Your Favourite Video Game Villain~

WiWoWard

Professional Nap Taker
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
The other guy in the pokemon series.

I mostly remember the one from Silver, because it was my first Pokémon game.

He also had my name, because the game was actually from my brother.

So I had to be the bad guy :(

Good old memories.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
Would that dam laughing dog in Duck Hunt count as a bad guy? I just want to shoot him every single time!

It would have to come down to Ganon vs Bowser? Who would win that one?

..then again TouchFuzzy might be the best villain ever ..haha jk

Last edited by a moderator:

demmozero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Vampire mgs2-4 The guy just had an aura of coolness around him and yet as cool as he was I still despised him for his misdeeds which is rare.

Laharl thats right I said it.

Belial from wild arms 4 mostly because I never saw that coming and it all unfolded so well that I was actually excited and afraid to fight her lol

General Raam he was the only thing I liked about gears of war 1

That opera singing piece of S**T from conkers bad fur day it really was a turd for those who never played the game

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm going to go with <none>. One of my favorite video game series ever is Xenosaga. The titles for the three episodes they made (out of a planned seven) are taken from Nietzsche's works (The Will to Power, Beyond Good and Evil, and Thus Spake Zarathustra).

After all the struggles and fights and things you overcome in the end, you find out there are no villians. or good guys for that matter. Just Actors playing out their parts on the stage of the Universe (parts they've played many times before, but I don't want to spoil the story if you haven't played it).

NO!

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
Cymraeg
Primarily Uses
Any villian who is a man that looks like a woman, or a man who seems to care way too much about his hair, etc, etc. I immediately hate. I do get the whole self-obsession with villians and all, but seriously? Kuja from FFIX, Seymour from FFX, to name two. Maybe it would be fair enough if they were gay, but do gay people really need to go out of their way to "look the part"? I also don't have any problems with men who want to be women, or vice versa.

The only thing that irritates me is how much they care about their looks. If they didn't spend so much time trying to "look good", then nine out of ten of them would most likely succeed in taking over the world or whatever it is they set out to accomplish.

My favourite villains are Ganondorf from the Zelda series, and Nemesis from Resident Evil. I would be repeating other people's posts here by giving my reasons of Ganon being a favourite villain.

But Nemesis... Christ, he was relentless. Smashing through walls and windows at the most unexpected moments, chasing you around narrow hallways and putting you at constant risk of getting yourself cornered, the whole "spike through the face" thing he does... Not to mention the fact that HE JUST WOULD NOT DIE! I found him to be the most terrifying villain in any game I have played, and that is why he is my favourite. There's no in-depth backstory or reason for him being there. He was just a weapon produced by Umbrella to take out any S.T.A.R.S members. But he was effective in the way of him being some Hulk of a monster who doesn't leave you alone throughout the entirety of the game.

Who hasn't played Resident Evil 3 and panicked when confronted by Nemesis? I bet I'm not the only one who's panicked and tried hiding in some room, only to have him enter and leave you with no way of escaping.

EDIT: I would like to include my disappointment in the Resident Evil films. Their adaption of Nemesis was some whimp in a rubber costume, and doesn't do the original character any justice whatsoever. I mean, he gets beaten in hand to hand combat with Milla Jovovitch or whatever her name is. How lame is that?

karacho

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Liquid Snake, just because how Cam Clarke does his voice

Revolver Ocelot for reasons i will not spoil and only discuss with people that played through the whole Metal Gear saga

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Any villian who is a man that looks like a woman, or a man who seems to care way too much about his hair, etc, etc. I immediately hate.
Oh you must love Flea from Chrono Trigger.

I may have posted in this thread before, if so - oh well, my answer changes on any given day anyway. I love the way they handled it in VtM:Bloodlines. You get to choose at the end who the "villian" is (other than the Sabbat, who are portrayed as mindless idiots).

Yeah, Kefka - one of the only villians to 'win' the game. Also for his laugh.

