Cheesecake Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think I just set up a side quest...

Y'all can thank me later, I got some googling to do!

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's actually much funnier animated. It's a gif but doesn't show animated in most parts of the forum UI:
It was made for me by one of the old mods forever ago. (The design is based on what I used to look like (I have since cut my hair short, and my beard is much larger) and the outfit is an anime character that I used to use as an avatar in the old days. Anyone who can actually name the character and anime gets one free question about MZ. I won't necessarily answer it, but you can ask it for free)

I always thought it was you drunk lol, hence the "bubbles" to the left. :hic:

VideoWizard

Dragon Kingdoms Series producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So based on VX Ace's reveal history, MZ should be out somewhere around July 23rd. I hope I'm in the right ballpark there, because summer goes all the way to September 22nd. However, learning the program streams around August wouldn't make sense without the engine, and besides, everything is supposed to be open for discussion after next Thursday.

Maybe I'm way off in the late direction?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Giant Robo the Animation: Chikyuu ga Seishi Suru Hi[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Now about that questions hehehehe...

What are you wearing? hehehehe

Nope. Here is a hint for anyone who wants to play: The anime came out in 1997. It's so obscure that while it got a box set in English, they didn't even bother to dub it it was so low budget, it just has subtitles.

It's a comedy anime and is legitimately both very good and very bad in retrospect.

Veno

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone who can actually name the character and anime gets one free question about MZ. I won't necessarily answer it, but you can ask it for free)

I mean is it the full metal alchemist cape? The outfit is generally darker but being an illustration that's my best guess.

Edit: I've been googling hard and nothing else seems close LOL

Edit2: using the info he just posted.
1592711702970.png

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Really close design but not the character. If no one can get it by tomorrow I'll just say what it is somewhere probably down in the anime discussion thread that is hanging around in off topic. It is one of those things that I only know because I used to be super into obscure anime.

Veno

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My interwebz search skills are usually unbeatable and unmatched, but this one is sure putting that to the challenge.

/frantic-googling

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Haunted Junction ?

I'm legitimately impressed anyone found it. The character is Red Mantle from Haunted Junction.

(It is very funny but also a lot of jokes just... man I'll just say that it would be problematic if it came out today, released in a very different culture in a very different time).

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oooooh. That means I get a free question????

Hmmmmmm

Umm what are you wearing? NO, just kidding!!! :guffaw:

Actually, ummmm... can I take a rain check?

Veno

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
lmao I was focused too closely on the resemblance, looking for the gray outfit with a cape behind it.

cape.png

Better be an epic question that we can be upset about when he doesn't answer @Tea's Jams xD

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Veno It is legitimately very hard for me to find a picture of him with his mantle actually pushed back/open from the anime. He is wearing a white outfit underneath.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ghost Sweeper Mikami?
Never mind.. that came out in 93

ganges

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In Japan, there is an opinion that MZ is 'Monozygotic'.
This is why MZ is so similar to MV.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In Japan, there is an opinion that MZ is 'Monozygotic'.
This is why MZ is so similar to MV.
If you are referring to 一卵性双生児 (if you are referring to MZ's thread on the japanese forum) I think it's better translated to "identical twins". But yeah, MZ's RTP does look a bit like MV's RTP, but more polished and with more contrast. I personally like the higher contrast.

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Red Mantle? Haunted Junction? I actually know that, I didn't recognize it, but I see it now!

I watched it in our school's Anime Club...I only saw part of it, but that show was...different. Ridiculously inappropriate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It makes me feel proud whenever an RM game does well. Even though I had nothing to do with it.
Make a Game in MZ, Episode 11 is now live! This week, I'm going to show my process of turning a draft map into a finished map. (Which most people don't do, but I'm weird). Join in the chat and ask me anything:

Someone: "I'm not mad, what about the way I replied to you makes you think I'm mad?"
First reply to me: [Insert personal attack]
Me: "Oh... I don't know..."
Gonna announce the OCC3 winners tomorrow. Though really you can just go look at the polls and tell :)
Ooh, profile banners! I like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hydramonkeh87