Your dreams on the next RPG Maker(RMMV updates or brand new ones)

amerk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not sure what may or may not yet be in the program, so some of these may already be features:

1. In-editor tileset with a blank tileset template allowing you copy / paste your own together.

2. In-editor parallax option with built in scripts, but maybe a toggle for those who prefer tile-based mapping.

3. A min/max step count for encounters, and switches in the map area to toggle things like saves on/off, encounters on/off, and to switch types of encounters after various events.

4. A in-editor audio system allowing people to create their own loop points for tracks.

5. Ability to create events for battlers, not just troops.

Those would be my largest wants.

Minor stuff:

1. Bring back the ability to select who uses what items.

2. Bring back the more advanced battle commands of 2K/3, allowing players to control pre-emptives and what not.

3. Color slider for tilesets.

4. More scope options for using items or skills in battle.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
  • Easier to set button presses (press a key for party chat)

Easy to add or remove stats
Easy to modify default script like we can do with plugins
Set a range for events. Stepping on a certain area would activate self-switch A for that area rather than creating many events and switches.

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Event to Event Collection detection :) so that events can use teleport events to move to maps : D like on zelda :)

noctiluca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A basic script builder/viewer would be nice even just as a learning tool. Kind of like the event editor but more complex and advanced, and instead of running everything through the interpreter during gameplay, it spits out a code file for you to import or admire or whatever. Some things would still be impossible to make from navigating menus alone, and it wouldn't be as clean as hand-written code, but I bet it would help a lot of people (like me :p ) see the relationship between coding and eventing; hopefully make it easier to make the leap into coding from scratch.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Event to Event Collection detection :) so that events can use teleport events to move to maps : D like on zelda :)
An event teleport can't work that way - and I really doubt that even Zelda worked that way.
That is because to teleport an event to another map, that map needs to run in memory - and that is difficult enough with single maps, much less every map in game.

The only thing possible is to pretend such a thing by vanishing an event from a map, storing how long it was gone, and have it appear at an approximate place in the new map after the player follows it. But never process the steps of an event done while the player is not on that map. That way lies hell...

alberthk

EM[P]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
. . .the forum has said it all!

. . .the only thing i rarely see is the wish to :

1. make more keyboard shortcut

2. make more mouse shortcut

3. control panels

. . .i'm sure the developers know how to improve on this part. . .

. . .i was inspired when i was using gimp and i thought why rpg maker don't have this kind of shortcuts or control panel features. . .

Chester

Meow Kitten
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Cat Tongue
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm going to say 3-D just for fun meow :3

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A height map. We have regions, but I'm honestly surprised RPGMaker hasn't added the feature to flag the height on tiles without separate scripts. As it is, mapping a dungeon with 3 levels on the same map is a nightmare of shift-clicking, and a basic ability to label some tiles as at height 1, some at height 2, etc would fix this big time.

jaypee

hobbyist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Your dreams on the next RPG Maker(RMMV updates or brand new ones)

I would really like to have the following its kinda mixed with update and brand new ones.

1] RTP resource - please add more beautiful premade maps with lots of variety I would love to buy it as an add-on

2] RTP resource - I would like to see a monster generator or something built inside the maker aside from the character generator  I dont know how they do it but I want to see it for the next update :D

3] RTP resource - I would like to see rtp premade maps from all previous makes as an add-ons that way we can have more fun and options to choose from.

4] RTP resource- I would like to see more options for the character generator

5] Rpgmaker - Multiple support for all kinds of game-pads would be cool or someone can just write a plugin scripts for us :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Redeye

Chronicles Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have plenty of ideas...

• First off, do something new. Stop using VX as a template, and be original for once.
  • Ditch the Chibi sprites. Add something new and cool that we haven't seen before. Ace and MV look and work too much like VX, which is dumb.
  • I do like how they introduced the ability to switch between Front and Side View, but maybe they should expand on this and add in features such as making the Overall Battle System Turn-Based, ATB, or CTB, and let us choose between the 3.
  • Add in the feature for HP Costs.
  • Add in Lifesteal / Manasteal, or some way to make Skills heal the user based off of a % of damage dealt by default when using the feature.
  • Re-add VX's Elemental Affinity system, and ditch the VX Ace one. VX's was much better and I have no idea why they removed it. Either do that, or reinstate the Element Absorption feature by allowing us to enter Negative rates to the Element Rate feature.
  • Add an Elemental Repel feature as well.
  • Add an SP-Parameter that allows you to alter Damage dealt, similar to PDR and MDR, so you can make it like a State that makes you deal 50% more damage from all sources.
  • Allow for us to set unlimited Item Drops from enemies
  • Allow for us to use more than 2 Animation Sheets for making animations
  • Allow us to choose our resolutions from the get-go
  • Allow us to do Parallax Mapping in the editor. Or "Pixel Mapping", as I'd rather it be named if it were to be added. In the editor, you'll be able to place down Ground, Walls, Props, and Decoration by Pixel, not by Tile. OR, to make it slightly more simple, make mapping the Ground and Walls by Tile, and placing the Decorations by Pixel.
  • Pixel Movement
  • Less Blocky tilesets. Make the RTP tilesets more realistic. Make Natural Tiles such as Mountains and Valleys have Curves, Allow us to make Diagonal Ceilings with Indoor Tiles, etc.
  • Bring back the Resource Manager
  • Make adding in Custom Character Generator Parts EASIER
  • Add in an easier-to-use Jump option in the Move Route menu. I don't want to memorize X and Y coordinates. I want it to be as simple as selecting the direction the character will jump in (Up, Down, Left, Upper Right, Lower Left, etc.) and set the amount of tiles I want them to go.
  • In the Character Generator, give us the option to make Child, Midget, Hunchbacked-Elderly, or even Abnormally Tall characters.
  • Allow us to ADD ON to color gradients, not REPLACE color gradients!!!!!
  • Add more poses. Like more than 1 Damage position, as having every custom character in the same damaged pose is very strange. Maybe even give them a Battle-Ready Stance, Sitting Stance, Laying-Down Stance, etc.
  • Bigger, or maybe even Unlimited Tileset sizes.
  • More, or maybe even Unlimited Tileset sections. (Such as Page F, G, H, I, J...)
  • More weather effects (Add in Fog! Little Lights! Blizzards! Embers! Falling Leaves! Clouds! Sunbeams! Moonbeams!)

