Your favourite music.

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by robhr, Jun 24, 2017.

1. kalilachan

kalilachan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English (UK)
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm bit of an old School, I dont really like today's music much.. Apart from anime music, music from games I love etc. I'm more in to the music I grew up with. They mostly were

• Queen
    • Meat Loaf
    • Bon Jovi
    • Phil Collins
    • Bryan Adams

2. Karlski

Karlski Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Still ridin' that 3rd wave!

LaFlibuste likes this.
  3. Stanley

Stanley Nobody, Joystrike Scientist Veteran

First Language:
    Malay, Lotudian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For the life of me, can't recall any...I think I should play some of My Chemical Romance songs...but there's an urge in me atm to listen to Ai Otsuka's Pretty Voice:kaoluv:

4. walkinthru

walkinthru Final Boss? Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Uverworld for me. Was a gateway into J-Rock and Rock in general.

5. jerseyware

jerseyware Narrative over all. Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    ctrl+f "Fair to Midland" 0 results

Lemme share one of my favorite bands. High energy prog rock/metal from Texas.

Fair to Midland - Short-Haired Tornado:

Hope you enjoy! :)

6. taistelusopuli

taistelusopuli Your Friendly Neighborhood Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    These are always tough for me. I listen to A LOT of different music. Recently a good deal of jazz, mostly contemporary vocal jazz with piano trios or big bands. Seth Macfarlane is a great example of what I'm talking about. Also more classical pop like Andrea Boccelli. I really love his Christmas album and Cinema (really worth checking it out!). Also I really discovered Jóhann Jóhansson's original music (not the film scores). So far my favorite is Orpheé. Absolutely wonderful! A friend also suggested this Swedish group. They make something that falls into a blend of traditional folk and ambient, Forndom. Their newest EP, Flykt, is the one to listen to.

robhr likes this.
  7. robhr

robhr come on die young Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Jóhann Jóhansson, good call. I may have to check out this Forndom, I thought I knew all the Scandinavian art house music.

8. Skunk

Skunk Melody Master Veteran

First Language:
    English/Slavic
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh wow, there's some great tastes in music in here!

Im old school as all hell, I like bands from the older generations.

The doors, The Guess Who, The Tragically Hip, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Yes, Jonas Hellborge Trio, Art Metal, Buckethead

But I also love house music like Basement Jaxx, Daft Punk, Trampboat and more

9. Tai_MT

Tai_MT Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have eclectic taste in music. I like most any genre (save Heavy Metal and all 900 of its variants and screamo). Some genres I like better than others. However, as a general rule, I prefer music that reminds me of my life, my opinions, or gets me pumped up and excited.

If I tried to list everything I loved, I'd be here all day long and you'd never see an end to it. I'm not even kidding. I relate to the world through music and generally know far too much about it.

But, I do have a 350+ song playlist on YouTube of my "favorite music" which is ever growing (and sometimes shrinking as YouTube deletes videos for copyright... which wouldn't happen if bands would all have official VEVO pages so I could listen to their music.... gweh).

If you're looking for my favorite band... Barenaked Ladies. Only "down to earth" band I know with a similar sense of humor as me... and not a bad song they've made in their first like... 7 albums? Funny part about it is? It's not even their BEST music that got all the airplay. Okay, "Testing 1,2,3" was some of their best music and it got a little bit of airplay, but the vast majority of their much better music has never seen airplay. It's sad.

Most of what I listen to is old rock from the 70s to 90s. I also listen to a lot of 90s punk and alternative. Blink 182, Everclear, Matchbox 20, Goo Goo Dolls, Train, and about a hundred others.

I also listen to a little bit of country (the new stuff sucks, the old stuff is much better). Bit of Alan Jackson, Joe Diffie, Garth Brooks, and a few other songs.

I listen to Nancy Sinatra (and Frank Sinatra too, when the mood strikes me). I can't turn down "These Boots", "Summer Wine", or "Bang, Bang".

I love The Rolling Stones (and their image of The Devil in "Sympathy For The Devil"). I also love joke bands like Weird Al Yankovic and Bloodhound Gang. Throw in some Flight of the Conchords in there too. Maybe some Tenacious D as well, depending on the song and its wider exposure to the world (I generally hated the entire album for Pick of Destiny).

If we're talking about rap, there's only the one artist I like. Okay, maybe two artists. Eminem (before he got all sober and turned into the same kind of rapper everyone else is, with no originality or interesting rhymes) and Will Smith. Yes, I like Will Smith. Live with it.

Like me some "one hit wonders" as well like Third Eye Blind, Vertical Horizon, Eiffel 65, and Alien Ant Farm.

I love The Killers and Weezer (at least, most of their songs that didn't go mainstream... mainstream Weezer is pretty terrible. I hate Island In The Sun with the fiery passion of 50,000 George Forman Grills on the surface of 8 million suns going supernova).

I like anime music (some of it, anyway, most is not good) and video game music (same issue as anime music).

I love too much music. But, this new stuff on the radio? The new mainstream stuff? It is freakin' awful. I dunno how you kids stand it.

Want me to like your music? Make sure it's got a story or a message that isn't about "gettin' some" or "being famous". I miss music with stories and messages. I miss the days when people made music because THEY HAD SOMETHING TO SAY. Today? People make music to be famous or rich. Meh.

Oh, if you need some good music, Prozzak is good. Mother Mother (I think their best song is "The Stand") is good. Cake is fantastic. So is Frou Frou ("Must Be Dreaming" or you could try "The Dumbing Down Of Love"). Or, finally... the band Say Anything (go look up "Alive With The Glory Of Love", though they have other better music that is less appropriate).

I should mention that I also love obscure music.

10. Johnny_Retro

Johnny_Retro Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Stuff like Dr.Peacock, Pappenheimer, Pet Duo, Charlotte de Witte, Klaudia Gawlas etc.

11. Frogboy

Frogboy I'm not weak to fire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My newest favorite genre I've come across is Electroswing.

12. Zeldaniac

Zeldaniac Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm a metalhead. My favorite subgenres are Symphonic, Folk, melodic death, and power metal. You can find me listening to Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom, Nightwish, Blind Guardian, Sonata Arctica, Eluvietie, and Korpiklaani, just to name a few. Favorite VGM composers include Nobuo Uematsu, Yoko Shimomura, Hiroki Kikuta, Yasunori Mitsuda, and ACE (the guys behind Xenoblade music).
    Also any youtuber that makes metal covers of game music such as FamilyJules and Daniel Tidwell. \m/

13. robhr

robhr come on die young Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Folk Metal is pretty cool. You listen to Agalloch?

14. EpicFILE

EpicFILE Epic Member Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Generally, I love fusion jazz music. :D
    But I also have some favorite composers and musicians.

My favorite video game composers:
    Nobuo Uematsu, Masashi Hamauzu, and Yoshinori Mitsuda

Favorite musicians/band:
    Chrisye, Tohpati, Dewa Budjana, Indro Hardjodikoro
    Shiina Ringo, Tokyo Jihen, Monkey Majik, Greg Howe, T Square, Casiopea