??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
ok, to be fair, pixi *can* do particles. that doesnt mean that it is being used for them though.

ImaginaryVillain

Lord of the Sparkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You merely said it couldn't. So to avoid incorrect info I posted the link. There is no confirmation on if it's being used for that. But since RPG Maker MV is literally built on top of PIXI, and with MZ being a likely updated version of MV, it makes sense for them to use something native like PIXI particles for their animation "particles".

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
With that same logic, both pixi and mv are build on html5 and javascript, those are web based, and web = online, so mz must be an in browser editor and have have online capabilities too... I mean, it would make sense for them to use the that native framework for their editor gui.

Point: just because something can do a thing, it doesnt mean it does it well, or is even used for it at all.

edit: I also said 'doesnt' not 'couldnt'. big difference there :p

ImaginaryVillain

Lord of the Sparkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a huge difference between being written in a language, and getting your entire graphical system, and tilemap system from a pre-built library of functions. Your supposed "logic" is pretty flawed here, there is no actual similarity.

Also I only corrected you on your obviously incorrect statement about PIXI particles. I have never asserted if PIXI does particles well. So your statement about that makes no real sense here, (nor have you offered any evidence to support you claims for that matter). My only assertion is that they will likely use it because MV is built on PIXI so it's very likely MZ is as well.

I'm also unclear what your point has anything to do with... You appear to be on some weird tangent. Which isn't even related.

edit: I checked out the leaks again. If they are true, you are correct in that Effekseer is mentioned. Thank you for pointing this out to me. I didn't notice it the first time I browsed them. :LZSexcite:

Last edited:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well... I'm not about to go posting leaked content in these forums; however, if said leaked content is to be believed, yes, mz uses pixi, and no, it doesnt do the particles for it (like I already said a few posts ago).

There are earlier posts in this same thread that do link to said leaks (not sure if they have been removed or not). As I mentioned in my so called 'obviously incorrect statement' these leaks have to be believed considering no official source has denied them, and instead those same sources have hidden the content (which suggests the leaks being accurate)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, I do hope that the new rtp animations will include more stuff for monster encounters. I don't remember MV or VX/Ace having anything more animalistic like biting and sratching animations or enough animations for negative status effect granting skills. I might be wrong though.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
oooohhh now that is interesting. no more sprite sheets? does that mean they have fully adopted something like spine or dragonbones?! Maybe even some kind of custom implementation to achieve similar results.. That'd be freakin sweet tbh!

or perhaps it does actually only affect animations. and all animations are being done using some kinda particle effects. (which wouldnt be as cool imo)

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh dear! I wonder what the lack of animation sheets will be like? :o So exciting! <3

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sadly it was mainly mentionned for the Animation Tab. which personally is a huge improvement. + save memory space in term of files.

ALTHOUGH it would be kinda 'impossible' to implement dragonbone on pixel art sadly xD
@??????

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
yea, for things like map sprites and such it'd be quite the task, if it even was possible, but for battle systems, having a default spine/dragonbones like system would be a huge plus imo.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
that would work really well for things like 'fire elemental' and such <3

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So.. If I understand this correctly, the animations will be standard sheets, with standard frame rates and sizes, unless we get a plugin for custom frames?

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sorry, I didn't understand much what particles are since I'm not huge experienced with animations ^^""" Unless I see them-

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Particles are essentially a collection of images that are shown in rapid succession with various differentiations. For example, a fireball might be made from a single red/orange line, but there are 50 of these lines, all spawning/rotating/changing transparency etc slightly differently, which causes our puny human eyes to perceive them as an animated graphic.

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
while I was working using MV today I just noticed a little sneaky method...that kinda ...might give some 'hint' to people haha

just to mind you this method wasn't never fully implemented as an option in MV?
Is this really from MV?
I can tell you it didn't exist between 1.5.0 and 1.6.2, because I actually wrote my own autosave plugin for 1.5.0 (I would've noticed if it existed), and because I just performed a search on my current 1.6.2 project.

By the way: For those who don't know what particles are, this video could help:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it
So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarkSpektre