damage floors do different amounts of damage by default in the editor.

#8: For the increase in the number of Self Switches & the inclusion of Self Variables for events, which is required if you want to make a Tactical Strategy RPG, like Advance Wars, Fire Emblem or FF Tactics.

#9: For the Counter Attack effect to not automatically Auto Evade attacks, as that can be added separately to the same State.

#10: For the option to create custom vehicles & customize which tiles they can move through & dismount from.

#11: To have a proper summoning system for both actors & enemies. To be able to add a actor to your party in battle or temporarily remove them & replace them with another. To have enemies be able to call reinforcements & simply use enemy ID & dynamic placement on the battlefield IF there is room for them for both Front View & Side View.

#12: To be able to fully customize all the stats, remove or even add new ones, define their damage formula abbreviation & even have the option to have stats increase by a random amount instead of a fixed amount.

#13: To have a vast library (100+) of enemy battlers for both FV & SV (facing their respective directions & not be identical), and have map sprites for all of them so that they don't ever have to implement random battles.

#14: For enemy AI to be designed smarter, like with Yanfly's Battle AI Core.

#15: Improve & add more variety of Battle Events, including keeping track of killed enemies.

That's all I can think of now.
Great ideas! I really like them

Rodak

Dang Hippy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Math
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would like a new PC RPG Maker in the style of RPG Maker 2 for the PlayStation 2.

Absolutely!!

My game began it's life on RPGM2. I even wrote a guide for it's Visual Effects Editor.

Of all the game making games I ever played with, it is by far my favorite (yes, it blows away every entry in the RPGMaker series from this site).

It was the perfect balance of power, 3D Graphics, and simplicity.

And I thought I was the only one who remembered RPGM2, let alone cares about it. Every PS2 I bought to try and continue work on my game's original incarnation died so there is a desperate need for something like this.
I just don't have the time to teach myself the coding needed for Unity or Unreal, so if this ever came out it would easily be worth 3 times the price of the entries in this series.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It was the perfect balance of power, 3D Graphics, and simplicity.
Could you perchance get into a fantastic rant about your love for the system and its many perks? I was always... "distantly intrigued" by a 3D RPG Maker and was excited when I saw the 3D version when I was a teenager. But I don't think I've met anyone outside this thread that really got into what they loved and disliked about the PS2 software.

Bandito

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
I completely forgot about RPG Maker 2 for the PS2. It was a fun game, and I am surprised there is not a version like that. There's MV3D where you could maybe try to recreate this if you use a program like Blender but it's not the same.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When doing a map or whatever, kind of wish you could round out some parts.
Glad to announce:
Released a plugin mod for MV: SelectMultipleTargets v3.0 (mod of original by Zevia)

port to MZ is following

1,Randomly generate events with planted spawner events(great flexibility for customization and auto-match player's level)
2,Randomly enter roguelike dungeon
3,Player can exit dungeon or back to town or choose to challenge BOSS at the end of each dungeon
4,Dungeon maps can be randomly generated by a third-party tool
Got locked out of the house yesterday... best friends who had the spare ghosted me. Locksmith had to literally drill thru the lock bc they couldn't pick it. Whole process took 4 hours and far too much money. And they have to come back next week bc they don't have the right cylinder, cause it's an old interlocking lock. I'm livid lol
 I’m probably going to regret this, but I need kobolds for my project and I’ve decided to sprite them myself. This is Attempt #1, front view only.

KoboldFront.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LollipopXD