Your most memorable dreams

CrazyCrab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Hi everyone,

I posted something to do with dreams on my profile feed and it seems like everyone's had some pretty crazy dreams around here. While I'm not some kind of dream analyst or anything like that, I still usually find them pretty interesting, not to mention the funny ones ;)

Anyway, I thought this might be a fun thread idea: What are some of your most memorable dreams?

For starters, a long, long time ago I had a super realistic dream where I was some sort of a future soldier, to the point where I'm really confused about it, as it featured things that never existed and was so realistic that I actually felt some kind of pain when shot. I was fighting some robots there, doing all kinds of crazy jet-packing action and stuff and then ended up getting shot and I died. As soon as I died the dream ended. It was really weird, not because of the theme, but because of just how horrifyingly realistic it was, to the point where right now, many years later, I still remember it. Weird.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You, my friend, have opened up a giant can of worms. I have rather disordered sleeping when it comes to the dream state and frequently sleep walk, have sleep paralysis, and lucid dream. If anyone is curious about some the events that surround those topics, I'll tell. But for now I'll start with a dream.

My dreams almost always include tornadoes; I'm just going to state that now. That's not even weird to me anymore. This dream happened years ago and I'm fuzzy on some details but it's, something.

This particular dream started its setting in Southern Florida. My sister and I were speeding away in a red pick up truck on I-75 going North. There was an old woman in the car with us, though completely unrelated. We were being chased by police. All sorts of siren wailing. And yes, tornadoes were just whizzing by us on the interstate. And this old woman character is shooting a rifle out the back window of this truck at the police. 

We made several stops during this dream. There was a carnival scene but I'm really fuzzy on this (I have the whole dream written down somewhere). Ones in particular I remember are a movie theater and a hotel. We were in the theater watching a show when the room itself morphed into an air plane and we took off into the air. Where we landed, I do not know. But I was gazing upon a beautiful sunset and birds were flying over the ocean. I was lounging next to a pool filled with balloons. I walked over, fell inside, and started free falling through infinity balloons. There was no detectable bottom. And the pool of balloons warped me to what I can only assume was somewhere in the Midwest. 

I was laying in the back of the pickup truck outside a small, shoddy white house and surrounded by corn fields. I went inside the house and my sister and  boyfriend Nick were inside watching the Weather Channel. A tornado warning was issued. I walked outside. And of course a tornado whizzed by but there were also mushrooms falling from the sky. And then I woke up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm having so many crazy dreams I don't even know which one I should choose. Maybe this one I dreamt I was in the french metro and a wagon had a stage with an incomplete black-metal band playing (there were only the bassist and guitarist but one could hear voice and drums for some reason). Then I was going upstairs and it was leading to a pre-school where a woman was obviously bored to death while a black guy dressed in batik clothes was telling some cliche story about a warrior fighting a lion. I was asking the woman if she was the teacher she told me that yes but it was the national congolese day and any congolese in France had to get a job. It happened that this guy's only competence was to tell stories about lions and warriors to the pleasure of the children who were all captivated by his story telling. then I go down and one of the black-metal guy tells me that this train sucks and they're gonna blow it up, just when we pass on top of the great canyon (and even in my dream I wondered what the hell a french metro was doing in Colorado) we jump and a flying pink cadillac catches us while we're falling, we all put sunglasses and when the metro explodes we all turn "to the camera" and smile while making a thumbs up, the images freezes like in the end of a cheesy 80's serial and I wake up.
So yes, as soon as we jump off the train it happened I was actually seeing myself as if I was watching a movie I played in. 
Weird. 

Also ,this dream is not the most nonsensical one I did. 

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The last time I had a memorable dream I woke up and broke my best friend's arm in a state of panicked confusion; ending a childhood friendship and racking up a substantial medical debt in the process... So good riddance I say, every time I remember dreams upon waking it's something that disturbs me to realize could come about even as a subconcious thought. Thankfully in nearly 30 years i can count said dreams on one hand.

