Your Next Adventure Awaits: RPG Maker MZ Trailer #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi, folks. Fun to see this (crazy long!) thread with so many old and new friends. Marvelous to see your names. (Can't like all your posts to say Hi or I'll get shut off! haha Tried it before!)
From my perspective, it's just a shame they couldn't release it for all of the poor kids (and grannies) in Covid stay-at-home boredom a little sooner... =] But, of course, it always feels that way, wanting new stuff sooner.

I met a fellow teacher whose students are into RPG Maker and he invited me to come onto his Twitch channel and talk RPG Maker. I am sad to say I haven't opened it in so long... Makes me sad. I still love the graphics and seeing them on Twitter.

Maybe new features of MZ can give me chance to get back in a wee bit. =] We will see. Miss all of you.

RastaMan

Grouchy Mountain Dwarf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well... What else we can discuss about upcoming news? I mean...
There is painful feeling, because it's like there is nothing left to discuss at all...
Almost 4 days passed and there was not huge chest with information, i guess...
More like small casket with small note... :ysad:

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Gearing up to re-restart my dream project.

Wonder how many plugins I'll have to redo.

Also curious if anything like independent items will be built in to MZ.

Eh... I'll probably work on my dual wield plugin first as I did with MV (if I need to!).

Cyberhawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh speaking of BGM. I have a question. Little late to the party there.
Does MZ play longer songs instantly like VXA did (for me at the least )
or does it have an audio delay like MV.
Yes i know there are plugins to fix the audio delay. But i'm mostly curious.

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't even know if I'm going to use MZ. I was working on my game this weekend and I'm just so comfortable with it and have everything I need to make the 6 games I have planned for it. I'll definitely be using the assets from MZ since it sounds like they are compatible with MV. Except maybe the animations aren't? @Touchfuzzy Quick Question: the tilesets and charasets seem to be compatible with MV, will the animations be, too?

This is how people who use VX Ace must have felt when MV came out, which is why some people never hopped from Ace to MV. I started with RM95 then 2k and 2k3. Then took a LONG hiatus and came back, jumping in with MV. Maybe if I never left, I would've just stuck with 2k3 LOL.

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Touchfuzzy @Archeia Although sometimes words cannot express how grateful this community really is, I hope on this occasion that they can. You two are ... well, I'll let the community say it;

View attachment 148459
Full Size Image-Link - Mirror 1: https://i.imgur.com/7LemhTg.png
Full Size Image-Link - Mirror 2: http://venogames.com/public/mzthankyou.png

Thanks to @Tea's Jams for coordinating all these messages in secret!

Don't feel like you missed out, we're on a forums thread!
Feel free to add to the card by posting afterwards right here with your thoughts!
Believe me when I say that I'm grateful for everything that the RPG Maker Web crew are doing, especially through Facebook! Before the RPG Maker Forum was officially opened, there was the Facebook page for the RPG Maker Web and that's where I was requested by the staff to beta test RPG Maker VX Ace. So, in addition to being grateful to the RPG Maker Web staff for posting information on the RPG Maker products through Facebook and through the Forum, I'm also grateful to the RPG Maker Web staff for giving me the opportunity to beta test VX Ace. I tend to be more active on Facebook than on the Forum, but I'm going to try to be more active on Forum as much as possible.

If you are referring to 一卵性双生児 (if you are referring to MZ's thread on the japanese forum) I think it's better translated to "identical twins". But yeah, MZ's RTP does look a bit like MV's RTP, but more polished and with more contrast. I personally like the higher contrast.
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that noticed that the problem with the tilesets from MV was/is the contrast. Truth be told, that's the thing that bothered/bothers me in regard to the tilesets from XP to MV: the low contrast. Fortunately, that's an easy fix with either Fireworks or Photoshop, and once the contrast is increased on the tilesets, the tilesets start to look more like tilesets/graphics from the 16-bit era JRPGs.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, folks. Fun to see this (crazy long!) thread with so many old and new friends. Marvelous to see your names. (Can't like all your posts to say Hi or I'll get shut off! haha Tried it before!)
From my perspective, it's just a shame they couldn't release it for all of the poor kids (and grannies) in Covid stay-at-home boredom a little sooner... =] But, of course, it always feels that way, wanting new stuff sooner.

