Your favorite RPG class?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Yougotsomechocolate, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Yougotsomechocolate

Yougotsomechocolate Random Chest Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm not exactly sure about mine at the moment, but wondering what kinds you like.

2. Grunwave

Grunwave Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I shield-warrior who can guard their allies.

Nuker with buffs.

Any pet class.

3. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I tend to really like AoE damage classes like mages/elementalists.

The best ones are the ones with creative and easy-to-use mechanics for dealing that damage, though.

4. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I tend to like agile type classes, that include scout, assassin, thief, a combination of finesse and magic, and probably archer, etc.

When the game mechanic is right, doing an evasive maneuver, hit and run, or fooling the enemy is satisfying.

atoms and dreamfall887 like this.
  5. Icelord888

Icelord888 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Romanian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Anything with a lot of survivability, I hate being taken out in a few hits, I want to see how the battle unfolds from start to finish.

6. Astfgl66

Astfgl66 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I usually gravitate towards mage classes.
    Usually focusing on the control and dps part, but I really like the mage knight archetype too and that's what I end up trying first when it's available.

Then rogue/archer classes.

dreamfall887 likes this.
  7. Redeye

Redeye Chronicles Creator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Illusion-themed classes tend to be my favorite. They usually involve light/heavy crowd control or completely bamboozle enemy AI if programmed well.

8. Gallia

Gallia Global Support Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm stuck usually as a healer / support class in most multiplayer games, i'm used to them, and i'm just bad as a rogue for example.
    And also because there are not a whole lot of players that pick the support /healer role because everyone cares about dps XD.

9. FluffexStudios

FluffexStudios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I would say the tank as they mainly soak damages.

10. CaRa_CrAzY

CaRa_CrAzY Undefined Custom Title Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I tend to like those classes which mix melee combat and magic, like mystic knights, elemental blades and bards.

Also, this topic is quite interesting. It's fun to see everyone tend to have very diversifying tastes about classes :stickytongue:

11. gstv87

gstv87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Dwarven Warsmith.

quickly and haphazardly put together a fighting golem out of spare parts and duct tape, and start smashing people left and right.
    *whack!* ".....Eighteen!"
    *whack!* ".....Nineteen!"
    *whack!* "....Twenty!"
    *whack!* "....Twenty onnnnnne!"

half the size.
    twice the guts.

12. HexMozart88

HexMozart88 The Master of Random Garbage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I like range and magic, usually. In DnD, I usually end up as a Druid or an archer. I don't tend to like glass cannons.

13. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Mage. I'll hang in the back and Fireball enemies from a distance.

14. rue669

rue669 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I always pick the mage class.

Black mage is my main on ff14!!

15. Tai_MT

Tai_MT Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I tend to play a variety of "support" classes. Though, my DPS and Tanks usually let me down, which means I don't tend to play a lot of MMOs.

If given the choice, I'll play Rangers, Thief/Rogue, Utility Mages, Healers, Debuffers, and Buffers.

For me, "dealing damage" is sort of boring. It's too easy to maximize output of damage and large numbers, so I get bored of it. Plus, at a certain point, a few hundred extra damage is really pointless as it doesn't change the amount of hits required to kill an enemy.

I also just don't really like playing "Tank" type characters that rely very heavily on essentially doing very little except being hit a whole bunch and saving idiots who decide to draw too much aggro.

But, I like preventing escapes, I like stealing things... I like making strategic kills on enemies pinning my allies down... I like keeping allies alive... I like making my allies do more damage or heal more... I like sniping enemies that think they're "in the back row for safety". I like using pets and turrets. I like using barricades and explosives. I like being the one who is capturing the objective while everyone else is spending time killing everyone. I like setting traps.

Recently, I got into playing FF14 and picked up a "Healer" as my first class ever in an MMO. Usually I play a "light healer" like a Paladin (someone who is meant to tank/dps/support, but heals a little bit every so often) or a rogue of some kind, but I picked up "Conjurer" this time out and turned into a White Mage.

I have to say, after the dungeons get rolling, it's very fun playing as a Healer. It's probably the most fun I've had in a while. I get into queues very quickly. I keep everyone alive quite well (unless they're being incredibly stupid, or someone doesn't tell me the mechanics I need to be avoiding) and get to focus on dodging and finding room to heal up the party. A good fight when I play a Healer is basically where I'm dancing across the battlefield and using my heals only when I get a free moment. The more I'm required to move around to get a cast in, the more fun it is.

I may play "Healer" in more MMO's in the future. At least... if the MMO is designed well for Healer Play.

CaRa_CrAzY likes this.
  16. Seacliff

Seacliff RPG Maker Mastermind Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Red Mages

They are almost always below-average in the games they are in. But I like the clothes they wear.

CaRa_CrAzY likes this.
  17. Milennin

Milennin "With a bang and a boom!" Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There's a few. Mostly going over classes I prefer in MMO's, because I don't have strong preferences in party-based single-player RPG's.

For classes, I love Spellblade. Anything with a melee weapon that is imbued with magic properties. In action combat, they tend to excel in close- to mid-range combat. Their gear being a mix of both heavy and light armour.
    The Guild Wars 2 dual-dagger Elementalist would be my favourite example of a Spellblade that's very fun to play as, and looks super cool too as you switch between all four elements throughout a battle.

For playstyle, I like classes with good mobility options, such as having teleports, dashes and leaps. Anything that roots me in place gets on my nerves and is a major turn-off. I want to be able to move around the field and do it quickly.
    I like playing classes that do offer both offence and support options (70/30 ratio is just right). Playing pure offensive or pure support/heal isn't that interesting to me, so being able to do both works best for me. I refuse to play tank.

For aesthetics, I always loved the ones associated with the light, like Paladin or Cleric. I like the white, gold and blue colour schemes that are mostly found on the gear for these classes. The typical Paladin with silver plate armour, golden wings and a huge sword and shield. Or the Cleric, wearing a hooded cloak and a staff with a shining star on top of it. Those appeal to me.

18. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I really, really like any sort of crowd control. I enjoy sorta being “an agent of chaos” so anything dealing with stuns, freezes, traps, heavy engages, etc. These tend to be more support type roles. I also gravitate toward mages for more damage oriented builds/characters.

19. Lonewulf123

Lonewulf123 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Enlish
    I like fighter classes and glass canon classes.

However, I’ll play anything that looks cool and plays interesting.

20. Melgdal

Melgdal Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It always been paladin
    From D2 until today - currently I play with Templar (something like Paladin) in PoE because this game is so much better than diablo 3 - and poe has much better trading, build and currency system

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019