EmmaB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When playing games, what activity in the game do you especially like to do?
(Just to name a "few" options :p)
Battles
Trading
Crafting
Cooking
Quests - Following a storyline or completing small side quests.
Mining
Searching for treasure - Digging for it or salvaging from something.
Farming
Achievements
Exploring - In houses, mines, towns or countries.
Having a family
Building - Ships, houses, villages or kingdoms
Customizing - Character appearance, weapon stats or furniture in a house
Mini games
Fishing
Puzzles
Personally, my favorite three are probably searching for treasure, customizing my character and completing achievements.

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Achievements <3
Character customizing - okay, more like weapon customizing. Give me that Deadly Death Sword of Doom!
Battles...kind of. I like a challenge, so I usually charge headfirst into boss battles, underlevelled, under-equipped, and with only 2 potions
I enjoy a solid storyline as well, especially if the characters are well-written

KakonComp

Lucid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ostinato
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
- Create a character, trying to make the best dude or dudette I can. Bonus points for character creators where most choices are just plain ugly; I like a challenge.
- Read lots of dialogue, cuz I'm weird.
- Look over all the options I have in front of me to break the battle system as much as possible.
- Talk to everything that moves, and try to converse with stuff that doesn't.
- Wander around in areas I shouldn't be.

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Exploring. Being Metroidvania my best genre of games, unlocking new areas is rewarding for me.

I can sound silly, but just "move" is a thing for me. If a character move fluid, the scrolling is good, if I can do some tricky jump and things alike. I can simply roam around for hours.

Custom set-up, I mean a meaningfull equip engine. I really enjoy the equipment phase in any game, I dunno why. Micromanagement delight, I suppose.

Flirt -that's come from dating sims.

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
- Exploring! I like combing maps for items and secrets.

- Quests! I like the feeling of accomplishment when they are completed.

- Puzzles! I like solving mysteries.

More than anything though, I like immersing myself in compelling, emotionally impacting storylines and characters.

FirestormNeos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
  • Putting a lot of thought into a plan/strategy/combo, then executing that plan/strategy/combo effortlessly and flawlessly. Not just for battles, but also for efficiently navigating a level or area.
    • Mindlessly ROFLstomping things is sometimes fun, too.
  • Making the character I'm playing as lookbad***/gorgeous/adorable/silly/combination of the above.
    • Bonus points if the customization doesn't affect a character's stats or abilities.
  • Listening to a game's soundtrack.
  • Not having to worry about chores, quotas, grinding, crafting, etc.
EDIT: Upon reading a reply that was posted after this "further introspection," I have come to the conclusion that I forgot one:

Last edited:

rekkatsu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Leveling up dan looting. I love collecting gold. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
some Quest too, I hope there are nice event and moments :kaoslp:
Talking with people on village/city too

Quill-Hawthorne

(the one and only)
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I love exploring the environment and seeing the character's interactions with everything. It's a great way to passively show character personalities and see how they view the world around themselves.

Another thing is the NPCs. If they're well-written (or, at the very least, have interesting responses), my general enjoyment of the game goes up a level. I don't need them to have all have a full backstory and personalities, but NPCs that 'feel' empty turn me off.

Last edited:

Trust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In my case, is to see what make any game unique, whether it's one of the options above, or something else entirely; from story, customizing, or gameplay, in the end each game even if it's similar to another, it always offer something new to experience. :)

Black Pagan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like trying to play the game in different ways and do things that are not intended. I like Games which let me play them the way I want. Other than this, I guess i like Customization in games.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Talking with people
Building stuff
Collectables

EmmaB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also like games that allow the player to create their own stories inside the game. Little things like being able to use emotes, lie down in a bed, sit at the table, eat food (with a visual animation), patting animals etc. can really make games more enjoyable if you're making your own stories.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, playing the damn game :)

I could name things I don't like to do in games rather than what I like because that pretty much depends on what kind of game and I don't always play RPG.

But the general thing is I like to progress. I.e, grinding, getting stronger, and feel awesome. To any kind of games.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/ Forum Reactor‍/ Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Searching for treasure - Digging for it or salvaging from something.
Exploring - In houses, mines, towns or countries. Walk into people's houses uninvited and go to the people's properties disregarded to their privacy lol. RPG game, right?
Battles
Achievements if you can implement the system. I am kidding there is a plugin.
Tutorials that is slowly teaching you to your world operates.
One thing that I do not on the list: the pet system. We are really like a companion of animals.
Quests - Following a storyline or completing small side quests.

Last edited:

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Storyline, crafting, collecting resources in general. I like the sense of progression without pressure. I also like Combo Mechanics, so I reveled in Baten Kaitos' gameplay, which is just High Speed High Tension Combos: The Comboing. (It may in fact have been Baten Kaitos that trained me to like combo management to begin with.)

I also like exploration in the sense of environmental storytelling; wandering around an environment and seeing how different parts of the world interact with each other, and seeing different time periods peeking out in its design. BOTW is king of this; I know they just made up a bunch of Ancient Civilization Motifs and then threw them around to be mysterious, but it gives the game a coherency that makes it feel great to navigate.

This is why I only want to play Minecraft if the ancient ruin mod is installed lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some game development followed by the return of the Interactive Text Adventure after a short hiatus! Feel free to drop by!
Lately, I've taken to smashing random nouns/verbs together as insults. It's sort of amusing how many people don't really know how to respond to that. You bottle shaker!
Would be nice to pick color code that is not exclusively for message event
The Ace attorney series are so great games... But at the same time such a travesty.
Made a video showcasing a plugin (by Lanza) that adds 5 more weather effects to our MV games. :LZYsmile: Namely:
Ash-dust,
bloodrain,
Cherry Blossom Petals,
Hail,
and bubbles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shadowgrahp