I met a fellow teacher whose students are into RPG Maker and he invited me to come onto his Twitch channel and talk RPG Maker. I am sad to say I haven't opened it in so long... Makes me sad. I still love the graphics and seeing them on Twitter.

Maybe new features of MZ can give me chance to get back in a wee bit. =] We will see. Miss all of you.
Granny is back! Long time @GrandmaDeb it's good to see you're still around. I remember you back from the 2k3/XP days. I hope all is well. Everyone here is excited for the release of MZ. I hope you stick around with us for the long haul here waiting this thing out. Have you been well? What are the features you are looking forward to the most for MZ?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that noticed that the problem with the tilesets from MV was/is the contrast. Truth be told, that's the thing that bothered/bothers me in regard to the tilesets from XP to MV: the low contrast. Fortunately, that's an easy fix with either Fireworks or Photoshop, and once the contrast is increased on the tilesets, the tilesets start to look more like tilesets/graphics from the 16-bit era JRPGs.
Ahh finally! I'm not the only one who prefers higher contrasts!

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
@RastaMan got anything useful to say besides "ahah" reactions?

I mean, I'm sure you're easily amused, after all risus abundat in ore stultorum, but still. feeling somewhat confused about what is so funny about localisation.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was looking back at images of the character generator.
Am I the only one who would have preferred using sliders to choose colors for different parts?
I remember using MV and being extremely irked at the lack of specific colors i wanted.
I'd always feel forced to do a bunch of touch-up work in photoshop.
It got extremely annoying over time.

MechScapeZH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haven't checked here for a while- imagine my surprise to find that there's not only a new RPG Maker in development, but it has a trailer as well!

I can't say much about it yet since there's little revealed as of now, but the new RTP looks great. I especially like the monster shown in the battle screenshot.

I look forward to seeing what other features this new program possesses, though depending on the price I won't be able to purchase it for quite a while, if ever. Thanks so much to @Touchfuzzy , @Archeia , and everyone else who's been working on RPG Maker MZ- it looks great!

And I'd be remiss if I didn't say hello to @GrandmaDeb - though I don't believe I've ever spoken to you before, I remember using your VX resources when I was very young- thanks so much for your generosity in providing all those resources over the years. :)

So, yeah! To summarize, it looks great so far, and I look forward to seeing what else it has to offer.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was looking back at images of the character generator.
Am I the only one who would have preferred using sliders to choose colors for different parts?
I remember using MV and being extremely irked at the lack of specific colors i wanted.
I'd always feel forced to do a bunch of touch-up work in photoshop.
It got extremely annoying over time.
This is a perfect example of something you don't realize you want until someone brings it up. Man, that sounds like a wonderful idea!

RastaMan

Grouchy Mountain Dwarf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Dark_Ansem, lol, they even don't gave us information about all new features and you are hurrying so bad with localization, that are one of the last tasks in development of application. Also very early official Russian translation was very bad, 'cause "always run" was "always underline with a dashed line" and "below character" was "below symbol". Glad, that they let Russian RPG Makers do corrective work on that after while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's my birthday! :kaoluv: Also, Cupcake is done and out(ill post about it in a couple of days, busy today)
Not to be greedy, but if anyone happens to have VX Ace or MV Resource steam keys that I don't have, lying around, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.
Got accepted into the architecture degree. Now I have all the doubting questions. Have to give them an answer in the next few days.
Just realized I have a few Steam gifts floating around. Anyone need RPG Maker MV or XP (Steam only)? Send me a message and I will send them on over!

EDIT: Just an RPG Maker MV gift remaining! XP has been taken.
*when you can do the Unity tutorials, but when you actually try and convert it to your own knowledge, it fails horribly*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guhh