Bukarett

Burning Dryad
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tree whisperer
Primarily Uses
@Alex Oh my god, what were you dreaming about? O_O 

My most memorable dream scares me not because of content of it but because of what happened the following day. I dreamed that I was at my grandparents house, I was standing in the hallway where I could see the stairs to the upper floor, on top of them was my grandfather. He was holding a broken cd in his hands and constantly telling me: You should stop breaking things and take a better care of your possessions. What if I'm not here? None of you would take care of this place. (He said it in Polish so I'm translating here, although I remember each word as it was said to this day) While saying this he would walk downstairs and through the closed door down to the basement where he iwas known for sitting around since it was his wood workshop. When he would disappear out of my sight, then the same thing would repeat and he would appear again on top of the stairs repeat the same thing and go to the basement, until the dream ended. The next day I accidentally broken one of my game cd, I didn't think of it much then, but couple hours later I would find out that my grandfather died and that dream had stuck in my head ever since. I'm not much believer in anything tbh so I just call this a coincidence, a very freaky one. 

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Dreams about giant tidal waves hitting the coast and I need to escape with my girlfriend and climb up very very high.

doncht

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
That I was a millionaire and got all the goods that I want. 

Espon

Lazy Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My dreams are really weird and make little to no sense in the long run.  Any objectives I had in the beginning are forgotten before the end.

Had a dream recently where I needed to go to the store to buy something.  Somehow after leaving my house I ended up at a school where I took a test and failed.  I was so upset about failing the test that I ran out of the school and slipped on some ice.  No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get off the ground.  All the sudden a car came and ran me over and I woke up.

How about another where I was at this house in a forest with this girl I've never met in my life.  We decided to go collect some fruit to eat, however we left the house we got into a car together and drove into some castle.  Once we got out of the car the floor caved in and we ended up in the dungeon.  We exit the prison cell and head down the hall, turn the corner and I'm in my bedroom.  There I find out that one of my cats had kittens so there was like 30 other cats wandering around so we played with them for a while.  I can't remember much other details that happened but I don't think I was with that girl by the time I woke up.

One thing for certain is, though, is that it makes for some excellent ideas to pull from and use in making games.

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@bukarett: nothing good, I dreamed I walked in on him molesting some kid, not sure if the kid was someone I knew before or not but when I confronted him he pulled a knife and tried to kill me; as this was happening the very same guy was nudging me awake for something, I didn't realize I had just woken up from a dream yet though and thought he was about to cut me so in a dream-confused state I grabbed said arm and locked it up bending it against the elbow. Oddly the sound and feel of bone breaking brought me instantly into the realization I had been dreaming... But it made sense because to this day I'll still swear the man I'm talking about would never do any of the things I dreamt he did that night.

Apparently I talk in my sleep and that's why he tried to wake me up that day; ever since then I started going to bed early and waking up earlier than anyone, because it scares me to know I'm capable of reacting that way without forethought, whatever exuses I could use to rationalize it just can't excuse that kind of loss of self control. So dreams scare me, but luckily I'm not much of a dreamer; that being the last dream I can actually remember upon waking and it's nearly 11 years old now. Every once in a while I'll wake up and think "that's a really weird dream I just had" but by the time that thought is through I don't remember the dream any longer.

Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
I have had both bad and good dreams that I've had and remember all freshly. My favourite is not a wild one, but it is probably had the most beautiful place I had ever seen.

I was in a bus. It was supposed to be a long distance and was only a few people in. The back of the bus was elevated and had two steps rise and I was heading back there to take my seat next to two friendly looking girls. They actually looked like two of my best friends, but in the dream I did not know them. The bus went always steep, steep downhill, when I was about to reach the steps and I slid back to the front of the bus because of the tilt. Both me and the girls laughed at it every time. Finally I decided to just sit in front of the bus alone and enjoy the trip.

