Not open for further replies.

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
That's a very... positive... way to put it

I absolutely miss the great feeling that came with every approaching friday... now every day of my life is as unproductive as a sunday while being as irritating as a monday

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Touchfuzzy
I asked this earlier.. but it got missed during the.. uhh.. stuff.. anyhoo..
Is there any chance MZ will get the same treatment MV was getting where the developers decide to continue to develop the software and tweek and add things over time?
Or is that less likely to happen this time around?
OR is that something that no one really knows at the moment?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right now we're so deep in the "lets make sure this thing gets out the door" stage that there hasn't been a lot of talk about "what next". I would imagine we will get updates (we've talked in passing about some stuff that could be in updates), but it isn't something I can promise for sure at the moment.

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
@Dark_Ansem, lol, they even don't gave us information about all new features and you are hurrying so bad with localization, that are one of the last tasks in development of application. Also very early official Russian translation was very bad, 'cause "always run" was "always underline with a dashed line" and "below character" was "below symbol". Glad, that they let Russian RPG Makers do corrective work on that after while.
I'm not "hurrying". I asked for the type of approach, not whether it's ready.

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
On the translation issues, I have to wait until i can talk to publishing team/developer team, and they aren't in office on the weekends, and I thought it best not to interrupt their days off with something unless it was an emergency. I'll get some info today :).

Also @GrandmaDeb <3
My mistake- with this health crisis the days get all mixed up!

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Right now we're so deep in the "lets make sure this thing gets out the door" stage that there hasn't been a lot of talk about "what next". I would imagine we will get updates (we've talked in passing about some stuff that could be in updates), but it isn't something I can promise for sure at the moment.
Ah okay.
I'm basically just sitting here looking for legit and constructive questions to ask.
And that was one that crossed my mind.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I kinda hope that MZ will get some neat tools\plug-ins. Not script plug-ins, but those editor expansion tools, like the tile\object editor, the cutscene maker, and the windowskin creator. I know a few people who used the cutscene one (Madow? Can't remember its name) quite a lot.

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I was looking at the Character Generator screenshot, and I noticed there's more colors to choose from for skin color, 24 instead of 18, but most of the fantasy skin colors are gone, most notably green! My main character in my main MV project is green, so I might have to manually edit that if I want her to make a cameo or something. Oh well.

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Touchfuzzy
I asked this earlier.. but it got missed during the.. uhh.. stuff.. anyhoo..
Is there any chance MZ will get the same treatment MV was getting where the developers decide to continue to develop the software and tweek and add things over time?
I'm not on the team and have no real idea, but I'd say it's almost an absolute certainty that MZ will have multiple updates of some kind, whether its tweaks, bug fixes, or all-new functionality. I don't know about any of you, but I sure as hell wouldn't pay more than $20 for any software that is essentially unsupported by the developer from launch day onwards.

I do hope that MZ gets some love from the devs for longer than MV did. Maybe by 1.5.1, there was as much added/fixed as they could realistically add or fix, and I do understand that MZ was probably already in development by then, so resources were primarily dedicated to that.

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I thought of my own "feature-i-want-but-i-know-we-probably-wont-get":

Support for exporting to the Nintendo switch. Give me that, and I'll be one happy camper.
You and me both. But definitely a pipe dream.

Might make it easier to port to Switch (or other consoles) though depending on the coding. But still will be difficult, I think.

But a straight port to Switch--so, so unlikely. If you want that, go for Unity.

Cyberhawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I'm wondering if MZ will have an audio delay like MV does if the MP3 or OGG file is longer than about 2 or 3 minutes. I am curious to see if MZ would be something like Ace where a relatively long Audio file would play without delay.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I'm wondering if MZ will have an audio delay like MV does if the MP3 or OGG file is longer than about 2 or 3 minutes. I am curious to see if MZ would be something like Ace where a relatively long Audio file would play without delay.
I would assume they fixed this issue going forward. They know it was always a problem and I have no doubt this is fixed in MZ. I could be wrong but I would think they would fix a glaring issue like this, that and the memory leaks.

Please fully customizable Shops. Awesome for RPGs but also for other Games and Genres.

But time will show what MZ will offer. :thumbsup-left::LZSooo::thumbsup-right:
Yes please. I'm hoping the Shop Status Window got an overhaul and shows all stat increases and decreases instead of just atk or def.

Last edited:

Meike

||Telling Stories Through Games||
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it Thursday yet? Lol.

Okay, so I guess, despite not being a fan of the first 3 weeks of info drip, the marketing worked XD

Features I'd like? IDK, some more basic menu editing/repositioning I guess? Not Luna Engine style of course but maybe something like SRD's Menu editor? That'd be nice.

Ascare

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm...I'm not excited yet. Currently it looks like a minor update to MV. The only thing that stood out is the different handling of the layers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What is your favourite rpg maker plugin?
Hopefully this gets fixed before release..
Where's this sudden heatwave come from? It's not even sunny, it's just hot. Hate it!
I'm slightly disappointed that the MZ codebase still uses core.js, managers.js, objects.js, scenes.js, sprites.js and windows.js instead of core/Bitmap.js, core/Graphics.js, managers/AudioManager.js, managers/DataManager.js, etc...
just a few more hours until the toughest, most pressure 72 hours of my life, wish me luck guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcamp10565