Xenosaga is another good game in the 'muddy' villian category. Guys who act as villians in the beginning are allies later on, and vice versa. And in the end, you find out that maybe there are no villians, only players. The second game in the series is aptly named "Beyond Good and Evil" - a Nietzsche reference.

If you've played the games, though it isn't really explained in the game's dialog or cutscenes (there were more titles supposed to be made) - Wilhelm, the hand behind pretty much everything, is actually the protector of the 'lower realm' - ie: the universe where everyone lives. That's why he warps everyone to safety after they completely reject him and his path: he hasn't lost the job of protecting what's there.

Castern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Darth Malak from KoToR. That scene on the Leviathan has to be one of the best in video gaming. ever.

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Darth Malak from KoToR. That scene on the Leviathan has to be one of the best in video gaming. ever.
True, but if I'm looking at the KotOR games, I've got to go with Kreia.

How insidious is that - she's in your party for like 90% of the game before she shows her true colors at the end.

Of course, if you played dark side, you might not consider her so much a 'villian' at all.

Atticus Harper

~ α Ŧгαƍίlє Hєαгt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
★☆★
Primarily Uses
The brat who took on the persona of Tomator in Lost Vikings 2 had me fooled till the end. I really enjoyed this. It was unexpected, but once you know it’s so obvious looking back. Really well done for a funny themed game like this.

A villain I came to love throughout the game, was Millenia in Grandia 2. I just loved her personality and even though she was the personification of evil, she accomplished to overcome this. By the time the main villain was introduced she was more of a friend than a foe. I enjoyed her for making this journey from one side of the spectrum to the next with a lot of wit and synicism.

Well, maybe to round it out with a more serious villain, who fascinated me quite a bit was Jon Irenicus of BG2: Shadows of Amn. He was just evil, yet well fleshed out to make the player see why he was the way he was. Not that is justified anything he did, it just explained it well.

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Sephiroth, Kefka and Handsome Jack.

Handsome Jack has this little problem where some Vault Hunters manage to survive. He tells you about that and then goes to monologue about unrelated stuff like his Pony. Not to mention he arranges situations to get you killed while his own New-U stations keeps respawning your character, profiting him.

Braindead

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
-Bowser from super mario series. I mean seriously a giant fireshooting turtle with a spiked shell? how cool is that? :D

-Dark Lich from Secret of Mana for SNES. Hell he made me rage alot haha.

GameBoyLovve

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have to mention the game 999. An amazing visual novel/puzzle game. MAJOR spoilers ahead if you want to play this amazing game DO NOT READ ON. But I will say my fav. villian is in this game

Ace from 999 def. was a scary good villian for me. I'm gonna have to say he kidnapped many children just so he can see people's emotions due to not being able to see them because of his condition that is too big for me to remember. Even though you can argue that June was Zero and Santa did help her they are the bad guys....they are victims from what he did. He watched June BURN to death and enjoyed it with Santa helplessly watching his sister die. Also he had no problems killing his 3 co-workers. One he made explode just to see if them having a bomb in their bodies was true. Made another one explode because he mistook him for someone else he was trying to kill and one he AXED do death in fear of having his secret exposed and at the end he still had no problem with the thought killing Lotus or the others just to get away. A very sick and twisted man who did his best to put on a good leader face that tricked me till the end.To me that skies major points in the villian category

Travatar

Summoned by candle, by book, and by bell.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think the Reapers from Mass Effect were interesting. Their motive

to preserve organic life in the galaxy by exterminating it at its technological apex
is actually rather reasonable. They're not wrong, really. But it is the will of all life to survive and persevere.For JRPG's... Mithos Yggdrasil from Tales of Symphonia was not too bad. I tend to prefer tragic, semi-sympathetic villains. People/things who aren't bad, and sometimes aren't even wrong. But they go to extremes for their own sense of justice, and wrap the world around them in conflict.

SergeX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
LOL

I think after Hikawa destroyed the world right in the beginning of Nocturne that main Kefka stans argument is owned. Well I just dont see everything that people see in him...