The road was windy and climbed uphill through thick forest. We all climbed off, when the bus finally stopped. We were in an airy forest full of tall pine trees. There was plenty of exotic flowers in ground however - I saw a huge rafflesia. We put on wellies and started hiking a narrow path. The boots were so heavy. I just remember that I barely could lift my feet, but somehow managed to follow everyone. I focused on the ground and all the ants crawling there by me.

At some point we came across a cliff wall. Others had gone around it already and I was a bit lagging behind. When I got around the cliff the scene was just wonderful. As far as I could see, there was smooth glaciated rock. It was shining through the arctic lichens. They looked almost like clouds as they were white, light purple and light green. The tall pine forest had turned into a grove full of tall birches. The white trunks were space around with lots of room in between. The foliage was yellow like in autumn. It was just all white and bright and airy and calm. I didn't see people anymore, but it was the most awesome scene I could even imagine.

Still think of it as my special place. :>

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I remember flying high above the Earth.  I could see the gentle curvature of the land beneath me, the clouds barely visible.   I remember moving very quickly, but everything, including the spaceship itself, looked like it was viewed with a bright white light through shifting, translucent gauze.  So it felt like everything was half there, half, well, "elsewhere."

Yet it felt totally peaceful there. I just remember watching the Earth roll by.  It was a very evocative dream which is probably why I remember it.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I'm terrible at remembering nice dreams, except for a couple of weird details that don't make sense (but hey, maybe the dream never made sense in the first place). I do remember nightmares quiet vividly.

The oldest one I can remember was when I was around 6 years old (I think). I dreamed I was little red riding hood, but the nightmare didn't take place in a forest, but in a mall I had visited before. Obviously, there was a big bad wolf chasing me, so I just did what a sensible girl would do and ran all across the mall. In the end though, the wolf caught me and turned into King Kong... Then I woke up (and yelled for daddy to come check if there were no monsters in my room). :)

I was wondering, not sure if it's lucid dreaming, but I have this "skill" that when I realize my pleasant dream is turning into a nightmare, I can just wake up. I'm not sure if it's that special or pretty common. :/

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I had the ability to fly and I was in japan (even though they had american price tags in the stores). After a while, I realized I was in a dream. I wanted to know what time it was and I knew the cloak would be right in front of my face when I wake up, but I didn't want to leave the dream either. Then, a touhou remix song titled 'Lucid Dream' started playing... that's all I remember of that night.

I also have strange dreams of a fantasy world I made up and built on ever since elementary school turned out to be real, those are the best.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Perfect topic, thanks Meg @_@

Ok so I was in the car asleep with a blanket of some sort wrapped around me, and we pulled up at this mansion. I asked where we were, and my dad (the driver) said we were home. I said that was cool, so I got out of the car and went into the mansion. Inside, the rooms were massive, and the attic looked like it was something that could've come out of Harry Potter, with a giant communal bedroom. I put my blanket and some other stuff in there while some other random guy was loafing about on his phone, and went outside. The back garden was giant, with a bunch of people doing random things. It was set out so that there was this porch near the house where people ate and drank, and further afield there was the occasional tree, and a treeline within which a police car was pulled up. Outside of this police car stood three police - one of which was a policewoman. They were racing toy police cars. Remote-controlled ones. One of the cars being raced was a plain red truck-like thing, some sort of offroad vehicle.

Anyway, I asked if I could have a go, so they gave me one of the controls to a police car. I managed to race it and ram it into the red offroad vehicle, so they congratulated me and handed me a worn map that'd looked like it could've come from an Indiana Jones movie. A leather cloth, with directions crudely drawn on it.

