Meike

||Telling Stories Through Games||
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wonder if MZ will have similar asset packs to MV on release? Like the cover hero pack, and that one that added a bunch of RTP style elemental buildings and stuff.
That's how they got me! Well, I was probably hooked just by the character generator back then but those cover art characters?! I so wanted them!

And I still need to make a game with them!

If they do any DLC promotions like that with the release of MZ it will just be icing on the cake!

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@The Stranger
Maybe Tiger(?) Lion(?) Beast Man (from the banner) will be part of the preorder bonus?
I expect bonus assets too, that I will probably never use but still...free graphics is always nice.
As long as we don't get free hentai like with MV, pretty sure that mistake made people happy regardless, lol.

I remember preordering MV just to get Gustaff and Wolfman (forgot his name). Pretty cool characters.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gustaf is the knight, right? If so, I love his theme song, it reminded me of a game called 'Master of Monsters: Disciples of Gaia' for some reason. It was really cool how each of those cover characters, or at least some of them, had their own theme music.

SJWebster

Too old for this ****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SJWebster - :/ eeeehhh....well, all of those were alot more when they first came out though. I know MV was somewhere around $80 bucks + (by it self, not counting the extra day one bunus stuff).... Im thinking this one will be in the $100 range. :<

Really? According to this, the UK has been consistent since launch.mvPricing.jpg

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@The Stranger
Yeah the old knight with huge mustache and a dorky smile, my favourite character in there, lol.
And yes, his music theme was very catchy.

I expect a nice pack like that one for MZ too.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@SJWebster - Huh, cant argue with stats. I hope the trend continues :3 . It'll be around $60 for me ...X3 I have $20 of left over steam credit Im saving just for this. lol

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Official soundtrack for backreading all 20 new pages:

Some of the stuff I've seen is really funny. The unfounded Haterade VS hopefulness reminds me of being on the VO forums for old Vocaloid releases, right down to "take it to the bank boys, this one's just like [existing product]". Probably...Not a great thing to be nostalgic for.

To drag my old post up through the din, a reminder of the features we're probably going to get. That's plenty to go off of here.

I'm like, shocked how little attention MV Trinity's features are getting. I know it was a JP-only release, but it was announced in English, and there were review copies sent out. A lot of the functions are stuff people are drooling for.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@K2loid Ah, Battle 3. Open it up in Audacity (or similar) and from Effects menu click 'Reverse' and listen to it then. Quite manic.

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I read through the new posts today.

Honestly don't have much more to say at the moment.

(I will say that I am not saying people can't have opinions, but I do think the assumptions that there are no improvements when we haven't announced all the info are opinions of questionable value).

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I genuinely wonder about that. That seems to sugges that a commercial company has a duty of psychotherepeutic intervention so that people learn to express their feelings in an appropriate way. Really?

No, of course I did not mean psychotherepeutic intervention, that is definitely beyond the scope of a company.

I may not have expressed myself correctly but my point was that a company could do surveys, gather telemetry, open suggestions box, be proactive on social media, etc. etc. etc. They shouldn't antagonize or silence the people who are not happy/ok with the product/company, as annoying as they may be.

This place already checks some of those boxes, but unfortunately given the disconnect with Kadokawa JP I think a lot of this good intentions fall flat, as in there's not much that can be done from this side. Mods, etc. please feel free to correct me, but this is my impression at least.

Also, while it is true that people are free to whine, is this something that anyone at all should encourage? (Just because I can do something in no way indicates whether or not I should do it.) Whining is not an adult way to deal with difficulties or disappointments, so should a commercial company be actively seeking to facilitate that?

No, in fact by providing outlets as I described above with constrained parameters you are discouraging whining, and in a way forcing people to internalize what is it that they don't like which in turns becomes a potentially actionable item.

Yes, there are caveats, like it's impossible to please everyone, and in this day and age customers can play dirty too with stuff like review bombing, etc. Hopefully by taming their frustration you reduce the chances for **** like that.