YHVH in SMT is the king of universe and its a "villain" (although SMT its not about good x evil. Kefka is clearly evil, I dont like those type of villain....)

Lynx/FATE (Chrono Cross): Absolute badass and his design is pretty cool and unusual

Nyx Avatar (P3): Appears in the end, but the quotes are so amazing...Makes Persona 3 worth the awful playthrough.

Izanami (P4): Such a mastermind...I would never suspect who she was :D

Jenna Angel (Digital Devil Saga): "I do not like wasting time" = epic

Shinado (Raidou Kuzunoha 2): I think that one of the best villains ever, but in a game that is so lazy :~~ Repetitive songs and backgrounds and etc His two aspects is amazing, like a myth. Although the final battle would be so better if the game equip was less lazy :~~

Sephiroth (no need comments)

Well Aizen is not a video game villain but was fricking cool xD

Don know if I am forgeting someone

SergeX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Sorry I quoted myself instead edit. Striked the wrong button. Sorry.

LOL

I think after Hikawa destroyed the world right in the beginning of Nocturne that main Kefka stans argument is owned. Well I just dont see everything that people see in him...

YHVH in SMT is the king of universe and its a "villain" (although SMT its not about good x evil. Kefka is clearly evil, I dont like those type of villain....)

Lynx/FATE (Chrono Cross): Absolute badass and his design is pretty cool and unusual

Nyx Avatar (P3): Appears in the end, but the quotes are so amazing...Makes Persona 3 worth the awful playthrough.

Izanami (P4): Such a mastermind...I would never suspect who she was :D

Jenna Angel (Digital Devil Saga): "I do not like wasting time" = epic

Shinado (Raidou Kuzunoha 2): I think that one of the best villains ever, but in a game that is so lazy :~~ Repetitive songs and backgrounds and etc His two aspects is amazing, like a myth. Although the final battle would be so better if the game equip was less lazy :~~

Sephiroth (no need comments)

Ajora: proving how church manipulate information. Pretty cool also.

Well Aizen is not a video game villain but was fricking cool xD

Don know if I am forgeting someone

LionHeart48

Novam Vitam
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Kain from Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Plainview

Man Behind the Mask
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know I'm probably gonna take some fire for this but, Delita Heiral from Final Fantasy Tactics/ War of the Lions.

I know fans of the game say that he ended the War, became king, and eventually brought Ivalice to a time of peace, but he also lied, schemed, manipulated, and betrayed others to get to that point. He kidnaps the princess win over the Black Lion, earn the Princess's trust, and made ultimatum that guaranteed her dependency on him, killed Goltanna, betrayed the Church, and even use Ramza to defeat the Lucavi so that he wouldn't have to. Even his marriage to Ovelia is hinted to be part of his plan (he never mentions that he loves her; only that he'll protect her, which forced the Princess to depend on him for her own safety). Delita didn't even become King to make Ivalive a better place; he did so simply to prove a point: that one doesn't have to be highborn to ascend the social ladder. In other words, he became King simply for his own benefit, and not for the sake of others. I also see him as something of a medieval Charles Foster Kane: a man who, at first fights against the system, but eventually becomes the very system he opposed, a high-ranking nobleman whose path to top was made from those he deceived and betrayed.

What I love about Delita the most is that despite everything he's done, he gets away with it: he becomes King, united Ivalice under his rule, and ushered it into an time of peace with his deed ultimately being glorified for years too come. I'm honestly a sucker for those types of villains, as they're rarely ever seen in modern games (unless I missed some). Even after a decade of playing the game, Delita is still one of my favorite villains.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.
elexy 1.2.pngSome bust art to be cropped and cleaned. May use in special decision moments. Depending on how it looks in game I may cut it.
Tiamat-86 wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
apparently since its turning 15 years old this year the ps3 is considered "retro". now how old do you feel?
guess that means im an "antique" gamer since ill still play games as old as i am.
"you know your getting old when your childhood console changes ethnicity" lol it turned yellow
I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eungi