Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've gotten into the habit of naming myself Tw0Face simply because the variants TwoFace, Twoface, Two Face, and Two-Face are already taken on many of the sites I try to register on. It even happened that the name Tw0Face was taken as well. Thankfully, this only happened once.

NotEmilio

They/Them
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i have this name on all my socials so i'm just gonna explain the story of my user name.
we playd kahoot in class one time and as a joke i decided to choose the name "nicht emilio" german for not emilio and in the end i liked it so much it became my user name

lesbrarians

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a lesbian librarian -- a lesbrarian! Except just "lesbrarian" is taken on a lot of forums, so I made it plural.

tiabuni

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Banana
Primarily Uses
RMMV
tia = aunt
buni = bunny

Aunt Bunny. Such creativity.

Finnuval

Old Raven following Rainbows
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Answered this before but its simple enough to repeat xD

Half of It is my real name and Just added a bit to make it sound nice.

Its one of 2 nicknames i have used for decades now.

User636

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I honestly could not think of a better username for the life of me.

ovate

tale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
tale was already taken on Github, I used "ovate" mostly towards a leaf context.

In case someone tries to contact me- I'm known as ovate here and on GitHub. I don't have social media account and I rarely use Discord.

Last edited:

Sarisa

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Slight spoilers for Final Fantasy 5 here, but the game is pretty old so I assume most that want to have played it already. Faris was my favorite party member, and Sarisa was such a pretty name. I've used the name on a couple of other forums as well.

Willibab

The Lord of Whackery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Its a nickname that I got after a wild party, something happened there and the next day people called me Willibab... I never found out why, nor did I ask now that i think about it... I was never really the type to party and its not like I don't recall the night....So I don't know what it was xD

A funny moment happened because of it though (funny to me at least) I was hanging out with a group, I only knew 1 of them, the rest were literally gang members...Weed sellers or something (don't recall why we were with them tbh). Anyway....A reporter came up to us to ask us some questions, after the interview he askes us for our names...The gang members all called themselves hilariously stereotypical nicknames to make themselves seem tough and my friend made one up on the spot...I went last.....And I was like....Uhhh Willibab... I dont know why i find it funny...maybe just the contrast between them and me xD

MoonBunny

:^)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a Rabbit (bunny) on the moon.
My favorite character (left in current profile pic), likes bunnies, and has a bunny ear hoodie. He has also been to the moon before, according to a story. I also like bunnies.
Thus, MoonBunny. Hardly creative, and probably not that cute either. But, it has personal meaning to me, so outside opinions don't matter too much.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Fair enough. I'm a transmasc who doesn't look the part at all, so I can't judge others for their clothing choices, LOL.

Arctica

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The name of the main character of my game. Since that syllable boundary after Arc- sounds a bit rough, the c sound can be dropped(so it also sounds more feminine), thereby making it Art-ica. (Avatar is Saya from NamcoXCapcom and its spin off)

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've probably answered this four or five times on these forums. This thread inevitably comes up every now and again. I wonder if it's because a lot of people choose a "handle" and carry it everywhere?

Okay, some backstory.

I grew up when the movie "Hackers" was a thing. I don't know that it ever got big, but it was a cult classic. One of my favorite movies of all time. They had this thing where they picked "handles". I lived out in the middle of farmer country and I thought that was cool. In a space where anyone could be anything and everyone was anonymous... people were choosing their own names and carrying them with them everywhere they went.

So, when I finally got the internet, that's what I did. I picked a handle. I carry it with me everywhere. If you ever see "Tai_MT" or some variation on it... yeah, pretty much always me.

So, why "Tai MT"?

At the time of being introduced, "Digimon" was a big thing. I enjoyed the show quite a lot as a young teenager since it was basically full of adult themes and childish wonder/dreams. Primarily, it was about children growing up and overcoming overworldly challenges. Or, at least, that's how I saw it. I suppose it's possible to watch it as "a kids' show" too.

I took "Tai" from the main cast. Taichi Kamiya was who I aspired to be. I wanted to be brave. I wanted to be a leader. I wanted to be the person who brought people together and if sacrifices had to be made, I'd be the one to make them. We're so silly when we're kids.

MT, then? Why MT?

To be fair, I didn't adopt "MT" until the third season of Digimon when "Tamers" were introduced. Pokemon was also huge at the time. So, I just put "MT" at the end for "Master Tamer". Little bit of a silly ego trip thing. But, honestly, who doesn't do that crap at 15/16?

So, here we are. Tai MT. It just sticks with me, I suppose. My "alter ego" if you will. I take it with me everywhere. It's always my screen name. Always my profile name. Doesn't matter that it's silly and childish now. It's a reminder of who I am and where I come from.

I still want to be that person I saw Taichi Kamiya was. I still want to "be the very best, like no one ever was". I still want to swipe cards and Digi-modify. Maybe it's weird to carry a piece of my childhood with me as part of my adulthood. Maybe it's weird to carry my childhood aspirations and dreams as part of who I am as an adult, when everyone discards them.

But, here we are. Still chasing the Crest of Courage. Still very much a child and very much an adult.

Maybe there's a lesson in there somewhere. Maybe not. Maybe it's just a cute story about a stupid screen name.

Well, okay, I lied. I do have other names, but they're more for "Roleplaying" purposes rather than as an extension of myself. They are characters in their own right.

Still, even if you see Selece Estibule, Fireldake Estibule, or Lucky Duke out and about in a game, you can bet the account holder's name is "Tai MT".

ThreeSixNine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
“If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”
― Nikola Tesla

gelboy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
It was one of my dad's bands and a nickname he gave me. So I've had it ever since I started using a computer around 2007.

Anigma

Burn out
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A- I used "A" instead of "E" for 2 reasons. 1.It's the first letter of my name. 2. Enigma is usually always taken.

Enigma- Because I like Puzzles,Mystery,WW2, and The Lament Configuration! Also I love Jim Carrey as "Edward Nygma" aka "The Riddler."

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was having my chunibyo phases at that time and thus choosing the name Kuro, which means black in Japanese.
I'm sticking to this name since that's what I've been called for over a decade.

DCupu (pronounced "The Tchupu") is my nick from high school, where Cupu means nerd or geek.

My name is coming from that two nicknames.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Woot got a promotion and a pay rise ᕙ( • ‿ • )ᕗ now I'm set.
does anyone feel like explaining to me the difference between simulation and emulation? you have my full permission to be as pedantic as you want.
About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OpenWings