Nightblade50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm curious: why did you choose your forum name?

As for me, I played Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion a while ago, and I chose the "Nightblade" class, a cross between a rogue and a mage. It was my favorite class to play, so it's now my online handle. The 50 is arbitrary.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm pretty sure there are already several threads about this, but I'll share this again, I suppose.

Hex - Super Hexagon, which I was obsessed with when I was younger.
Mozart - I'm a composer, though nowhere near Mozart's level
88 - I'm also a pianist, and there are 88 keys on a piano.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It is basically a modification of my real name.

MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Kiwis are underratedly cute. I shall spread the word of non-flying birds!

TheNewSon

Aspiring Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mine is like a pronunciation sheet for my true name... Denilson.

Ami

World Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ami is my part of my full name (i'm not tell you). Although,it's like a Girl's name,but i get used since Elementary School.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
Estriole -> It's the first character i created in my junior high school...
at my junior high... i have a friend who like to write novels (i have interest on writing but did not have the experience at that time)... so me and him do some collab... doing a novel in tandem... the rule is like this:
1) first person write a novel story for few pages...
2) second person continue the novel from where the first person left off...
3) first person continue again from the second person and so on until the story finished...
4) we can change the plot / genre immediately to make it random and fun for us to laugh... (sometimes to annoy other person :D)
5) each writer have their own protagonist created as the character of the story
6) each writer does not allowed to kill other person character...
7) we can 'control' the other person character but must within the boundary of the 'character settings' we set at the beginning of the novel... (of course we sometimes allow for 'character growth')

the end result is a funny messy story which start at school romance... transition to horror... action... pack of comedy... then some scifi plot twist with some reincarnation spice...

and since we're still at junior high... the quality of course is not good... the story also making us cringe when we read it again :D...

and this first character is used as my forum name now :D.

richter_h

Eh? Sweetroll?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Mine's been there since 2007, and this is my "official" nickname, among all other names I use in some places.

h0tWalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Walker is my usual nickname/ gamer tag. That nick comes from the anime D.Gray-Man, with the main protagonist being Allen Walker. The reason I have h0t is a reference to a friend who has "c0ld" in front of his nickname, hence the zero rather than "O". It's based on temperature as a joke to his tag, I wish I was hot :rswt

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I answered this in another thread :/ I was a big weeb (I still like anime, manga, Japanese culture- all that good stuff. I'm just not as obsessed and weird as before) when I was like 14/15. I needed a name for a particular writing website and it was probably my first time being a part of a community so I thought a lot about it. I was thinking about it one night and I saw the moon out the window and I was like- drifting moon sounds cool. But my weeb brain was like- translate it into Japanese! So I came up with a terrible name. My book was doing okay on that site and I even finished it. But one day- while the website was going under maintenance a few years later, many books were deleted due to a technical error. Mine was one of them. I lost my sh*t. I worked so hard for all the reads and favorites and now I had nothing TT Anyways, I moved on. When I decided to join this forum I replaced the moon part of my name with yuuna... why that particularly I don't know. On a whim I guess. Hyouryuu yuuna was sounding weird so I merged the yuus. Hyouryuuna... Hyouryuu-Na. Sounded about right (what was I thinking!?) But now it meant drifting sodium. Yeah, it sucks. But it's been done. I'm stuck with this name now :")
I do have plans to change my username at least with some resemblance to my actual name later on.

Last edited:

Bakuda

The Music Man
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Way back when I first started college (2004) was when I really started to discover the internet. I become part of an online Inuyasha community (was very obsessed) and got into some roleplays there. My character needed a name so I came up with Bakuda on the spot. After that, I just stuck with it!

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I chose Quexp in a game (DQ Heroes II if I remember correctly) because Quest Explorer was too long. Then I just kept using it for stuff. I just changed the Quexp's... portion of my YouTube channel to Quest Explorer's...though because...well...um...pronunciation when joining streams.

TheGentlemanLoser

True friends stab you in the front
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's a reference to a fictional hacker bar from the early work of William Gibson (I think Burning Chrome specifically) which was in turn a reference by William Gibson to the Steely Dan song "Midnight Cruiser".

Zia

Simp hard for ZHONGLI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just googled mine. Liked it and used it.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I got mines from a Pynchon novel. The name is of a fictional jazz musician. I thought the name sounded cool so yeah. I don’t even read Pynchon.

Scorps

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Back in the day when i was in my early teens i needed a nickname for the game I was playing. I didn't knew what name to pick so i chose my star sign. At some point one person was tired of saying/writing "Scorpion" all the time and shortened it to "Scorps". Others picked up on it and a new nickname was established.

Zelgadis85

IGMC 17/18 Entrant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been using all kinds of variations of this nick from the early 2000's. It's based off Hajime Kanzaka's The SLAYERS anime and light novels and the character Zelgadiss Greyverse (or whatever he's called in various media). I kinda liked the character and made his name my own, in a way. And it's stuck, for better or for worse. The 85 comes from by birthyear (yeah, I'm pretty old already, I get that, now can we get on with this) :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My name is my brand, the development company, and publisher, etc, it exists to help distinguish my content from other’s . . . but the name will be changing soon, since the canonical ending to my magnum opus has been finalized, and thus, the current name has lost it’s intended meaning . . . Although, I believe most will laugh at how small a change the new name is. If my wife wants to get more involved she’ll create an account for herself with the new name in the near future, if not, I’ll just change mine.

RedRose190

Anna/Misty190
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I wanted something quick and simple so i asked myself what random thing you think its nice? red roses are cool haha :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just lost an hour plus of time to trying to modify the _battlefield sprite... when in reality MZ calls it _battleField ;_;

Even when debugging for the "undefined value", it looked exactly the same to my 20/60 eyesight.

I really prefer this_naming_convention rather than thisNamingConvention !!
hmm... I just solved one of the more annoying sideview battler problems in MV.. Passive States and Visual States can make it so when your character is in crisis HP, they don't go back to normal walk/wait when it's their turn. they stay in the crisis motion... neat.
Apparently all of LGBT reddit hates me. I posted a simple question and only got hate mail. What's the deal? The doompost was literally 6 months ago and I've changed my views since then and apologized.
MOD NOTE: See second response before replying to this. - Wavelength
Amazing. Simply amazing...

JRPG Browser - Playlist:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CiderV