Your dreams on the next RPG Maker(RMMV updates or brand new ones)

ShadowKing

Designer and Story Writer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Oh boy, here we go.

1: Resolution options from the get go. You know, like in PC games today? It's 2015, not 2000.

2: Linux version. Many Windows users are frustrated with Windows 10 and would love to switch to Linux; which is far less invasive.

3: Layer system like in image editing programs such as PhotoShop and GIMP. Cover both tiles and events with this.

4: I agree with more poses in the generator.

5: Bigger map size would definitely do, maybe have unlimited for it for those open-world games.

6: Don't make a version for consoles

7: Coordinate placement. Instead of grid system, let's have it go by coordinates; how about both? A coordinate placement system would be great for more advanced RM editors.

8: Please keep the anime style, it is the only real form of art.

9: When we open up the choice box, have the text box close too (toggleable).

10: And maybe add waypoints we can toggle? This is great for kids who can't read.

11: Take off the pesky underwear on the sprites, it'd make life easier if the "clothing-less" sprites in the sprites were actually clothing-less. Of course add underwear as a clothing option for those making a T/12-oriented game.

12: Add-on file for generator parts. Instead of a convoluted method for adding generator parts, why not give add-on generator parts their own folder?

13: Maybe make adding DLC easier (even go as far to make RM games optionally moddable)? I'm not sure how I'll add DLC to my own game but dammit we want to post-launch.

Last edited by a moderator:

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A few more features that NEED to be put in.

When setting a move route have a little square around the tile where your sprite will be so that you don't have to keep recounting tiles to make sure they'll end up in the right place.

The ability to add splash screens, events etc play before the title screen.

More tilesets per map! I don't understand this limit, maybe it has something to do with lag but it is really annoying.

Not sure if they changed this in Mv but more than eight enemies per battle.

The ability to add new item groups Ex Relics, Gems etc.

The ability to spray paint tiles so we can gradually add them in to create realistic transitions between terrain.

Mister.Right

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
6. Built-in js IDE rivaling existing ones for generic js development but specifically built for the would be RPG Maker MV Ace(having accesses to both the default RMMV codebase and custom plugins)
Why would you need a built-in JS IDE? There are many JS IDE out there, already. Unless you use JS to build server side app then you may consider using an IDE otherwise you don't need an IDE to write some plug-in, Notepad++ is good enough for coding JS. If you do need to debug as front end developer you just need Firefox. 

Orichalcum+

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Im a little late to the party, but Id like Script as a condition in the event editor. They added a Note section to the top I guess would be useful if I could actually program JS.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Things I'd like to see:

- If possible, can RPG Maker MV just directly have a set of Resource Paths rather than just be relative to the game's directory?  This way we can point our test builds straight to the RTP and custom content.  Of course, when it comes time to Export, the game would have to pull every resource in the directories.  But it would make testing and project distribution a lot easier.  Sample projects would go back to being small --- because their Paths would directly reference the RTP instead of loading up a good chunk of the RTP at one go.

- More than 4 Self-Switches in the GUI.  I know the back-end supports an arbitrary number, so at least having, say, 12 would be nice.  I assume this would be a trivial change to some constants in the Editor.

- Ability to use existing VX Ace resources such as Sprites and Tilesets without resizing.  I know plug-ins let you go to 32x32, but the editor still looks strange.

- Automatic audio file import (would convert to OGG and M4A as needed)

FlameEX

The Volcanic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ok let's see...

1. Support for 3D, but you need your own graphics

2. Be able to make your games on mobile :)

3. Support for online

4. Be able to export your games to other consoles/handheld consoles

5. More event commands, I guess

6. SAS/ABS checkbox!!

That's all

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. Support for 3D, but you need your own graphics

2. Be able to make your games on mobile :)

4. Be able to export your games to other consoles/handheld consoles
1: 3D is an extremely bad idea - search the forum for the topics wishing 3D previously to learn why this won't happen. There are simply too many disadvantages to 3D for it to be practical for an RPG-Maker, just switch to Unity if you want that.
2: ??? That is already added by MV

4: while theoretically possible, the main problem here is not the technology but the licence - to be able to publish for most consoles/handhelds, you'll need a developer lices for that console.

And those aren't exactly cheap....

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
2: ??? That is already added by MV
I guess he means being able to open the RMMV editor on mobile directly, instead of opening it on PC then porting the games to mobile :)

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
My wishes would be

• Integrated Bust-support without show picture command
  • Allow to use as many frames as I want for almost everything so, no frame limit. The default can still be 3 frames.
  • Word wrapping without plugins and even word wrapping in the editor. 
  • Going away from the grid system. Or maybe able to choose between pixel movement and grid system.
  • No more tiles, instead if someone did a sofa for example I want to import it, without creating an event, or change the tileset or need to erase something from it. 
  • Resolution support on board. 
  • A better ingame save system where you can give them names, and more then twenty slots. 

Mister.Right

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
My wish list is:

1. Fully support parallax mapping with no plug in needed.

2. Active Real Time Battle System (Similar to Zelda)

3. Turn Base Strategy Battle System (similar to Fire Emblem)

4. Multi-Player system supported (leader boards, rank, co-op)

I guess that will be future releases.