Someone else - a boy with black hair - then came up to me and asked me if I'd got the map. Assuming he was referring to what I'd just received, I said yes. He checked his watch and told me to then follow him, and I did so. We went past the treeline, and emerged at a very old steam train station. The roof was corrugated, and we dashed past the ticket office building and climbed through a fence to catch the train that was just leaving the station. Except we didn't really catch it - we actually grabbed onto the rungs at the side, and held on for dear life for five minutes while the train made its way past beautiful, scenic sights - like the Alps (there was nothing under the train tracks for a lot of the route, besides supporting rails!!) and giant dams.

Eventually, we passed through a dense jungle-like area, and arrived at the next stop. The roof was made of some sort of spruce log this time, I think. Like, actual cylinders. Stuff you find in the northern hemisphere. We got off, and left through a pathway on the left of the building, which led to a mossy stone pathway. Everything was super-smooth, like actual large boulders. Grey. On the right behind the ticket office was a lake with a waterfall falling into it, and a dead fish on top. I asked why there was a dead fish in the water (I think it was actually a bird but nonetheless...) and my companion replied that the water was toxic or poisonous, and that it needed cleansing. So we rounded the corner, walking into a cave. In this cave was a giant boulder, with a variety of tallies and people's names on it. The point was to sign that you'd been there. I did so, and the dream ended as I woke up.

I have never remembered such a dream so vividly...

Harmill

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't normally remember my dreams but there is one that for whatever reason stuck with me and even years later, I can still recall most of the details.

So back at my parent's place there's a 7-11 that's maybe a 10-15 minute walk away. In my dream, I am walking up a specific street on my way to 7-11. I don't remember what I planned on getting, but at the half way point along this street, I look behind me and see two jocks from high school walking maybe 15 feet behind me. Suddenly one of my feet goes asleep (or numb or whatever) and I can't walk properly. I have to drag that dead leg along and I become very self-conscious of the ridiculous way I'm walking with these two jocks behind me. This back and forth between dragging my leg and looking behind went on for a little while.

When I get to the end of the street, I realized that I forgot my wallet back at home, and so instead of turning back and going down that same street, and I decide to take the next street over and make a circle. As soon as I turn onto this second street, I'm suddenly in a desert. I'm walking through this desert and eventually I find my brother and two of his friends: a male and a female. I don't recognize either of them, they are faceless people. My brother sees me and he starts to make fun of me in front of his two friends. They laugh, and so I take a bouncy ball, which I have no idea where I got it from, and chuck it at my brother's eye. He cries and runs off, leaving his two friends behind. The girl says something that I can only vaguely remember but it was kind of commending the action rather than condoning it. At this same moment, we're not in the desert anymore, but in an attic/basement type room.

And that's when either the dream ended or I simply didn't remember any further. My mom had a "dream-dictionary" that she had used to try and decipher it but I can't remember what she said about it. I think the "self-conscious" aspect of it was pretty obvious but I'm no dream doctor and maybe that element is interpreted as something else within the context of a dream.

ianbach

Zombie Master
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I had a dream when I was 10 yrs old that I wil  never forget

i was on a tugboat and it was onfire. you know how they have those small cabs for the pilot?

well i was stuck in there and the smoke was getting thinker aand i was coughing 

i finally was coughing so hard it woke me up

then I found my self with my room filled with smoke

my foam pillow had fallen behind bed and was smouldering on the little nightlite there

i was out of it and a stupid lil kid walked up to mum n dads room with it still smoldering

then they got tup and puty it under the sink and extingused it

but as far as graphics i have e2 all time favorites

one was me at a backyard keg party and i saw a jet liner seemed in trouble fly over head low and then I was standing on something looking over the fence to see fenced yard after fenced yard of suburbia

the plane crashed into the horizon of these endless fences

then the smoke began rising up

it split into fingers of smoke rising and being blown or directed back toward us at the party and about 500-1000 ft of the ground 

fingers of smoke working their way to us

as it went over head it was clear to make out the endless ghosts

some in old carigaes with horse under full gallop

it was WAY cool
I always wanted to paint or draw a picture of it, even started to draw it a few times, but could never do the graphics i saw in my dream that night, so never finished any of them  

other one was

I was in a old WW2 train station

I was hiding behind some boxes

the nazis were like half man half monsters/animal

like half men half pig half nazi, and half horse half man, 

they were wearing Nazi outfits

that was a very trippy one again with way cool graphics

oh I also use to have very bad nightmares when I was like 12yrs old

was my mom chasing me with knife was most common (maybe had them because she actually did that a few times)
Then I saw a PBS show on dreams and how to control or manipulate dreams. it was a very cool special on NOVA I think or smoe science show.