And that's all I got so far

DustyZiroto

The one guy who never left XP
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If we get back RMXP's mapping and I promise you, I'll buy every RPG Maker from that day forward.

Day one, won't even do research.

burntable

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
[...]
  • Ditch the Chibi sprites.
It feels like, the sprites get worse with every rpgmaker version.

MV is by far the best version in my opinion, but those sprites... :D

Rodak

Dang Hippy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Math
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
*random explosion of secret wishes*

1. An animation editor that is similar to Spine or something. I want to be able to use a flexible sprite editor that isn't like our current system. It's just so inflexible! Battle Animation editor sucks too.

Give me a Particle Engine too! ...
One of my first posts was asking for a sprite animation viewer because I needed a cow sprite with sv battler animation for my main character.  I was shocked that there wasn't one included in the stock actors, so I made my own  (it's posted in the resources section if anyone wants it).

So yeah - any animation and visual effects tools added to the editor at all.  Particle systems are great idea, especially if we can use custom particles (like in Particle Illusion).  Making the Artsy Bits is my favorite part of game making and it's clumsy testing battler sprites via test play.

If anybody remembers RPG Maker 2 for Playstation, that had an Amazing VFX Editor and was my favorite thing about that maker.  Something along those lines would make MV infinitely more entertbraining.

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The ability to have large tilesets again like in RPG Maker XP.

Ideally, the system would generate a tileset for each map based on what tiles were used, so as to achieve the same level of speed as MV.

But being limited to what tiles I've chosen for a map just kills me. Makes me want to parallax. Maybe I should.

Milena

The woman of many questions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Irish
Primarily Uses
N/A
  • ATB is default.

CTB is default.
ABS is default.
TBS (Tactical Battle) is default.
Chrono Trigger Battle System is default.
Press Turn Battle System is default.
Animated Titles and Menus are editable and easier to change.
Gauges are editable and replacable by image by default.
Sandbox System is default.
XBOX, PS2, PS3, PS4, Android, iOS, PSVita, NDS port by default. Not complicated. It should be Deploy -> Click -> Game -> Play
Platformer is default.
Animated Battlers is default.
Adjustable spritesheet is default.
Support all sound format.
Support all image format.
Supports 2D and 3D.
Supports Live2D by Default.
Supports VR / Occulus Rift by Default.
Pokemon-Style game is default and adjustable.
Visual Novel style is default.
Parallax Mapping support is default.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
-2003 mode of setting up sideview is a must, plus the option of sideview or not.

-Animations also allow for battler animation.

-Add or remove stats, including MP.

-Bust generator.

-Battlers and character sprites remain a consistent style

Last edited by a moderator:

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Random Generating Dungeons like in RPG Maker 2003. They randomize each time you enter them, but it should also randomize where you appear & randomize event locations. They also need to make Parallel Process battle events & increase the conditions to check for in battle events. They are way too limited as is. You should also be able to change passiblity for vehicles like the boat (I plan to change the boat to a submarine that can go underwater & need it to pass over floor tiles for the ocean floor as well as water when its on the surface).

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Built in ABS :) so we can make zelda games much easier instead of having to relay on plug ins :) it should be built in :)

You don't have to with MV, since MV is pretty much wide open you can just even script the abs you want. The bad thing about this is that you have to event script every enemy behavior but most enemies in a ABS are pretty standard, they see you they come rushing towards you and attack you.  

What do I want in the next Rpg Maker?

No Map limit, c'mon....

A better map editor.

Built in choice for tile size "yea there's a plugin, should have just been built in..."

A better animation editor, or allow use of an external editor.

amerk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If we get back RMXP's mapping and I promise you, I'll buy every RPG Maker from that day forward.

Day one, won't even do research.

Except you would have to do some research, at least to verify that XP mapping style is in. :)

Aside from all this, I think Redeye summed it all up pretty nicely. Something that doesn't feel like it's an add-on to VX, new and fresh. Maybe a hybrid between XP and VX / Ace, so we can use auto tiles if we want, but can easily alter corners with a quick click.

I thought about the in-editor parallax mapping before, or as Redeye calls it, pixel mapping, but I've also heard parallax maps tend to really drive the size of a project up. Would an in-game parallax mapping do the same?

Otherwise, the only real thing I think is needed is an event system for individual monsters similar to what we have for troops. Beyond that, a better default front-view system would be nice, but the ability of choosing between front and side was a definite move in the right direction.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Woot got a promotion and a pay rise ᕙ( • ‿ • )ᕗ now I'm set.
does anyone feel like explaining to me the difference between simulation and emulation? you have my full permission to be as pedantic as you want.
About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clonan