Btw, I don't mean to be antagonistic myself, I am actually looking forward to RPG Maker MZ.

Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can only say that I'm not completely wowed yet, since what we have right now is very limited official information. I'm not particularly fond of the character generator since I mostly use it to get the basic form of the character sprite (no hair, no clothing) so I can make my own. For the rest of the stuff shown or implied on the small trailer, I wouldn't be able to either comment too much or get exited about, all I can do is wait and see.

Even my early post complaining about the possibility of the same battle log from VX, VX Ace and MV might be complaining too soon, since the only image that shows something related to battle screen only has a small text and nothing else.

I might not be wowed yet, but I'm following any comment or news that might surface in the net or here about MZ, so at least they got my attention....hope their marketing would be a little bit better only.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Considering RPG Maker VX Ace is £52.99, RPG Maker MV is £60.99, and Pixel Game Maker MV is £67.99, I'm going to estimate MZ will be somewhere in the region of £64.99.

@SJWebster - :/ eeeehhh....well, all of those were alot more when they first came out though. I know MV was somewhere around $80 bucks + (by it self, not counting the extra day one bunus stuff).... Im thinking this one will be in the $100 range. :<

£ vs $USD

gif

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I hope the animation system will be powerful in MZ, but it doesnt look like a real particle system UI (I saw people talking about particle here). Right now, I use a third party tool to make animations (pixel fx designer) for a little MV project. That's the best option I found.

The only thing I am excited about is the return of the mapping with layers. I hope we will have some kind of shorcut to switch between layers :).

I don't use RTP or the face generator but they seems nice.

Last edited:

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Once all the new features are announced, i'll know if i'm excited or not for this.
I'm mostly patient.
That said, i am pleasantly surprised to see control over layers again.
And it's like Gif said.. shortcut keys are gonna be needed for this i feel.
I'm already looking at some projects i have not gotten far in but i've looked at the resources i've made.. and thinking how i can greatly improve them and my maps by way of layers.
I'm not a fan of using Tiled or doing paralax mapping to get the visuals i want.
But if i can use the BCDE tiles to make pieces and use them on the bottom layer, then i'll have what i need to make the maps and visuals I want.
One of my major complaints about MV was feeling like i didn't have enough tiles to use on the bottom layer to piece together things i wanted to make the more detailed maps i wanted.
Finding workarounds that didn't include using Tiled or parallax mapping was a pain with MV.
I'm not a fan of using MV's auto tiles to make things either.. it got rather frustrating..

Last edited:

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's a nice theme tho :(
Battle1 defense squad its obviously more of a dungeon theme but its pleasant enough

Ugh...I just realized...MZ is going to have...."new music"...[glances at my 520+ music tracks from my obsessive DLC purchases] a little more can't hurt ♥♥♥

I wonder if we'll get a track as legendary and iconic as MV's Town1. I love slowing it down to 80% and letting it play while I work. So tender and gentle it makes me tear up a little.

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
It's a nice theme tho
It's less grating than VXA's but XP's is the only RTP OST that didn't get grating to me LOL

maybe because Epic Elf is a super enjoyable game and it used the tracks very well so now i have a positive association

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was just listening to the MZ RTP Music and it is actually really good. I hadn't given it a long listen yet, but there are definitely some great tunes in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It makes me feel proud whenever an RM game does well. Even though I had nothing to do with it.
Make a Game in MZ, Episode 11 is now live! This week, I'm going to show my process of turning a draft map into a finished map. (Which most people don't do, but I'm weird). Join in the chat and ask me anything:

Someone: "I'm not mad, what about the way I replied to you makes you think I'm mad?"
First reply to me: [Insert personal attack]
Me: "Oh... I don't know..."
Gonna announce the OCC3 winners tomorrow. Though really you can just go look at the polls and tell :)
Ooh, profile banners! I like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charmilly