Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, the license stays the same.

Also the map tilesets have a compatible format but probably shouldn't be used directly beside MV tiles. The saturations/colors are different. Without any adjustments I feel like they would clash.
Great :D

Ah, if it's just the color style I should be fine - I'm handy with graphic creation and editing :) if they allow editing, should be good enough for me.

And I'm checking what can be seen in the trailer, the character sprite looks pretty similar in style, so maybe I can edit the generator parts in Game Character Hub easily enough to make use of them.

Alright, will be eager to see if this will be worth the purchase even if for me it's just to use it as an extra rtp :yswt:

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RPG Maker MV: A Realm Reborn

this was a fantastic post and the most definitive answer to the plugin compatibility debacle. If the discussion arises again I'll just quote it.

We going to have an epic apocalypse cinematic that shows the MV heroes stand against an insurmountable foe, only to be teleported away by a wizard right before being killed and the world ending, just like FFXIV did prior to A Realm Reborn?

Was an awesome way to end an MMO

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@nio kasgami:
Ho Nio! You no write descriptions of future plugins in nionese uh? : D

or else people cannot use!
It way too TEDIOUS to read instruction! D :

Seriously, even my nionese isn't good.
I honestly thought to myself 'oh wow, nio's english has gotten much better' when I read his posts. :D

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JosephSeraph Yes! to the FF14 reference. :LZSgrin:

Boo about the animations not being compatible with MV. Here's hoping @hadecynn keeps making more animations for MV. You make'em, I'll buy'em! (Loving the animations select line)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MZ's RTP does look a bit like MV's RTP, but more polished and with more contrast
Also the map tilesets have a compatible format but probably shouldn't be used directly beside MV tiles. The saturations/colors are different. Without any adjustments I feel like they would clash.

Would MZ tiles be compatible, style-wise, with FSM?

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JosephSeraph Yes! to the FF14 reference. :LZSgrin:

Boo about the animations not being compatible with MV. Here's hoping @hadecynn keeps making more animations for MV. You make'em, I'll buy'em! (Loving the animations select line)

Based on what has been revealed so far about the Animations tab on MZ, I may have a general idea on why the MV animation sprite sheets are one of the two graphic assets from MV that are not compatible with MZ. More specifically, it looks like that there's no way to use them at all as the animation structure on MZ is completely different from the animation structure on MV.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The reason animations aren't compatible gets fully revealed with the next update this Thursday morning.

Also this will be the BIGGEST update so far. (I mean, not hard to beat what we have so far. But two major new features are being shown, plus a preview for some of the default materials, plus a bonus extra reveal).

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The reason animations aren't compatible gets fully revealed with the next update this Thursday morning.

Also this will be the BIGGEST update so far. (I mean, not hard to beat what we have so far. But two major new features are being shown, plus a preview for some of the default materials, plus a bonus extra reveal).

Awesome! By the way, considering that the MV character parts won't be compatible with the MZ Character Generator (mostly due to the setup for the facial parts and the death sprites being different on MZ), will that mean that there will be MZ version of the MV character parts DLCs? Granted, I have Photoshop, Fireworks, and Game Character Hub to help me out, but I also like to use the Character Generator for sprite creation as the Generator is a time saver, so more options are always good, in my opinion.

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would MZ tiles be compatible, style-wise, with FSM?
The overall saturation seems to be brighter, and I thought MV was a little too bright to quiiitte gel with FSM's destaturated painterly style, so I'm going to assume it definitely isn't right out of the box. However, editing saturation/contrast takes like 5 seconds in any software that edits images - from GIMP to Clip Studio Paint - so I doubt it'll be a problem. In order to recycle MV's nicest assets, they all have to more or less go together, so no doubt they'll fit right in once they've been toned down.

