Your Favourite Video Game Villain~

CodenameD

Creative Crafter
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It has to be a tie between Sephiroth from FF7 and Ganondorf from most Zelda games. While Sephiroth was a pretty cool and insane at the same time (and practically proved his point killing Aerith), Ganondorf is the badass super bad guy ever! His motives are simple yet cunning sometimes and his boss fight are epic.

Amongst other bad guys I have to mention Shodan from System Shock, Master Hand from Super Smash Bros and the super koopa Bowser!

Samven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not really sure how killing Aeris proved any particular point. I think that was just a pragmatic elimination of an enemy.

Anywhose, my favourite villain is a man who needs no introduction (spoilers for Tales of the Abyss follow):

Van. Freaking. Grants. This man had it all. He had a grand plan that actually made sense and benefitted the world in a very twisted, specific way and wasn't just out to kill stuff to be giant douchebag. He had moral restraints and standards, preventing him from becoming another kill-crazy maniac. He had a tragic backstory but it was never so much that you could DILPify him; and the game really went out of their way to characterise him as a human being rather than the embodiment of all that's wrong with the world. Plus, his design was just plain... badass. Also? He's voiced by MICHAEL MCCONNOHIE. Sorry, Japanopurists, but nothing compares to the great Mike.
art-008.jpg

Van Grants. Making villainy classy and manly since 2005.

CodenameD

Creative Crafter
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not really sure how killing Aeris proved any particular point. I think that was just a pragmatic elimination of an enemy.
Well, when I played it for the first time it came out, seeing a beloved party member getting perma-death was an emotional blow at that time (I was like, 10 or 11). I remember trying to reload to an earlier save game only to find out that there was no alternate paths to save her.

Samven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, when I played it for the first time it came out, seeing a beloved party member getting perma-death was an emotional blow at that time (I was like, 10 or 11). I remember trying to reload to an earlier save game only to find out that there was no alternate paths to save her.
Fair enough. I was confused as to what you meant by your word choice.

RyanA

Happy Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This guy.

Arthas is da bomb diggity. :3

Last edited by a moderator:

Samven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a runner-up. Breath of Fire II's Barubary. Sure, he was simplistic and didn't have much reason to be a baddie beyond the fact that he was just following the orders of the local Satan equivalent but he was the first villain I saw who had a real personality, an amount of honour that I really did not expect from a demon, an epic battle and theme tunes as well as some really cool lines. He's a bit lame by my current standards but you never really forget your first favourite childhood baddie.

Also, his design was just badass. : 3

WizzyT

Slayer of Fades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Sephiroth or Kefka

Levi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RDR: Edgar Ross

punram

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
N/A
RDR: Edgar Ross
Good choice! I think Ross was a great villain too.

I personally think Saren from Mass Effect was a great villain. There's probably others but he's the only one I can come up with at the moment.

Demiurge

404: Title not found
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
N/A
Another great villain was the one from GTA: San Andreas. I'll put a spoiler for those who haven't finished the game yet.

This badass mo-fo.

20080301070834!BigSmoke-Artwork.jpg
By the last stretch of the game, I wanted to kill this douchebag so much. Once I did.... well, you could hear me a mile away. :D

Peltron

Orange Ventius Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It would have to be between Ganon and Bowser. Why? Because they have been at their evil for a really, really long time. For FF games, the villain changes, so its not as cool. Though Kefka would definitely be on my "favorite villain" list for sure. I have two different ideas of villains, so this is a bit hard to answer. xD

TheBrogrammer

Arving Startist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Favorite villain? You can't have just one! This topic should have been called "favorite villains!"

I like Bowser, Ganon, Kefka, Fawful, and Sho Minamimoto from The World Ends With You.

Hybrida

I LOVE YOU TOO
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
Dr. Robotnic (IQ 300), and Wesker (pure bad ass).

Mainly Wesker.

Samven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been playing through The Last Story and one of the many antagonists, Zangurak, I feel deserves a bit of a mention. I really like where they're going with his character... He's only appeared in two scenes so far, yet he's managed to establish himself as an effective threat as well as an honourable and respectable baddie whose plight is sympathetic but is never presented as an excuse his actions.

Demiurge

404: Title not found
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
N/A
Have you guys ever played Ski Free? It's an old PC game (floppy disk old) where you ski down a hill evading trees, logs and such.

Well, those who have played it will remember the Yeti. There is no escape from the Yeti. If it sees you, it WILL find you. It WILL hunt you down. It WILL tear you to pieces.

Screenshot

SkiFree4.jpg
EDIT: 69th post. teehee XD

zacheatscrackers

Machinehead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Either Kefka (FF6, though everyone knows that) or Azel/Devil Hand (from God Hand).

Kefka's just wacko as all hell, and Azel is just plain awesome in every way.

Zasian

Advanced N00B
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For me personally, Kefka Palazoo. I really don't need to explain why, anyone who has played FF6 will know why. The only FF villain to actually become a god, not get stopped halfway. He ruled the world for a long time. And he's a clown xD. Also Uchiha Madara and Father, the villains from Naruto and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood take the cake as anime villains.

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Sephiroth is my favorite RPG villian. Arthas/Illidian/Kerrigan are also great villians for the MOBA genre. I never played Portal or Portal 2, because I hate those types of games, but I plan on playing it due to how hilarious GlaDos is from videos I've seen.

zacheatscrackers

Machinehead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Glados is completely worth playing both Portals for. I've disregarded both games based off their core aspects and just paid attenton to Glados in general.

Though, both games are fun gameplay-wise even if you aren't a puzzle game fan, imo. 2's co-op is awesome too.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 26th September 2021

Well... it's been a while since I was last here :kaoswt: I don't want to say I'm officially 'back' yet, but I've recently started working with RM again, so I might become active here again :kaohi:
Mmmm I love Coca Cola candy! :kaoluv:
aaaand my power is out. I sometimes think that I'm cursed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmar