FirestormNeos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dark Magic users. Warlocks, Death Knights, Shadowpriests and Demon Hunters in World of Warcraft. The Sith Warrior and Inquisitor in SWTOR. Several of my secondaries in Super Smash Bros (Ganondorf in Melee/Brawl/4, Mewtwo, Bayonetta), Nightmare in Soulcalibur V, Unknown in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

In D&D, I've always wanted to run a Sorceress character, but never had it in me to make one because I was afraid she'd die horribly or something.

Last edited:

JFB1222

Wind Runner
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ninja / Thief / Rogue type of class.

Nivlacart

Glue my hand to the tablet pen.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'M INDECISIVE! I want to do everything!
I like Sword-and-Shields, but I want to DPS with it, not a tank.
But I also want to heal my party members out of a pinch.

I usually just pick any class that has a sword and shield though XDD

(imagine my glee in Monster Hunter though)

RetailDrone7576

Reillo9
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tend to always go with the warrior or fighter type classes, they can usually function as both tanks and DPS roles which is great for survivability in solo play, thieves and mages are good too but they're too squishy when things go south such as getting spotted by enemies or running out of MP

Martine1979

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Rogue, Assassin or Ranger(Hunter) is my favorite classes. I play those in most games i play.

AssumedPseudonym

Lawful Neutral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 In D&D or Pathfinder, monk. …To the point that three DMs have banned me from playing them. (I didn’t know it was possible to accidentally min/max Acrobatics, let alone enough to cause a preemptive retcon of twenty pages of plot. x.@; )

In video games, I lean toward DEX-build melee classes.

AphoticAmaranth

An Ordinary Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tend to like classes that focus on magic like mages, healers, and summoners. Magic is everything.

(I didn’t know it was possible to accidentally min/max Acrobatics, let alone enough to cause a preemptive retcon of twenty pages of plot. x.@; )
How...?

AssumedPseudonym

Lawful Neutral
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 Apparently a 50 ft. wide bottomless chasm is not enough to dissuade someone who can jump that far without needing to touch a d20. The squishy wizard taunting us from the other side (who was supposed to be a recurring villain) kinda… stopped being recurrable.

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 Apparently a 50 ft. wide bottomless chasm is not enough to dissuade someone who can jump that far without needing to touch a d20. The squishy wizard taunting us from the other side (who was supposed to be a recurring villain) kinda… stopped being recurrable.

And thus your DM hopefully learned a valuable lesson about creating recurring villains. Namely: DON'T. Villains are recurring only because the players can't get to them, the players don't know who they are, or the players simply didn't stop them. They aren't recurring because you think you need one.

Your players will make a villain recurring all on their own.

You want a recurring villain? Write a book. Don't play D&D.

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tend to go the Warrior to Paladin route, as I like a little magic but favor physical attacks.

Martine1979

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tend to go the Warrior to Paladin route, as I like a little magic but favor physical attacks.
You are like my brother then. He likes to play Warrior / Paladin classes.
And I steal stuff as a Thief. We have lot of funny RP together and RL plays too. We dressed up often when we were younger. ^_^

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You mentioning playing with your brother just brought back some great memories growing up with my cousin. We were always making up costumes and building forts. :)

DrWho42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
investigator-class

ericv00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
 In D&D or Pathfinder, monk. …To the point that three DMs have banned me from playing them. (I didn’t know it was possible to accidentally min/max Acrobatics, let alone enough to cause a preemptive retcon of twenty pages of plot. x.@; )

In video games, I lean toward DEX-build melee classes.
Monk is great! I once trivialized the boss that the DM created with the intent of wiping us and ending the campaign. Turns out, you shouldn't make a boss that takes fall damage climb out of a deep pit when there is a character that can practically cross a dungeon in one move and shift enemies at a near 100% success rate. The look on his face was priceless.

KenKrath

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Summoner!

So much could be done with this class. It could even be incorporated into a story. Consequentially FFX is not how I would use this class though.

Arctica

The Arbiter of Time
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Anything that deals with magic, healing in particular.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Honestly, I really do happen to like Summoners. I don't see very many Summoners anymore, though.

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly, I really do happen to like Summoners. I don't see very many Summoners anymore, though.

You should play the game "Summoner"... Or Final Fantasy XIV. :D

AlwaysPrinceLeo

Jack of All of Nothing
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm definitely a Paladin-type character.

I enjoy the sword & shield combo, I really like casting spells (I'm usually playing as a healer cause I can't trust anyone else being one :kaosigh:), and I love using Light-elemental magic and abilities.

Basically, I'm Flynn Scifo from Tales of Vesperia :kaojoy:

mosoku

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I like mages the most. They're powerful with a nice variety of attacks and effects.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"Yeah. It's been a rough road lately. But that's the thing about the Rangers. It doesn't matter how hard it gets, or how many of them fall. They never stop fighting. The Rangers NEVER stop fighting".

Angela Deth, you are a hero of mine. Sorry for my first run of Wasteland 3.
We must press on. For all those we couldn't save. For all those we might yet save.
FirestormNeos wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
asking this here instead of the thread in question to avoid derailing it, but I'm curious; is there a particular reason you'd include a "Terms of Use" for an RPG Maker game? Like, are there multiplayer features for the game you're working on?
The holidays are upon us! Everyone search for safety from the grocery store music!
I don't understand people sometime. Walking to work today came across someone walking the opposite way in a nice suit, I politely move to the side into the shrubbery so he doesn't have to get his suit dirty and say "good morning" as he passes me, he turns around glaring daggers and asks "why are you talking to me?" like he's bloody offended by me wishing him a good morning or something. Just, why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OpalWysty