Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All of the RPG Makers have had a good selection of nice songs. But MV is probably near the top for me.
Catchy battle: Battle1
Epic boss: Battle3
Grand journey: Ship3
Awesome title: Theme6 (dunking on them haters)
Peaceful town: Town1
If I had 1 criticism is that the MV selection is kind of limited.

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I don't know if this can be answered yet, but I was wondering if MZ will be like MV and if you buy from the RPG Maker Web store you get a Steam key too. I really hope it is.

RastaMan

Grouchy Mountain Dwarf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In Russia VX Ace is 1200 rubles, MV is 1350 rubles...
I hope, that MZ will be 1500 rubles or something, because it's not AAA-class video-game after all and RPG Maker itself are niche software, that are not extremely popular in entire world, like TLOU2 nowadays...

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A german Youtuber mentioned it. When the Player walks through the Town theres a Burger menu at the top right.
EDIT: 0:28
It may be a new way to access the menu during play. Or, it may have something to do with the new testing features. Just my guesses.

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
I don't know if this can be answered yet, but I was wondering if MZ will be like MV and if you buy from the RPG Maker Web store you get a Steam key too. I really hope it is.
We don't know anything about the purchase yet.

Xane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
(US) English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Idk if were on the subject of themes still but does anybody else like.. watch a YT video at night that's low but you turned your speakers up more cause you thought it was just the video only to open your project in VX Ace to work on it in silence a little bit while others are sleeping only to hit play test and Theme1 is right there to blast your ears like that damn THX theme

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Guys I just woke up and I was up late last night doing stuff and my brain wasn't functioning and I was trying to figure out how a Burger Menu was in the trailer cause I was interpreting it as like, a restaurant menu just was shoved in the trailer somewhere.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Guys I just woke up and I was up late last night doing stuff and my brain wasn't functioning and I was trying to figure out how a Burger Menu was in the trailer cause I was interpreting it as like, a restaurant menu just was shoved in the trailer somewhere.
Yeah, I've never heard it called that so had to watch (glad the poster put the time it occurs at) and was anticipating... not what it was.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Truthfully, the main "sin" of Theme6 is how many games have it as their title screen at a high volume (ie, they didn't change the title theme or how loud it was - the RTP music is quite loud when you leave it at 90% volume). It's a fine track on its own, the problem is just that so many games use it at that same 90% volume, so after playing several RM games the track can sometimes get on people's nerves.
Just like with the rest of the RTP for any other RM, their "sins" aren't a fault in the quality of the asset/track, but rather that they're used in a lot of games and sometimes the games they're in are not given the love and detail work they need.
Idk know about other people, but theme 6 has a special place in my heart because it darn near gives me a heart attack when I forget to turn it off.

Not going through entire 25 pages, have you already discussed about this YouTube icon and the Burger-Menu that can be seen during Map-Gameplay?

Ooh maybe it's developer options like integrated doodads and supertools!!! I noticed it before but didn't give it much thought. And... Burger menu? Now I'm hungry :D

velan235

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
theme6 is mostly unchanged in some hobby games, and they didn't turn down the volume + theme6 has this peak energy at the start which gives you heart attack every time you play (yes, I love to try random demo/hobbyist/first project kind of game).

SFX that I really hate is the cursor/confirm button. they sound really loud and feels echoing more than necessary, although it has the same problem like theme6: everyone used it as a default

Last edited:

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Wait what burger menu are you talking about? I can't see anything
He was asking about this thing here where the red arrow points:
1592670668027.png
I imagine it's simply to access the menu, as for me in MV it wasn't really intuitive, or it could be for testing purposes too.
It's a common term in web design as these kind of buttons are usually used to expand menues in responsive websites when using mobile devices. I think it's called like that cause it's supposed to be similar to a hamburger as it has 3 horizontal lines (the bread and the burger)

gif

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As a French native, I have literally no idea what a burger menu is lol.

Edit : thanks !

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
About the Animations tab, I'm becoming more and more curious about how that will work on MZ. I don't mind creating my own animation sequences for the attacks, states, and other effects as I like the animation sprite sheets that have been around since VX, including the Samurai Pack animation sheets. Having said that, I do see the potential for particle emission as a way to simplify the work done for animating sequences for attacks, states, and other effects. I just would like to know if I can still create my own animation (even through particle emission if that's how the animation will be done) as I don't want to just use the default animation sequences that come with MZ and prefer to create my own animation with the available graphic assets for animation.

As for the sound effects, if some of you have RMXP, then I recommend that you use the XP sound effects that don't exist on VX, VX Ace, and MV. While XP does have some sound effects that exist on the later RPG Maker programs but under a different name, there are sound effects that exist only on XP, like the System sound effects. Sound effect 003-System03 can be used for Cancel, so that's one different option for Cancel sound effects. Unlike the background music and music effects, the background sound and sound effects from RMXP will be compatible with VX, VX Ace, and MV as the XP sounds are in OGG format.

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
As a French native, I have literally no idea what a burger menu is lol.

Edit : thanks !
I just forgot that not everyone studies User Experience, like I did, sorry :D

A Burger Menu is these three stripes that you commonly see on mobile websites to open the website's navigation menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

being able to transition music seamlessly is amazing. my main character's theme has lyrics and it goes from vocal version to istrumental when he leaves his room. and vice versa. and thanks to a plugin, the transition is seamless. I love it.
All of the auditions for our game are so good, I'm so glad I'm not in charge of choosing completely. lol I just can't with some of them. I listen to them on repeat. XD
Working on a Patch to integrate AlphaABS into random generated Dungeons. Was a bit tricky, but the outcome is a real Life Changer!!

Will release it the next days!
Been pretty busy... but I got a better headset for recording and listening today. Dad says that he'll consider taking me to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time once I finish summer classes (my final semester!) I'll be taking my plushie friends with me: Bendy, Lolbit, and Helen Henny. (I WUV PLUSHIES!)
SF_Monster3,4 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mezzy