TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
while I was working using MV today I just noticed a little sneaky method...that kinda ...might give some 'hint' to people haha

fOvMA2h.png

just to mind you this method wasn't never fully implemented as an option in MV?
Is it version 1.6 ? I don't have it in 1.5.
If so, that means they added it with version 1.6.
Weird that they didn't communicate at all about it. Or was it planned for full implementation in a later update that never came ?

Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There are some unimplemented methods in MV.
I updated my comment later.

ok my impulse on reading this is CAN YOU COMPILE A LIST
I think I would have to clarify what do I mean with unimplemented.
What I meant is that there are methods that do something very specific that could be easily implemented as an option in the main editor but instead they decided to simply not use it there or left it to be used as part of a script or with the script command in the editor. That and they sometimes left TODOs as if they where thinking about adding something specific but for some reason didn't finish it and simply left as a TODO (As of 1.6.1 seems they have removed all TODOS).
I haven't fully read the base code since 2018, but for example, for some weird reason you can only by default have a full screen using the F4 key, yet with little extra code you could have it when game starts or have it in the editor like in RM2k3. Another that comes to my mind recently is a method in Game_Event that apparenlty returns a list of all pages in an event, that I haven't seen used too much(It is used, but barely).

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
27 more hours until the new announce

Will do another close thread open new thread when the new announce goes out.

Super hyped to see what you guys think of the new features we announce tomorrow.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Touchfuzzy - :3 and after this update, you'll be able to talk more about MZ, yes? X3 I hope so!

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
unless you release information on the code, my thoughts and feelings are the same as they are now ~ your just building hype to let people down. (just imo, dont @ me bruh)

Veno

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Super hyped to see what you guys think of the new features we announce tomorrow.

I am finding it so hard to get hyped, because I'm now so afraid of another mild release. Despite this, I'll still be up at 3am spam-refreshing the pages and twitter. Hopeful for that first wow moment we've been promised :D lol

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hopefully something on plugins, like info for coders.
I'm planning a plugin making series, were I show the audience how to make a plugin, with programming theory. Ie a lecture then show/code series. Where the entire series will include how to make a plugin from start to finish.
I'm planning on making it as beginner friendly as possible, with the assumption that the audience is just started learning to code with 0 idea of how to get going.

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm excited to see the next video announcement. I'm slowly putting extra money on steam, so maybe I can afford to just buy it :)

I would love it if the plugins like MADO, and in particular GENE, would continue to work!

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hopefully this new system will encourage many to actually make new animations or edit them more easily.
Sadly most rm games use standard rtp animations (some devs are not bothered at all to change them) so this should be a good step forward.

LNDRdev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hopefully this new system will encourage many to actually make new animations or edit them more easily.
Sadly most rm games use standard rtp animations (some devs are not bothered at all to change them) so this should be a good step forward.

I'm definitely curious to see where the Animation Engine will go. I don't have MV but I'm currently using the Trial, I was a bit disappointed to find Animations to be exactly the same as in VX / VX Ace and even XP. Can't speak for other Editors as I didn't 'acquire' or buy them like I did when I found VX Ace became available on Steam.

I always found the system for making custom animations to be tedious in RPG Maker personally, so I was one of the poor souls using stock animations lol.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@

Can you comment on if there are any returning features from older makers? I mean, other than controllable layers.

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dalph I'm just as guilty of this as the next person, sadly. I am mindful of it now, but having the animation system front and center will help everyone, not just the new makers, to remember that it has to be done.

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
<----- Is really just wondering if the new animation system includes all of PIXI particles or just some of it, and at what layers they can be placed. :LZSwink:

<----- Does not care about the new RTP stuff. :kaoswt:

<----- Wants the extra reveal to be how Harold is now the main villain of MZ. :LZSexcite:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
pixi doesnt do particles, effekseer however.... (if the leaks are to be believed, which ofc they are until confirmed otherwise)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I want to learn Javascript to create a custom menu, but I don't really know where to start.
One uncomfortable truth that has withstood the test of time, is how most people will stand by while they see a crime happening, unless it's illegal to stand by. We probably wouldn't have stories about "special heroes" or games about heroes if the "everyday common folk" were largely capable of being heroes. Heroes face dangers that most people are not willing to.
I'm having toooo much fun designing the new MP (Mental Psyche) system. I've only worked it out for enemies so far, but it's fun to stun them, then go after their MP and delete them instead to farm for better item drops.
anyone know of a place I can promote my game? sorta like game awards but for indie devs, like a place where I can drop a trailer and like stir up some hype
Doing RPG Maker News for 17th October 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LAB00M