KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For though artists and game developers out there, I want to see the cover art for your game. While you are at it you could tell me a little about your game. You can also provide a link to your game if you are so inclined.
1581802817241.png
This is the cover art for my game, "The Heart's Fallacy". I made it for the "2019 Icehouse Game Jam."
This is game is a short horror adventure game I made in RMMV. It's about a girl named Aurora who is having issues with her family. She lucid dreams alot as an escape for her problems. However, one day she gets trapped in her lucid dream.

Last edited:

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My game's cover art is basically my signature.
But here's the full thing.
The Press Enter part may or may not be included.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Went for a very minimalistic, Final Fantasy-inspired title screen for my current project in progress. No art done by me, just using a gradient over the RTP assets and a title over it. Not sure if it's what I'll stick with for release or if I go for something entirely different later on, but for now I'm happy with it.
Title.png

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What the heck, I'll have a go. Not sure if I posted this cover here yet anyhow.

This is my game, MechScape- it was adapted from a comic of mine. It's a retro 90s (PS1/N64)- styled sci-fi visual novel/RPG-lite (not sure what genre it fits into, honestly... It's very story-heavy like a visual novel, but it's got battles and collectibles like an RPG- was calling it an RPG-lite, but nobody understood that classification :guffaw:). Takes a lot of inspiration from late 90s Marvel comics & sci-fi games like Mega Man.

Check it out, it's got robots. Lots and lots of them, haha.

I've got a demo as well, in case anyone's interested. :)

gothicvoid

[GothicVoid]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My cover art... not 100% but think i might use this layout. Anyway i don't have a link here on these forums for it but i DO have a FB page -> Here if you are so inclined to want to follow for updates. I will try to make a website soon because i do have lots of things i want to include such as maps and a walk-through along with Character data and images.
It is long way from being done... since i am redoing the maps into a better more ascetically pleasing layout mix of RTP and other wonderful assets. But i am hoping to have a demo done shortly. It is a story driven rpg in the image of such titles as Lunar:SSS and Lunar: EB and the Shining Force series.
game cover.png

Synopsis: Chaos has turned the hearts of the races once more, but this time the dragon guardians are no where to be found. A young man stumbles across a hidden civilization that has protected a mysterious woman for centuries, roped into following along with the young man, she finds that the world isn't what she had been told and starts to realize that the races are more flawed then the ancients made them out to be. Going on a journey to find the guardian dragons she and the young man find friendship, fiends in sheep clothing and maybe ... even love. But can love conquer the flaw of the human heart?

SefirosuKuraodo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh this is neat! I suppose it's not really a *cover* yet, more like a placeholder of the title/logo with the main protagonist(s) featured until I get an actual cover concept laid out.

Logo.png
Synopsis: You are a Caravanner, a traveler who comes from a long line of Caravanners who roam the country taking odd jobs carting Heroes from point A to B, and record their trials and triumphs along the way. You follow along and help them throughout their personal journeys, gaining knowledge of the world and experience. The main story quests revolve around 4 heroes that you cart around the map in order to help them stop an ancient evil, but you have the option of recruiting 16 other characters (each their own unique class/role) to help them complete their journeys and fold them into the main story. And, as the title suggests, you meet and recruit them all in taverns :p

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@gothicvoid I like how you colored the earth in the background. I like the main character smug expression in contrast to the elven woman's more serious look. Although, the earth in the back and the medieval makes me thing this game maybe a fantasy and sci-fi.
@Milennin I remember playing a few months back. I had fun with it. I do like the minimalistic look, it straight to the point. I was wondering I are you still working on that game?
@HexMozart88 I like the texture of the water in this cover art, and how "Day" acts like a reflection on the water.
@SefirosuKuraodo The whole recruiting at a tavern reminds me of how in some RPG that add a Mercenary mechanic have you take odd jobs at guild locations. Also, I like the bubbly letters match the cute characters who sit on top of the letters.

The Mighty Palm

Resident Palm Tree
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, I wasn't going to show this off but I did make a fake box-art for my game. (a faux-art. if you will)
bxart.png

My game's heavily inspired by FF1 and Dragon Warrior and sports the retro graphics aesthetic so I figured the box art should look retro as well. Unfortunately I'm no Jeff Easley so it's not quite as 80s as I'd like ^^'

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KazukiT Still in development, but I've been working on a non-game project that I want to finish first before continuing it. Here's the game thread listing some of the basic concepts, though it's very outdated and it'll stay that way until I get back to working on the game again: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/hero.78863/

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Milennin I like what you have for Hero, crafting your hero to become whatever you want some like it would be a fun concept.
@Indinera It's always fun to make the cover for your games. It's a nice exercise of explaining what your game is about without saying a word. (minus the logo)
@The Mighty Palm You did a great job capturing the essence of game covers during that time period. I also like the "The Unofficial Pretendo Seal of Quality" it is definitely a nice touch.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
True and it's the first direct contact between your game and the player. It can set the mood immediately. I always try to use beautiful art and logo to give a strong first impression.

Some of my favorites

FB_IMG_1581877853764.jpg

FB_IMG_1581877859419.jpg

FB_IMG_1581877865854.jpg

FB_IMG_1581877877642.jpg

FB_IMG_1581877892787.jpg

FB_IMG_1581877895663.jpg

Last edited:

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
True and it's the first direct contact between your game and the player. It can set the mood immediately. I always try to use beautiful art and logo to give a strong first impression.

Some of my favorites

View attachment 134364

View attachment 134365

View attachment 134366

View attachment 134367

View attachment 134368

View attachment 134369
I can see the gradually improvement of the art style. (correct if I'm wrong were these all done by you?) They are portray the mood of the games pretty.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I'm not good enough to draw this well (I wish, it'd help SO MUCH). I do draft the title screens though.
Also, this wasn't in chronological order, just a selection of some of my favs.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm... guessing it's a meme game?

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not good enough to draw this well (I wish, it'd help SO MUCH). I do draft the title screens though.
Also, this wasn't in chronological order, just a selection of some of my favs.
Oh, alright, they are good game covers. Although drafting is important, it acts as a skeleton for those covers.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Totally agree, I also draft all my characters. B)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whypzk