Yougotsomechocolate

Random Chest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So this is sorta werid, but I started with FES and then eventually bought MV.
What was your first engine/spinoff of the rpg maker games?

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
First one, as well as the only one I use: Ace.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
VX (not Ace, it wasn't out at the time), but then I switched to XP.

Astfgl66

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I used 2k for a bit, but I was like 9 so I didn't do much.

Toyed with 2k3 a lot, made a few terrible games that are probably sitting on a cd somewhere. Ripped graphics, terrible stories, no balancing, every imaginable cliché,... You get the picture. I guess we all have to start somewhere.

Used xp a bit, but apart from toying with scripts I didn't do much.

Didn't use vx, used vx ace for a couple hundred hours, but really only seriously used MV.

AnimaScorpius

Modern Mage/WorldCrafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My first RPG Maker was RPG Maker 95, back in the days we couldn't buy translated RPG Makers like now that you can use to make games and money with. I have tried every RPG Maker(for the pc) since then. Its a joy to see how much this community grew since those old days. Back in the days, the heros of RPG Maker where people like UPRC with Final Fantasy Blackmoon Prophecy and Sky with Devil Hunter: Seeker of Power. If you never played these old classics you should definitely check it out.

JtheDuelist

Just a dev who actually got a game finished
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RPG Maker II on PS2 here.

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
The Master everyone bows to: RPG Maker 2003!

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
VX Ace from RMW Store [$7.00] it was Promotion (Winter Sale 2016)
Then someone here reminded me about MV sale on steam for 60% off. (Mar 2017)

MessiahComplex

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Good ol' RPG Maker XP. I still think the graphical style of that one was by far the best but it's just too hard to beat the quality of life changes of the newer makers.

Boe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Rpg maker 2000. My first game was really bad but for some reason my friend (One of the only 2 or 3 people who ever played it) wanted me to make more, so I did. I made another on 2k then one on 2k3. I never finished the XP game, but made another when VX came out.
Luckily those are lost to time. I cringe any time I see one of the screenshots that managed to survive.

Redeye

Chronicles Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM3 for the PS2.

I remember seeing a bunch of videos showcasing the various games people made on it back when I was 10-11, and I really wanted to get it to make some massive 3D RPG. I never finished a game on it, spare for one which had the worst "story" imaginable and used nothing but sample data. I remember the game plopping you into the world right at the beginning, and you had to touch a rock in order to start the first cutscene. It was one of the first games I tried making before I found the RM Pavilion site. I tried making more games after that, but each project was shortly abandoned when I learned that the system was just boring to use.

That's when I switched to VX and actually finished a game, which was also terrible and couldn't be opened because it was filled with unlicensed music.

Then I switched to VX Ace and started 2 projects that still have yet to be finished due to constant scrapped ideas and mid-development retcons. I DID manage to release demos for both of them, but the overall projects went through constant dev hell. Needless to say, both of those projects have evolved to the point of being completely unrecognizable, especially now that they're being made in MV.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
RMXP. I tried out the others when they came out, but it just never matched for me.

Gradian

Paperbag Sloth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English-M'sian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
XP. Used up a trial version and all i did was program a piano to play music when you select it, but for a dumb 11yr old i guess that's good progress? Went back to rpgmaker when im much older but with VX ace, planning on trying out MV.

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried a trial version of RPG Maker XP first, but not for long, then RPG Maker VX mainly and mostly for a few years. Overall I enjoyed using VX a lot more.

Pia Carrot

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
XP was my first for Pokemon fangames, I've spent the most time with it but I own almost all the RPG Maker series. I also have a copy of Dating Sim Maker 2 which is cool but fairly pointless.

Omige

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
RMXP.
Before I was in the fourth grade of my primary school, I enjoyed playing computer games among which there are lots of RPGs.
Afterwards, i was curious about why these RPGs were so similar. I got a RPG Maker's contact information from his game in which he wrote down that. I asked him and he told me to use RMXP.emmm......Hello World!

Twisted Crow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The original Sony Playstation one by Agetec. With that silly Gobli game on it. Good times. "I wanna be a boss!"

Heh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some more Haunting Ground! Today, we encounter a new stalker! Feel free to drop by!
Tried the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus today. Very nice device overall, but flagship smartphone prices are getting completely out of control.
Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here. I feel like I have the exact opposite interests in storytelling as everyone else.
You know what really grinds my gears? Websites that block your access completely if you have an AdBlocker on...

I would rather skip the site than endure some popups that may give me a gnarly virus!
Guys this thread is so good and you should be reading it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louxie