OgreKiddo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mostly everything Squaresoft & Capcom touched. You know the ones (seeing what Capcom done to "Breath of Fire" with the "6th" entry almost broke my heart in two)

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Suikoden games. I've played them all, and back in the days, I'd buy them without any second thought.
I'm still hoping someone will continue it someday, but for now it's mostly up to us indie devs.

wonderjosh3000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Definitely Breath of Fire, for me. I've played them all except for the mobile one they did, and that would be a great IP to start up again properly.

More Chrono-esque games would be nice, too.

And ok, a new Super Mario RPG with Square-Enix at the helm. As fun as the Paper Marios are, they don't hold a candle to the majesty of SMRPGLOTSS (yeah I just turn the title into that, haha).

chobokid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For me its Breath of Fire, Shadow Hearts, and the Xenosaga games.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Philippine Ragnarok Online, Gunbound, Risk Your Life Online (RYL Online, dont know when or if its really discontinued but I simply stopped playing because they turned to subscription based accounts and sadly their subscription cards arent available in our country), Fly For Fun (FlyFF)

But definitely the one I missed the most is PRO, that game has so much memories for me.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Breath of Fire/Silent Hill/Suikoden are all good choices of series, but at least each individual game kind of had closure for its story I think is mine is the Legacy of Kain series. It never really had a resolution to the story. It just kind of ended.

Powerise

Fulltime Freelancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Monster rancher series and / or monster rancher online, I really love all series since childhood but the series stop updating.

Yougotsomechocolate

Random Chest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well there is 2 games for me, one is Monkey Quest (Made by Nickelodeon) And pirates online. I used to play those as a kid before they shut down.

Diarist

Small and bitter.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not sure if it counts but, my favourite MMO ever; Wildstar, got shut down in November this past year. Actually cried about it, I was very attached. I couldn't tell you a single thing about that game I didn't like. Even stuff like PVP which I normally hate, I found a lot of enjoyment in.

Someone mentioned Advance Wars here as well. Those games were fantastic.
Front Mission as well. I don't think there was ever another one after 5, and we didn't even get 5 here in the west.
Also Armored Core seems to have been completely abandoned as well. Chromehounds was fantastic at the time too.

At least we're getting MechWarrior 5 this year, so I can gt my giant robot fix somewhere.

Robin Hoot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Way too many to list but one I randomly remembered and wish there was a sequel was Eternal Darkness for Gamecube.

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@OmnislashXX , All the feels... I miss CoH/CoV/CoX so much.. I was in that game during Beta.. and stayed through up until the sudden shut down. I did "retire" and hang up my cape toward the end of its run. I had a huge farewell party in Pocket D where several players joined and several Devs came as well. Soon after my retirement, it was announced they were shutting down. I reactivated my account and ran as many TF's with my friends as I possibly could. :( Long live Victory Server!!

-MIA

Gradian

Paperbag Sloth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English-M'sian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Breath of fire (5th title not so much)
metal slug(loved the entire series, it's the only side scrolling shooter I actually enjoy)
golden sun(may or may not be discontinued idk but if i have to wait another 10+ years for the 4th and hopefully final game so be it, just give me that sweet release from those annoying cliff hangers and close the plot permanently already...)
And maybe something like the gaia trilogy series (terranigma, illusion of gaia, soul blazer)

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Zaj
Okay anothe stupid question from me. Why is when everyone's explaining the scripts in the scriptlets, it chnge into green. how do i know when do i code without knowing whether its turning green or not
So I realized that I really just don't have enough time to make videos. However I don't mind clicking stream and just letting people watch me work on my game. I don't really have a good microphone... okay it's a $20 headset so it's terrible, and I have no web cam. So the stream would largely be royalty free music and me working, with minor interaction. I guess the question is, would that actually interest anybody?
Child base test two, flappin' their arms like it's VX Ace.
ChildTest-02.gif
Zaj
Hi quick question. Is it possible for me to make a custom VXAce script without learning some bulkiness of Ruby?
Never Forget you've Got a friend, Even you feel your alone, Jesus Christ is there to Love and Be with you when your alone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rauro