Doogerie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
how did you feel the first time you uploded your work for people to try? I just updated my project yesterday as a demo. I still have a lot to do and I am freeking out what if peopl hate everything about it? I am a littel nervous i really worked hard onit and i love what i have come up with.

is it nomal to feel this nevous I know it aint no Final Fantsy ?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes. I know I was nervous. And in the end I went 3/6 on those who liked it (1 was neutral, 2 disliked it) before I pulled it to make updates. Just read over all feedback thoroughly and if multiple people suggest the same thing think about implementing that suggestion if it is reasonable to implement it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm always nervous just before a release. Even now after what like 10 games?? I'm still jitterbug nerves mixed with childish excitement the entire week we get close to the release date. Then on that day? I'm useless. I post and spend the rest of my evening refreshing the internet until like 1am and then go to bed and wake up and do the same thing. What will people think? Will they laugh? Have fun? Is it enjoyable?

Even when I'm sending things out to testers I get nervous. Even friends!! I would say, it's pretty natural. That nervous excitement.

As bgillisp said, it's important to listen to whatever feedback you get. Remember, if someone is taking the time to leave constructive feedback, that means they cared enough to both play and comment. And even if they didn't enjoy it, that was still a chunk of their time they dedicated to you - so thank them and learn from their words. (Obviously you can just ignore trolling or pointless comments) Sidenote: It's also important to realize when it's time to move on from a project. Especially early projects - you are going to be learning A LOT and learning it FAST. There may come a time when that first project you've spent months on suddenly doesn't look appealing to you. Sometimes, you gotta cut your loses, accept that that dead project taught you a lot, and move onto greener pastures.

Ah, but, before putting out a 'completed game' PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure someone else (preferably two or more, but one is fine if that's all you have access to) tested the game and not just yourself. :)  That way, you can weed out any comments on glitches or game crashing bugs and people can focus on playing your GAME not testing it.

Anyway, goodluck :> I can assure you that this forum is a nice place for releasing things. Everyone here is pretty chill.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
That panic attack when you release a commercial game is like no other.

Even when you've done 4~ games prior...

SwarleyPilgrim

Internet Billionaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've yet to upload a game, but I can only imagine it's the scariest thing! I hope to have one coming soon though, and I'm already feeling nervous about it D:

Fearmaster129

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Pretty nervous as well I just uploaded a demo a couple days ago and i'm REALLY into my project and I just hope people will like it :)

Doogerie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Pretty nervous as well I just uploaded a demo a couple days ago and i'm REALLY into my project and I just hope people will like it :)

Hay man god luck I hope you get lots of good feedback pm me the link and I will send you mine and I will tell you what I think

Last edited by a moderator:

aliensalmon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just like other people have said, I was nervous and wondering how people would view my game-making skills. When they give you the feedback, you feel grateful and at the same time humbled.

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My first RM project was short, simple, and used mostly default assets, but I wanted to show it off anyway.  I was a bit nervous, but I was also excited to see what people thought of it.

The general consensus I got form the feedback I received what that it had some cool concepts, but needed a bit of work.  Honestly, that's about what I expected, and I'm happy with the results.  I felt it was a good learning experience and I'm certainly keeping everything I received in mind for my next project.

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Was really nervous to post mine and haven't gotten much feedback so i'm worried people didn't like it and if people will steal my ideas as spent 3 years writing the story and it's changed slightly 3 times but kept the same story just changed slightly

Hope people do like it though

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

7DcJlIG.png

Made a lot of progress on the tileset for the more sumptuous interior areas for the priory
I keep thinking up of new changes or improvements... Edit: Forgot to add the image Gimpwork.JPG
Hello, my nickname is Rigomor, but I am also known as Mopsikus. I work on RPG Maker games, and are currently working on a game called Peony of War.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apoctil