Espon

Lazy Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
  • Better mapping.  I was a little sadden that they stuck with the VX-style for mapping.  XP's mapping was so good with its unlimited tilesets and ability to put any tile on any layer.  While the added third layer is a big help in MV, it still lacks things like the ability to walk directly behind walls without need for scripts or special mapping, and multiple star layers.

The ability to have more than 3 frames of animation for sprites without using scripts.  Also, the RTP has very few custom poses compared to VX Ace.  Only the title characters have more than just a laying down sprite.
Full RGB colour and contrast support in the character generator.  The default colours are limited and not good (especially for hair), forcing me to constantly edit the gradients file.

FlameEX

The Volcanic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
1: 3D is an extremely bad idea - search the forum for the topics wishing 3D previously to learn why this won't happen. There are simply too many disadvantages to 3D for it to be practical for an RPG-Maker, just switch to Unity if you want that.2: ??? That is already added by MV4: while theoretically possible, the main problem here is not the technology but the licence - to be able to publish for most consoles/handhelds, you'll need a developer lices for that console.And those aren't exactly cheap....
Got #4 wrong, it should be 3 *face palm*Yeah I have seen people wanting 3D, but I know its a bad idea. I couldn't think of anything, it was the first thing that came to my mind, alot of people complain that 2D is so 2000.

In #2, I mean that you could make games in mobile, not play games.

Nade-sama01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Customizable Interface would be perfect! :D

For example create new windows in the database to expand it more, a grid controller to change the size without third-party plugins and work with that in the editor, things like that~

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
-Bust generator

-Return of pressing a button for a common event

-Animation editor includes battler movements

-Custom stats

Heartbreak61

Wandering Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. Resize-able child windows.

2. Collapsable conditional branches and loops.

3. Conditional branches that support multiple conditions with AND and OR operator.

4. Better map order management just like way we order layers in photoshop.

5. Linked switch, variables, common event, or anything that used as event command parameters. Lets say I move variable 2 to 3, all events that has variable 2 as it's argument will be automatically updated to variable 3.

6.Extended use of variables, such as use it as argument on picture ID or event ID (on move route command).

7. Common event list as child window, which will center the camera to the event (and probably open it immediately) when we double click on one of the list.

8. Built-in auto wrap and more customization on text message such as height, width, etc.

That's what come into my mind when I want my eventing to be more fun.

ps:

I'm not sure about this but I feel that event and character should be considered as different "object" (it's already different on the engine, but on the editor, I feel that they're same).

First time I use RPG maker, I was really confused about the difference between character, actor, and event on the map. I know that this will cause many things to be changed and people will have to re-learn the flow from the start. Maybe I just miss Warcraft 3 editor afterall.

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would LOVE a bust generator for MV that matches your character ^.^ that you made using the generator : D that would make so many people very happy

sadly that will never happen >.>

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You mean a way to interact with the generator in game?  That would be nice.

byronclaude

Master of all things... (except the things I am no
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For my post a couple notes 1) Some of these may have already been posted, so my re-mentioning of anything already posted is meant to simply reinforce the demand (for better thread result analysis), and 2) my requests are not for scripts/plug-ins, but rather the mechanics of the engine itself (done through eventing, or database function).

1  Bring back easy transitions.  Rm2k3 had a nice variety of easy transitions.  I miss that.

2. 4 vehicles.  Maybe even 5 or 6 vehicles.  (I don't know the programming involved, so I don't know if this is a pebble or a mountain I am asking for).

3. Option for pixel-movement.  I don't even mind the square tiles.  Pixel movement would be cool.  (Remember the Sphere engine)

4. Bring back the option for a smooth common event in place of game over if desired.

5.  Easy fog.  RMXP nailed it.

6.  Message versatility  The addition of the scrolling message in VX Ace (this may have been in VX also, I cant remember) was awesome...  but how cool would it be if Options for 'Thought Bubbles'  and 'Speech Bubbles' were present without a script.

7.  Add/Change character commands more easily throughout the game without class-changing or scripting.

8.  Stronger Parallax control (the option to pin it as a bottom layer without a script/plug-in)

9.  KEEP MV's mouse-click option for a side-battle.

10.  Options for level-Up messaging.  

Pharonix

Shadow Walker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Future Updates?

I don't even know how to update the darn thing.

My program is still on 1.00..  I heard 1.01 (or 1.1, or something) is out but nobody says how to do it.

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Future Updates?

I don't even know how to update the darn thing.

My program is still on 1.00..  I heard 1.01 (or 1.1, or something) is out but nobody says how to do it.
if its threw steam. steam auto does it for you. if its not from steam your have to redownload it

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been busy trying out different art styles for my game.

Enemies deserve some spotlight also
hackingCompressed.gif
I think I can make a text-based mini-game with almost zero art assets and with code only...just a lot of code as assets all by themselves. :kaojoy:
A video update on the progress I've been making on the cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I wonder if color LUTs is possible for RPG Maker. It would be game changer and can replace the not so good looking tint screen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HBKaze