well I practiced it for a while. in fact the bad dreams stopped almost right away

but best part was if something was going bad in a dream or bad people after me. I was able to fly away

I got very good at it. also it is hella fun flying past highrise bldgs. hehe way fun

Nivlacart

Glue my hand to the tablet pen.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Last night I helped a monkey take over the world, Rise of the Planet of the Apes style.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
A couple of dreams of mine have been used as the basis for novels I'm working on. (I won't share those here, as hopefully you'll see them before long on bookstore shelves. Fingers crossed!)

One dream had me trying to find out who killed a friend of mine, who happened to be some sort of bear/penguin/t-rex hybrid creature.

I've had multiple nightmares involving physics-defying car accidents, which is part of my driving phobia.

I used to be quite an astronomy and astrophysics buff before Istarted having nightmares about black holes.

One dream had me and a dog named Jack (who could become a human) caught up in some government agency's plans to rid the world of a plague of plushie bunny zombies.

Then there was the dream when I was in a cooking class taught by actress Kristen Johnsten (of 3rd Rock From the Sun fame) who was so nervous about teaching she got drunk and started telling really dirty jokes. Also in the class was Daniel Tosh (of Tosh.0) who was yammering about some person I've never heard of. All of a sudden, the yammering was coming from a little kid talking in a monotone. The cooking class disappeared, replaced by a dark room, everything painted black and blue, except for some words in bright red on the wall. The kid was lifted up off the ground by invisible hands and tossed around like a ragdoll, still droning on about nothing in particular. Somehow, it was enough to jar me awake.

What's funny is that almost all of these dreams I can remember feature recurring people and places, though they're people and places I've never seen in real life, like reused sets and actors.

defunct-user

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Okay. So. Here goes.  This is actually several dreams... but I assure you there's a purpose!

I was about 3 years old. I kept having these horrible nightmares where a monster would thump its way to my closed door and open it. I'd never look at it because I was too scared. Naturally...

One night, after being told I can do ANYTHING in a dream, I had the dream again. Same thumping. Same door opening. I looked at the monster's red glowing eyes and I inhaled to scream.  The monster said 'Shhhhh!' before I could. That night was a full moon (in the dream) and the monster stepped into the moonlight, revealing a baby fox.  A beautiful, BRIGHT RED baby fox. He was so cute...  As I grew a little older, as a child, that fox became an imaginary friend. I'd see him in dream after dream and we'd explore places. All that time he'd just wanted to talk to me. Heh.  I grew up and forgot all about him until I was 12.

I had a dream where I was with my father and we were hunting gophers. We came across a large hole when he showed up. A glorious, sleek, red fox. Huge! He spoke to me in some strange tongue. To this day I don't know what he said... THEN, he told me in plain English that he never forgot about me... <3 Now, he's a permanent character in my character collection for games and novels.

Pretty amazing how life works sometimes, huh? :)

700th post whoooo!

MrDjThompson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was hanging out with Shigeru Miyamoto and were playing Super Smash Bros together.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Dog saliva is an antiseptic.
NghNgE9.gif
Oh man. IGMC's finally back. I really want to participate, but I'm not sure if I have the time.
It is DC's turn to be celebrating her leveling up and starts her 20th year. We were many to think she wouldn't live that long. Starts your cats motors and make 'em purr!
why_hello_mira.jpg

I made myself a cult leader, and a concept scene for him as well. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ken_Brightblade