Your Favourite Video Game Villain~

Kread-EX

You're all bakas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
What's good with Delita is that every player can have a different interpretation of him and they're almost all viable. While I don't consider him a villain but a (very) morally ambiguous hero whose ascension to King led Ivalice towards a golden age, but deprived him of all he really cared about -which he did realize, albeit too late, your interpretation is definitely interesting as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Risen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Kuja, he's the sexiest villan ever, and the only one that can pull of a thong and still look cool!

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What's good with Delita is that every player can have a different interpretation of him and they're almost all viable. While I don't consider him a villain but a (very) morally ambiguous hero whose ascension to King led Ivalice towards a golden age, but deprived him of all he really cared about -which he did realize, albeit too late, your interpretation is definitely interesting as well.
I also consider him an ambiguous hero. He was basically on a path to do whatever he had to to bring about the future he thought was needed. He was egotistical, and quite a bastard, but he wasn't really a villain. I also think he did love Ovelia, he seemed genuinely distressed at the end when she tried to stab him and he reacted with force. (Also, a lot of his speeches to her had a very real feel of sincerity, though, once again, that could have been all part of the plan, to let that bit of truth out to get her to trust him.)

In the end, I really think he wasn't so much a villain, but I don't think he was a "good guy". He accomplished good things using straight line immoral tactics. In the end, Ivalice was probably better because of him though, and I think the REASONS he did what he did were generally pure, even though his methods were very very not.

Amrod

Mcdreamy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Kefka. Nough said

Edit: Delita's story was impressive though...War of the Lion remains one of my favorite games.

Risen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Kefka. Nough said

Edit: Delita's story was impressive though...War of the Lion remains one of my favorite games.
True... Kefka is the only villan that destroys things because it's fun in the FF Series.

Jonathang

Level 3 Beginner EXP: 36%
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thats a toughie. Hm, either Team Plasma's Ghetsis, or... Bowser!!!!!! :DDD

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Kefka is a terribly written villain whose only purpose in the story is that the story needed a villain. His background is never really explored except a single throwaway line by an NPC that you don't even have to talk to.

And don't start on the Joker comparisons, because those completely MISS THE POINT of what the Joker IS. The Joker is interesting not because of himself, but because of how he plays off of Batman.

(For old school FF fans: I like FFVI, and think its really good, Kefka is really my only major complaint of the game)

Kread-EX

You're all bakas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Kefka can be entertaining though, even if it's due to Woosley's translation.

Risen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Kefka can be entertaining though, even if it's due to Woosley's translation.
*walking through desert* EHEM... There's sand on my boots.

SergeX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
*walking through desert* EHEM... There's sand on my boots.
This is the only thing that I like in Kefka.

I dont see destruction of a world for fun a big deal. Instead, its stupid...

I just did not put Delita in my list because I dont consider him a villain. He's a complex character with a personal story VERY WELL articulated. Sometimes games lacks this kind of complex character, which is one of best way to represent the human essence.

He proceeded in some ways that are not ethic, but he had his own motives. We saw how he was treated because of being a commoner, but I not saying that I aprove his actions.

He was very inteligent. This is my kind of villain. Kefka is just a dumbass with power enough to make himself a god. this is irrelevant.

Gaulty

This is my member title.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There are lots of villains I've enjoyed fighting against such as Liquid, from MGS, and Bob Page, from Deus Ex, to name a few. But, I have been playing a lot of Far Cry 3 recently and I'm gonna have to go with Vaas Montenegro.

What an insane and scary character! I think it boils down to the fact, though, that the acting for this character was so, so incredibly well done. He was very convincing and I really felt myself wanting to take this guy down. It's the best witnessed in a long time. Heck, I'd go as far as saying he's one of the best characters I've ever seen in a video-game, not just villains. He really stole the show for me.

Fatalfugus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
(POSSIBLE SPOILER FOR OGRE BATTLE 64:) ... Prince Yumil.

It was my first experience with this kind of villain. His motives were far from evil. The whole game developed his psychological state so you could understand WHY he's doing what he's doing.

Tsukitsune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
One of my new favorite villains is now Voss from Farcry 3. Dudes hella psycho

Puppet of Fate

Master Puppeteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The scariest one I know of that is also my favorite is probably in Silent Hill 4: The Room. I forget the guys name but he seems so innocent for most of the game, even giving you a teddy bear (even though its cursed). But then later you havea to fight him in a terrifying boss battle.

Link_20

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
As someone said back, mine is Kefka *_*

Love them and his "I destroy everything because it's fun" xD

Blackheart

Developer in Training
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Mithos/Yggdrasil from Tales Of Symphonia, He's just an extreme victim of racial segregation which caused his mind to be warped... His ideals were good but he executed his plans destructively which contrasted very nicely against Lloyd's morals

Xehanort from KH: BBS because he just pulls everyone's strings so precisely, especially Terra

MsValentine

Distant Admirer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Vaas from Far Cry 3. As Yahtzee put it: "Watch out for Vaas, he'll enslave your ass."

I can't the only person who finds him kinda hot in a crazy, maniacal killing machine sort of way. Might just be his accent though. (。◕‿◕。)

But before that it was probably Saren from Mass Effect...

Travatar

Summoned by candle, by book, and by bell.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The Kusabi from Fatal Frame II: The Crimson Butterfly... almost everything in that game was creepy as hell, but seeing the

incarnation of pain itself dragging villagers in one hand, with a bloody knife in the other
was pure nightmare fuel for me.

Fatalfugus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Mithos/Yggdrasil from Tales Of Symphonia, He's just an extreme victim of racial segregation which caused his mind to be warped... His ideals were good but he executed his plans destructively which contrasted very nicely against Lloyd's morals

Xehanort from KH: BBS because he just pulls everyone's strings so precisely, especially Terra
It's good to see so many Tales of Symphonia fans around here, that game was awesome. Mithos was a good character, but did anyone else find his actual battle to be a little disappointing?

Blackheart

Developer in Training
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's good to see so many Tales of Symphonia fans around here, that game was awesome. Mithos was a good character, but did anyone else find his actual battle to be a little disappointing?
Any battle in that game can be disappointing with the all powerful Tiger Blade Spam! ^_^

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.
elexy 1.2.pngSome bust art to be cropped and cleaned. May use in special decision moments. Depending on how it looks in game I may cut it.
Tiamat-86 wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
apparently since its turning 15 years old this year the ps3 is considered "retro". now how old do you feel?
guess that means im an "antique" gamer since ill still play games as old as i am.
"you know your getting old when your childhood console changes ethnicity" lol it turned yellow
I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eungi