Your favorite animal.

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Gallia, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Gallia

Gallia Global Support Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello Everyone,

Here i am again with another thread.
    Today's topic is "Your favorite animal".

But... before posting, there is a small rule, you have to specify what breed of animal.
    So don't say "Dog, Cat, Bird, etc",
    You are allowed to give multiple answers.

Ok now i'm going to give my answer.
    My favorite animal is the House Sparrow (Passer domesticus).

What is yours ?

-Gallia

Philosophus Vagus and robhr like this.
  2. robhr

robhr come on die young Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Long haired tuxedo cats. Then every other cat. Then either husky dogs or golden retrievers.

I love every animal, though.

I like your choice. I'd love a bird as a pet but I doubt they'd get along with the cats. My father's told me stories of his pet budgie as a kid. Apparently it would sit in his toy car and push himself around with his wings.

3. Ebontope

Ebontope Plays video games too much to be productive. Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    European shorthairs. Simple and sweet.

WP_20160113_18_41_49_Pro.jpg

4. Philosophus Vagus

Philosophus Vagus The drunken bird dog of rpg maker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Do you know what you've unleashed @Gallia?, because I'll never shut up now. There are to many to list...so many cool animals out there.

I guess for dogs my favorite would be Labradors, so big and friendly looking with their wide puppy smiles, and always up for anything once they grow out of the destructive puppy stage, plus because of the destructive puppy stage they are constantly in flux and as long as you don't care about papers you can almost always find one at shelters.

Maine Coons are probably my favorite kind of cat, just because one appeared one day and hunted all the rabbits who kept eating my little garden and for whom I was to much of a hippy stoner to get off my butt and deal with myself. It's still living in the crawlspace under my house right now, because I keep supplying it water and besides the rabbits it has ample mice and snakes to hunt nearby and we've been happily swapping such tributes with each other for about two years now. Considering that these cats are also like a grand each I've no doubt that I'm technically a catnapper at this point, but whatever cause I haven't seen a mouse in the house or a snake in the grass ever since Wrath the cat started living under my house and treating my yard as his hunting grounds. Though I have to say I do miss the rabbits now that they are gone, they were always cute to watch and I could blame my gardens failures on them instead of accepting that I can't even grow okra and potatoes right.

I guess out of all the deer I've stalked whitetails are my favorite just because they seem to have an extra dose of paranoid compared to other deer species native to my area which makes tracking them even more of a thrill. They're nocturnal enough that you can't catch them after dawn or before dusk and they can hear and see and smell better than most dogs. Nothing like brushing a whitetail and watching it take off bounding in and around trees and other foliage at 30 mph or more. Just don't sneak up on a young mother, she'll try to break your sternum with a good swift kick before bolting with her fawns.

Ugh, birds. So many birds. I can't pick just one dagnabit! You'll have to settle for favorites among a similar genus and even then I might not be able to just pick one.

I like the titmouse because they are everywhere and entertaining to watch (and yes, I do find the name humorous like a sophomoric jerk would) but just look at the fluffy tufted cutie and tell me she's not awesome. They are also a lot easier to watch than chickadees and other similar foragers, because they have a laid back but methodical attitude towards work that I easily sympathize with.

Pine siskins are another favorite find for me, they don't really do anything particularly fascinating but I find their feather hues interesting enough that they don't really need to do much beyond perching in their pines and looking at me warily.

Phobes are probably my favorite bugnabber, but in all fairness I think any animal that devours the likes of flies, mosquitoes and ticks is awesome. But these little fuzzballs just look so pensive I could watch them 'think' for hours.

This is my sophomoric side rearing it's ugly head again but, just try not to laugh at his royal featheriness: I like to think of the kingfisher as god's commentary on the hilarity of vanity, also their beaks keep growing after the rest of them stops, making some of them sort of look like a Disney cartoon bird rather than a real one.

Kites are also awesome, if only because I believe them to be the true reality and inspiration behind the entire Mothman legend. If nothing else, they are a terrifying encounter when gazing up at the stars and one just perches and stares down at you.

Okay, I have to stop for now because I need a shower before work, but this list of favorite animals is far from complete so I'll probably be back later.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    Sauteed_Onion and Dalph like this.
  5. Gallia

Gallia Global Support Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nope ;).
    It is a nice list, be sure to resume it.

6. robhr

robhr come on die young Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Ebontope Your cat looks almost identical to my cat. Neat.

Sauteed_Onion and Ebontope like this.
  7. Johnny_Retro

Johnny_Retro Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Dogs (Jack Russel and Bull Terrier)
    Dunno why, just think they look really nice.

8. chungsie

chungsie Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I like .... um.... dolphins? I have no idea about dolphin breeds....

