K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While MV is full of some really beautiful tracks that are immediately clear as some fantastic composing, some tracks need to be played 4 hours while you work to be truly absorbed and beloved. I know for a fact I wasn't that into a few of the tracks, but nowadays I'm hard-pressed to find one I'd skip. Town4 10 hours while I draw baby

ICF-Soft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm glad that MZ will be an improvement over MV.
I like the returning of manual layer editing and I'm curious about how will be managed the battle animations. I usually play with animation db section.

However given information isn't enough to make me hype. I'm still sceptic.

I'd like to see the return of XP proportions, compiling to binaries (do not confuse with current deploy function) and porting to consoles. Maybe this is too much to ask for.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Knightmare
How can they have an opinion when nothing is shown here?
It's like saying:
Oh you know I don't like the new Star Wars movie because the trailer sucks!

Oh I don't like that book because the title and the cover are not nice.

Wut?

That's not an opinion, that's hating for no reason. lol

You can have an opinion when you have enough info and/or you actually tried the product.
Someone else addressed the point of uninformed opinion vs informed opinion so I'll leave that.

I'd also like to dispel freedom of speech. One, it doesn't entitle you to an audience. Two, it doesn't relieve you of the consequences of what you say. Three, it's often the defence of someone who doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Further to that, this whole I'm the paying customer, I'm always right business. No you are not and I'm really glad right to refuse service is a thing. Get over yourself. I often find customer service employees and social media handlers have to put up with people being rather disgusting all day and, funnily enough, if you're the one pleasant, respectful, and understanding customer they've had all day they're far more likely to genuinely want to help you.
You made some good points but I must disagree with these and especially the bolded.
I've found the people who have a problem with freedom of speech either have no defence for their own views or do not want them challenged. If there's no freedom of speech then everyone eventually starts to think the same and process reality the same, who wants a hivemind? I know I don't, I like people having differing opinions so I can understand other views and to talk and share different ideas with others.

As far as customer service, if people go into that industry they need to know what to expect and know that it goes with the territory. I train people in MMA and often get extremely sore and bruised from training, I'm not going to go into this upset that it is happening, I know it comes with the territory. Same with cops who risk their lives, or military, etc. they know these things can and do happen and they go in knowing those risks. Should people be friendlier with CS personnel? Sure they should but I've worked CS before and I know that often times their bad day is a frustration with a product or service, not me, so in the industry you know and learn to brush things off. If every business has a "screw you" attitude to the customer or potential customer base then they will not be a successful business. They should cater to their main demographic and if they are hitting their target market and profitting then they can ignore the customer base they are not targeting or trying to cater to.

Here is where I stick my head above the parapet and could end up being hated on, but still, let's see what happens.

I genuinely wonder about that. That seems to sugges that a commercial company has a duty of psychotherepeutic intervention so that people learn to express their feelings in an appropriate way. Really?

Also, while it is true that people are free to whine, is this something that anyone at all should encourage? (Just because I can do something in no way indicates whether or not I should do it.) Whining is not an adult way to deal with difficulties or disappointments, so should a commercial company be actively seeking to facilitate that?
Good points, I think someone else stated that people should have some grasp on how to get productive complaints out of people who do whine so they can turn it into a constructive apperance. @masterlobo worded it perfectly so I will not add anything else.

I read through the new posts today.

Honestly don't have much more to say at the moment.

(I will say that I am not saying people can't have opinions, but I do think the assumptions that there are no improvements when we haven't announced all the info are opinions of questionable value).
You are a very balanced person on here and I agree that their opinion carries little or no weight and should be dealt with as such. Your approach is not only professional but very fair, you do a good job here, I was somewhat hesitant to follow you here when this site first started from the "other site" based on how you came across sometimes but you have proven to be a great asset here and have matured greatly and you are deservedly well loved. You have my respect.

Oh yeah...to stay on topic.....I hate to do this but someone has to....

(breaks into KADOKAWA office and encounters "The Boss")

Knightmare: Sir, you SHALT be releasing MZ TODAYITH or you will be strucketh down with my Knight Sword of +2 Might....

Touchfuzzy's Boss: ...bbb....bb...but....sir.....we have to tease some more first!

Knightmare: NO! That shalt not torture the people any longer!

(Knightmare strikes TF's Boss with his Knight Sword of +2 Might...the numbers 1732 jump out of TF's Boss pocket....TF's Boss takes 1732 HP of damage....TF's Boss is defeated....Knightmare receives 1200 EXP...Shiny loot appears in place of the defeated foe....Knightmare retrieves the precious RPG Maker MZ Mass Distribution Node....Fanfare is played....RPG Maker MZ is released.)

Anyway I'm excited for the animation news Thursday, in all honesty making animations wasn't that bad imo but it was definitely tedious at times and I could only crank out 3-5 before I got bored of it and moved onto something else. TF has got me excited with his statement about how people didn't like to finish animations so now I think this will be a huge and vast improvement and my body is ready.

