Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Animations tab was like one of the most outdated ones, so hope it has good improvements (and also bring back screen shake effect, pls).

Vanilla Cheesecake

Cheesecake Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You will still be able to create your own animations, the way you do it will just be much different.
In your opinion, do you think it's easier? Harder? More intuitive? Especially within the context of how we make animations now?

I personally think it's a huge step in the right direction exposing even the more casual userbase to at least basic forms of SFX/animation, if I'm working with a particle engine for animations then that opens up a lot of possibilities. I'm sure if you're good enough you could even make your own lighting system with it. Though whether that is framerate friendly remains to question.

gif

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@V_Aero : thanks for the clarification :) !

Can't wait to try it then :) ! Do we know if the input file(s) size will be a bit more flexible than the 192x192 pix per frame, 5 frame per row ? Thanks !

Last edited:

Meike

||Telling Stories Through Games||
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Learning will be a little bit of a speed bump, but I think once people learn how to do animations the new way, it will be faster, easier, and WAAAAY more powerful than it was before.
So glad I was wrong before XD It obviously showed I didn't know much about working with animations!
Looking forward to hearing more about the animations feature. Mulling over the things we do know, I'm really thinking MZ is going to be worth it.

Jitsu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I hope for 4k Monitor Support and a direktly Android Export to APK with Android Testplay function.

The new RTP looks good. I like it.
Little boring its just ja MV "makeover" but there are shure new Tiles too.

RTP is a good thing to start.

The new generator is okay, but PLEASE make it easy to put new things in.. This data structures are pain in the :kaoangry: ..

Driftwood Gaming

https://discord.gg/DriftwoodGaming OfficialPartner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Learning will be a little bit of a speed bump, but I think once people learn how to do animations the new way, it will be faster, easier, and WAAAAY more powerful than it was before.
It sounds like there will be a demand for some instructional videos soon. hehe ;)

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
He was asking about this thing here where the red arrow points:
View attachment 148398
I imagine it's simply to access the menu, as for me in MV it wasn't really intuitive, or it could be for testing purposes too.
It's a common term in web design as these kind of buttons are usually used to expand menues in responsive websites when using mobile devices. I think it's called like that cause it's supposed to be similar to a hamburger as it has 3 horizontal lines (the bread and the burger)
I was also thinking about a food menu, never heard that name before. :LZSlol:

I guess it's probably using the included "Button Picture" plugin with a link to a common event calling the pause menu. So it's not really a new feature but it's a good use of that kind of plugin (particularly for mobile games).

Do we know if the input file(s) size will be a bit more flexible than the 192x192 pix per frame, 5 frame per row ? Thanks !
If it's a real animation file (and not a picture file), it's wouldn't be a sprite sheet anymore, so those parameters wouldn't apply.

Veno

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Touchfuzzy @Archeia Although sometimes words cannot express how grateful this community really is, I hope on this occasion that they can. You two are ... well, I'll let the community say it;

mzthankyou.png
Full Size Image-Link - Mirror 1: https://i.imgur.com/7LemhTg.png
Full Size Image-Link - Mirror 2: http://venogames.com/public/mzthankyou.png

Thanks to @Tea's Jams for coordinating all these messages in secret!

Don't feel like you missed out, we're on a forums thread!
Feel free to add to the card by posting afterwards right here with your thoughts!

Last edited:

Vanilla Cheesecake

Cheesecake Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I love how, even while being a recipient to all those thanks, Fuzzy's avatar is still like "why am I here when can I sleep stop asking me questions to things I can't talk about yeeeeeeeeet"

...Sorry I have weird humour. xD

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's actually much funnier animated. It's a gif but doesn't show animated in most parts of the forum UI:

4.gif
It was made for me by one of the old mods forever ago. (The design is based on what I used to look like (I have since cut my hair short, and my beard is much larger) and the outfit is an anime character that I used to use as an avatar in the old days. Anyone who can actually name the character and anime gets one free question about MZ. I won't necessarily answer it, but you can ask it for free)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I have officially released JABS 2.00.

Do people think there would be value in releasing the non-JABS plugins as separate posts/threads here on this forum?

Additionally, I just would like to drum up excitement/anticipation/hype that I plan on spinning up the following:
- A custom crafting system that grants is modeled after the star ocean franchise.
- A custom menu system to go along with JABS on-the-map.
If a developer focuses too much on describing the game mechanics in the official trailer for their RPG, I'm going to wonder whether their writing is so bad that it doesn't deserve center stage for their game. This seems to be a pitfall for the marketing on a lot of games.
Only 2 projects ongoing, but not quite started yet: World of Persona (you know how it would go by the name) and GAN.
First one would be kinda of a Persona game, (but international not only Japanese!!!), and the other one is just for Spain (at first) (because it needs to be done for each country after all, it's an all-branches educational game)
As far as i can finish World of Persona, it means GAN is viable.
Evening humans! How goes thou day?
Aaaargh I twisted/sprained my ankle a week ago, now Im stuck at home. I mean Im almost healed lol, but my parents probably wouldnt let me go outside because theres a lot of snows and they thought I slipped on a snow (I just had a bit too big booths and thats why :<). Aw man...And a new boruto op came out and its fire. It will be hard not to vibe to it when I cant go out :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niclol