Sauteed_Onion likes this.
  9. Rukiri

Rukiri I like to make Action-RPGs Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Dogs (Golden Retrievers, Huskies, and Australian Sheppard mostly)
    I also have a birman cat (we believe he's either a birman or a birman / ragdoll mix)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  10. Guiguimu

Guiguimu The best revenge is massive success Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Cats - European shorthair, persa... etc.

Sauteed_Onion and Dalph like this.
  11. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralphâ„¢ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Cats, because they are awesome.

[​IMG]

12. Amysaurus

Amysaurus Digital Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Dinosaurs, of course! :rswt
    [​IMG]
    I prefer the velociraptor and apatosaurus.

13. Eterna

Eterna *Grandiose* Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Actually, this is very hard for me to answer. I love all animals. Really, I do. But if I must pick a few... I like cats, dogs, and horses.

14. D.L. Yomegami

D.L. Yomegami Sanely Insane Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I like a lot of animals, really. From cats and dogs (there's no one breed I particularly favor; if they're friendly and eager for pets I'll like them), to birds (particularly ravens and birds of prey), fish (particularly catfish, sharks, rays, eels, and various deep-sea fish), snakes (pythons and vipers mostly), and cephalopods (particularly squid and nautiluses).

However, my favorite animals are moths. To be more specific, I'm fond of the big, fuzzy moths of the family Saturniidae. A lot of them are really pretty, and they're fun to hold if you can get them to sit still for that long. Of that group, I'm probably the most fond of the polyphemus moth (the species in my avatar), as they're native to my area and thus I get to see at least a couple each summer.

15. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ack, I can't pass by this thread anymore, but I can be here all day listing all the animals I like. Will try to shorten it.

- Dogs (all of them of course, but favourite breeds are Huskies, German Shepherds, Labradors, and I have to say Pomeranians because our dog is one)
    - Cats (all of them of course! I don't know their breeds too well, but really, they're all cute)
    - Crocs (I was always fascinated by them in childhood; they're both badass, scary, and fascinating; did you know they have the strongest bite in the whole of animal kingdom)
    - Spiders (yes I know, many people find them scary or disgusting, but they fascinate me as well, and most of them don't really want to attack us and simply mind their own business; they're also great predators to insect pests such as mosquitos and household bugs)
    - Snakes (again, I know they scare many people, but I find them fascinating and cute) :D
    - Owls (I really like birds of prey in general, but owls fascinate me the most because of how unusual their behaviour can be, and also, just look at those pretty eyes they have) :p
    - Large felines (I've always been fascinated by tigers, cheetahs, lions, leopards, etc)
    - Household rodents (like degus, gerbils, hamsters, chinchillas)
    - Oh and yeah, and definitely dinosaurs. :D Was totally obsessed with them in childhood. Favourite ones, hmm... I like all types of raptors, big predators, and also sauropods (long-neck dinos), oh and ankylosaurs are fascinating too.

vap0re0n and Ms Littlefish like this.
  16. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    • Many arthropods, such praying mantis and has anyone else realized how freaking cool ants and bees are?! There are some varieties of ants that march down the streets in massive droves and if you open your door and let them through, they'll pretty much pick all your trash up and take it. Bees communicate pretty much through dancing. Really. Frickin'. Cool.
    • Whales; blue whales and orcas are my favorites! They were my childhood obsession and I'm still rather fond I must say. I wrote my 5th-grade research paper about blue whales and was awarded the "amazing" prize of a Ruby Tuesday gift card, LOL. 5th-grade goals. Crushed.
    • Bears. You wouldn't want to pet a black bear but they sure can be cute with their droopy faces and brown snouts!
    • Like most people, I love cats and dogs. Golden Retrievers, Austrailian Shepards, and Samoyeds (pretty much fur factories) are some of my favorite dogs but I also adore Pit Bulls. They get such a bad rap but they can be such big, snuggly babies like any dog! Cats, I just love cats. I want to meet and befriend everyone's cat. Ragdolls and Russian Blues certainly are beautiful, but a good ol' calico or tabby Domestic Short Hair is just as beloved.
    • Otters. CUTE AND PRECIOUS.
    • Guinea pigs. Those squeaks are my total kryptonite.
    • Owls. They're fascinating birds. I like birds in general, but there is an added level of intrigue with owls. The eyes, the neck movements, the hoots. Nothing else like 'em.
    • Elephants. Again, just really frickin' cool.

samkfj, Sauteed_Onion and Matseb2611 like this.
  17. Lornsteyn

Lornsteyn Sleepy Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Of course Dogs,
    Beagle, Basset Hound and Golden Retriever.
    Probably more, Dogs are wonderful.^^

18. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ants and bees truly are amazing with their social-minded behaviours. I mean look at the kind of stuff ants can do when they work together:

And owls, yes, ever seen this video of a shape-shifting owl? It's quite hilarious. :D

19. BreadInc

BreadInc Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Crows! I have one tattooed on my arm. (Yes, very goth, I know.)

20. Isabella Ava

Isabella Ava Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]
    What better than a monkeyyy