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My personal favorite MV tune is town5. Got that oppressive, creepy but still fun mad science vibe to it.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So what's so bad about Theme 6? I kind of like it actually. It's not awesome or anything but it's not as bad as many seem to put it imo.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
More sound effects will be great although they are easy to find and to make too, you just need a good mic and to experiment (make noise) with regular objects.
Footsteps, organic sounds, sword slashes, this is all stuff that can be done at home, you just need to find the right objects to replicate a similar sound.

I remember one night recording (from home ofc) the audio of a very scary spectral wind that happened all of the sudden in my neighborhood.
In the file it sounded like creepy ghost laments, perfect stuff for a horror game, lol.

Vanilla Cheesecake

Cheesecake Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
More sound effects will be great although they are easy to find and to make too, you just need a good mic and to experiment (make noise) with regular objects.
Footsteps, organic sounds, sword slashes, this is all stuff that can be done at home, you just need to find the right objects to replicate a similar sound.

I remember one night recording (from home ofc) the audio of a very scary spectral wind that happened all of the sudden in my neighborhood.
In the file it sounded like creepy ghost laments, perfect stuff for a horror game, lol.
This is very true. When I learned to compose music, I also learned to make sounds from home. Something simple like the dropping of a coin I learned to turn into a pseudo-bell gong.

That said, more sounds would be nice. Though I guess it just proves how valuable sounds actually are. The fact that a majority of these sounds have existed since RM2000 really shows how long they can hold up.

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
PLEEEAAASE I forgot sound effects!! There is nothing on this earth I hate more than SPECIFICALLY RPG Maker UI noises. touchfuzzy pray tell doth there be more alternatives for users......the cancel noises blow and always have

So what's so bad about Theme 6? I kind of like it actually. It's not awesome or anything but it's not as bad as many seem to put it imo.
It's more of a triumphant scenario theme, & it starts with blaring loud trumpets that are already at peak energy (because it's a triumphant scenario theme). It jolts you when you're playtesting over and over.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Truthfully, the main "sin" of Theme6 is how many games have it as their title screen at a high volume (ie, they didn't change the title theme or how loud it was - the RTP music is quite loud when you leave it at 90% volume). It's a fine track on its own, the problem is just that so many games use it at that same 90% volume, so after playing several RM games the track can sometimes get on people's nerves.
Just like with the rest of the RTP for any other RM, their "sins" aren't a fault in the quality of the asset/track, but rather that they're used in a lot of games and sometimes the games they're in are not given the love and detail work they need.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, here is a quick drop of another menu that was visible in the trailer in EN. I think everyone had gathered what that extra box was for, but here you go:

View attachment 148147

Also yeah, I quite like that face. He's a cool looking dude. Anyway, I'm gonna grab some breakfast cause I haven't eaten anything yet. Back in a bit.
The new faces are awesome. I like all of the newly done villagers too.

Gigglemoo

Member Title
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Frang~
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Much better than the old ones we used to get from Enterbrain.

Watching this trailer reminded me I've never actually used MV. Bought at release and all, but never attempted any projects. Time to play around with it so I can appreciate the improvements :)

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's nice to see people showing their love for the RTP. <3 The only part of the RTP I've never enjoyed is the SFX library. Apart from one or two of them, the rest just don't sound very good. I really hate the miss and walk\move SFX; I think the move sound was changed from an irritating, distorted shuffling sound to something else in MV.
I was glad when MV came with some nice sci-fi\modern SFXes that actually sounded like the things they were named after.

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not going through entire 25 pages, have you already discussed about this YouTube icon and the Burger-Menu that can be seen during Map-Gameplay?

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I wonder about what they will do with the prices.
MV is still 73.99€ in Italy, maybe this one will cost roughly 30€ more, making it reach 103.99€ (high unlikely though).
I think the most likely scenario will be MV dropping to maybe 43.99€-53.99€ and MZ costing 73.99€.

EDIT: Between VX and ACE there's only 10 bucks of difference, and they never dropped in price.
I guess MV will stay at 73.99€ and MZ might be 83.99€.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I have officially released JABS 2.00.

Do people think there would be value in releasing the non-JABS plugins as separate posts/threads here on this forum?

Additionally, I just would like to drum up excitement/anticipation/hype that I plan on spinning up the following:
- A custom crafting system that grants is modeled after the star ocean franchise.
- A custom menu system to go along with JABS on-the-map.
If a developer focuses too much on describing the game mechanics in the official trailer for their RPG, I'm going to wonder whether their writing is so bad that it doesn't deserve center stage for their game. This seems to be a pitfall for the marketing on a lot of games.
Only 2 projects ongoing, but not quite started yet: World of Persona (you know how it would go by the name) and GAN.
First one would be kinda of a Persona game, (but international not only Japanese!!!), and the other one is just for Spain (at first) (because it needs to be done for each country after all, it's an all-branches educational game)
As far as i can finish World of Persona, it means GAN is viable.
Evening humans! How goes thou day?
Aaaargh I twisted/sprained my ankle a week ago, now Im stuck at home. I mean Im almost healed lol, but my parents probably wouldnt let me go outside because theres a lot of snows and they thought I slipped on a snow (I just had a bit too big booths and thats why :<). Aw man...And a new boruto op came out and its fire. It will be hard not to vibe to it when I cant go out :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niclol