& if tileset recolours are a thing, maybe we can even do that...within the engine itself...*q*

SpunkyDuck

Ruby Programming Enthusiast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
(US) English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Alight, @Touchfuzzy I'll admit I've been reading all your tad-bits of info you've been giving out and so far I've come to the conclusion this is defiantly a VX -> VX Ace styled upgrade. Where MZ will be what the MV "Beta" was supposed to be. I like the fact a good chunk is a lot of under the hood fixes that are being implemented from the ground up and you're definitely restoring my faith to buy it again. I didn't use MV after day 1 of buying it (and the last update) because of a lot of the under the hood issues and weird oddity things it did that never happened in Ace even freshly updated. Sounds like MZ will squash most if not everything out that I could not stand on a technical level finally.
Here's to a successful release! :rhappy::ahappy::elhappy::ehappy::ohappy::uhappy::yhappy:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
and that will be reverted for the main RPG Maker release
I have no single idea why would they reverted that back just because "it's PC release"

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
while I was working using MV today I just noticed a little sneaky method...that kinda ...might give some 'hint' to people haha

fOvMA2h.png

just to mind you this method wasn't never fully implemented as an option in MV?

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I have no single idea why would they reverted that back just because "it's PC release"
If it's what i'm thinking (you input direct movement commands as if you're controlling the character) then that's a noob-friendlier, but problematic-er way to do move events. Now if it's just a move preview but you still input commands like you do today then I can see it staying. Obviously the preview will ignore script calls and the like but otherwise will work.

Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
while I was working using MV today I just noticed a little sneaky method...that kinda ...might give some 'hint' to people haha

fOvMA2h.png

just to mind you this method wasn't never fully implemented as an option in MV?

There are some unimplemented methods in MV. I always thought that they would eventually implement them somehow in some updates, but sadly that wasn't the case.
My other guess is that they expected that those methods would be used by developers for their own plugins or used with the script command.

Last edited:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If it's what i'm thinking (you input direct movement commands as if you're controlling the character) then that's a noob-friendlier, but problematic-er way to do move events. Now if it's just a move preview but you still input commands like you do today then I can see it staying. Obviously the preview will ignore script calls and the like but otherwise will work.
Regardless if it's input preview or an actual input, it is still nice to see a map view even if it just a map. We're not going back to close the editor to see "How many moves do I need to input again?"

But you have a point I guess.

EDIT:
There are a lot of unimplemented methods in MV. I always thought that they would eventually implement them somehow in some updates, but sadly that wasn't the case.
My other guess is that they expected that those methods would be used by developers for their own plugins or used with the script command.
I always believe that MV is just a prototype engine to see how if VXAce but ported to JS. Which is why you would see a lot of experimental and un-implemented code. MZ probably is going to be the real deal. Because they can't just to just update MV, it might as well as a new engine.

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I agree that "it's nice", the disagreement is on whether it's feasible or likely to happen. It's nice but only if it doesn't cause bugs or cause more complex movement editing to be bothersome. If it's input based, how are you going to input charset changes, or tinting, or transparency, or script calls, or sfx etc?

But I really don't know, I haven't tried Trinity so I might be spewing nonsense.

There are a lot of unimplemented methods in MV.

ok my impulse on reading this is CAN YOU COMPILE A LIST

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

RPG Maker MZ free for owners of MV confirmed.....

Ok, not really...

Can you clarify what "category" the extra reveal would fall under?
Do the 2 major new features have to do with the other or are they separate "categories" so to speak?

Thanks for the bread crumbs you've been dropping so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here's a medical question for ya: Why do I start lightly coughing after I drink coffee?
Well, someone "reviewed" my game. Didn't credit me anywhere in the video and spent 2 minutes insulting it. Going to ignore that and move on.
To cut down on map lag, I've been researching how to implement a lighting layer as a single map overlay instead of a bunch of individual lights. Hopefully I'll have a screenshot soon!
Imagine having a game broken up into a whole bunch of chapters? Like Chapter 11 should be about the party members going bankrupt.
Over 1/4th of the calendars are already out :eek: Have you already put something to a good use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TotalNoobAtRpgmaker