The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please fully customizable Shops. Awesome for RPGs but also for other Games and Genres.

But time will show what MZ will offer. :thumbsup-left::LZSooo::thumbsup-right:

I'd love fully customisable shops. Being able to customise sell prices, the kinds of items a specific shop will take off your hands, etc, would be amazing.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I will be really impressed if they also added UI editing inbuilt, like in the engine itself and without coding.
I understand it's not easy so I don't have high expectations there.

Although being the sheep that I am in general programming, I was still able to learn how to use and edit Luna Engine pretty quickly.
Ultimately I don't think I would mind even if this feature will be added through plugins.

Meike

||Telling Stories Through Games||
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will be really impressed if they also added UI editing inbuilt, like in the engine itself and without coding.
I understand it's not easy so I don't have high expectations there.

Although being the sheep that I am in general programming, I was still able to learn how to use and edit Luna Engine pretty quickly.
Ultimately I don't think I would mind even if this feature will be added through plugins.
That's why I'm hoping for something simple. Obviously I'll be looking for a ui editing plugin eventually XD or else just going into the core code and playing with it myself. Changing the UI up is one thing that I feel helps my game not seem generic RPGMaker.

MajinSonic

CupHog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Touchfuzzy
I love all of your work and I am very curious about what comes next. But... I'll have to ask again...
Will there be a full documentation for the new core? It would be so amazing because the MV core is so a hell of a mess.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm really really busy today so I can't answer that many questions, will try to catch up tomorrow.

But I will add a small bit of info I know someone asked about upstream: MZ does NOT have delay on audio file loads, even if they are crazy long.

Sword_of_Dusk

Ace Attorney
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm really really busy today so I can't answer that many questions, will try to catch up tomorrow.

But I will add a small bit of info I know someone asked about upstream: MZ does NOT have delay on audio file loads, even if they are crazy long.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
"lets make sure this thing gets out the door" stage
Not the sort of mind set I like, and it makes me worry. It is where you can easily make mistakes.
If it takes another month to get everything working flawlessly, then I'm for that option.

Richard John S

Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd love fully customisable shops. Being able to customise sell prices, the kinds of items a specific shop will take off your hands, etc, would be amazing.

To go along with customizable shops, I think a great optional feature would be to have a random treasure system with random enchantments that shops can randomly generate and change stock over a period of time. There's scripts/plugins that can do that with VX ACE and MV, but a built in feature would be awesome!

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not the sort of mind set I like, and it makes me worry. It is where you can easily make mistakes.
If it takes another month to get everything working flawlessly, then I'm for that option.

You are misunderstanding my point. It isn't about RUSHING it out the door, it is that right now the focus is on bug fixing and getting all our announces out.

Like, I'm spending every day just responding to people and writing up preview articles, and making preview images and gifs and coordinating videos and doing presentations.

Honestly, Devs may be thinking about updates already, but honestly that isn't where my head is because my thoughts right at this second are on the process of the release, and I haven't talked to them about it. Because for my job, the release is by far the busiest time.

ThreeSixNine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm wowed. Wowed that other humans, would spend their time creating something made not just to make money but to help others of realize their dreams of creating something for others. I'm done seeking perfection, I'd rather be happy than right.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Also, as a comment on "are there going too be updates" there is an "update corescript" option right in the menus to update your project to the newest version of the corescripts... so I'd say that that is a pretty good indication of future plans.

Veno

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With MV, yanfly had created "desktop optimized" versions of the core files, and as a vast majority of us developed PC games due to the absurd difficulty of mobile, I was curious if there was any information if this is still being catered heavily to mobile, or if pc optimization was more on the mind this time around.

The audio load time mention is a welcomed change, but I feel that is more catered to mobile and web games. Basically, based on what we know now, it seems web/mobile play is getting a lot of love. But as a majority of the rpgmaker market does not deploy mobile, I hope desktop optimization is getting equal love.

Reference: http://yanfly.moe/2017/09/13/yanflys-desktop-optimized-version-update-rpg-maker-mv-1-5-1/

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not "wowed" that much...

They should wrap "mado", "gene" and "sakan together into the MZ.
New versions of all three please..... I like Mado a lot, but Sakan is unusable, and having a bunch of extra content is basically useless when the stamp function is such a crapshoot. I haven't heard good things about Gene either.

callmedan

Friendly Stranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I hope there’ll be some updates to the Set move route to make cutscene creation a bit easier. Like move to x direction y step(s)/tile(s) instead of adding a bunch of move right/left or other directions, and sometimes you have to count it if you’ve added enough steps.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A customizable shop layout in MZ would be interesting to see.
I always liked to see the seller portrait and reactions towards the player buying/selling goods, it's also fun to chat with them making the whole thing less boring.

I think Undertale does it well:
maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Where would you go if you're looking to hire someone on here? I'm in need of a writer to take my story concept and turn it into npcs/dialog in my game.
Evening humans! How goes the game make?
The anime characters we saw 20 years ago,
still have the same age when we see them now.
Somehow it's strange but also beautiful.
It's like no matter how much we change,
there's certain part of ourselves we can reconnect to when we see them again.
Took a long, long time, way longer than it should to be honest...but I've finally finished the big content update to my demo!
Lots of not good things happening IRL but I'm not gonna let this day end like this. Quote time:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

So, keep going, lads. Whatever you do keep going. Until next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cpaerct