Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Autosave Function doesn't impress me. It's nice to have, sure, but it's not a new Feature exclusive for MZ - we already have it in MV, we just need to include a Plugin but doesn't hurt at all.

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
That new screenshot on the Twitter page, I thought that was blood on the ground at first, but it's actually carpet! Phew. Either battlebacks have changed or they just got more creative with them. (but seriously making battlebacks 2 images was such an amazing change)

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I never actually got into battlebacks or anything, but then again I'm not 100% artistic either. However I did create a pair of battler sprites in the sideview RTP-style for two specific monster types in addition to converting a couple of old BGM tracks from prior editions. (And yes, they have in fact been doing further teasers on Twitter.) Not sure about the animation changes, though..... especially when deciding between alternatives and the RTP is already bad enough in terms of decision-making.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is this really from MV?
I can tell you it didn't exist between 1.5.0 and 1.6.2, because I actually wrote my own autosave plugin for 1.5.0 (I would've noticed if it existed), and because I just performed a search on my current 1.6.2 project.

By the way: For those who don't know what particles are, this video could help:
Its from the corescript project that was working on updating MV theres a function in the datamanager

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Teasefuzzy confirmed.

I'm a sheep regarding coding and am not ashamed to admit it, although I can make complex events and edit plugins to some extent.

All I want to see here are the new features and a bit of RTP graphics too, because I wanna make at least two short games with it (like I did with MV).
Would be nice if they focus on desktop more this time but they should keep the Android exporter too, it's always useful.

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I agree. They nerfed the max map size from 500x500 in Ace to 256x256 in MV, all because mobile devices couldn't handle the strain on memory. That's all the more reason RM belongs on PCs & nowhere else. Mobile devices just don't have the processing power & RAM that a PC does. I hope they restored the old max map size or even expanded the limits to whatever you want.

Shojobo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I agree. They nerfed the max map size from 500x500 in Ace to 256x256 in MV, all because mobile devices couldn't handle the strain on memory. That's all the more reason RM belongs on PCs & nowhere else. Mobile devices just don't have the processing power & RAM that a PC does. I hope they restored the old max map size or even expanded the limits to whatever you want.
Think that definitely depends on the mobile, mine has 12GB and most new phones are all packing decent specs these days too. Ofcourse if you want to cater to the most possible people you shouldn't design for only high end systems, but the decision I think should be with the developer.

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RPG Maker MZ free for owners of MV confirmed.....

Ok, not really...
Now, I know you're joking, but I'd definitely love it if they could give a friendly discount for those of us who are this loyal :uswt:

1593022598936.png
(And I won't even mention all my purchased DLCs...)

Well, a girl can dream LMAO

Veno

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

If this is the style editor we get in MZ, let me just explain to everyone how AMAZING this would be, and how many options that opens up.
I had a custom plugin written for my game that allowed me to use that editor in MV. After a long road of trial and error, I was able to use the entire setup for battlebacks - creating a moving battleback like Earthbound had.

Here's how I used that pixi editor to make battlebacks in MV
(I made them in that editor, and exported the file info to my project);

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Now, I know you're joking, but I'd definitely love it if they could give a friendly discount for those of us who are this loyal :uswt:

View attachment 148879
(And I won't even mention all my purchased DLCs...)

Well, a girl can dream LMAO
I don't think this is going to happen but if the MZ is just a small upgrade on MV, I would really appreciate some discount.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@V_Aero I'm not sure how often touchfuzzy has to say "this is not a small upgrade on MV" before people start believing him. If, in fact, he's telling us the truth and not just lying through his teeth, then you can decide on that basis if you want to spend the money on a new engine. You don't have to, it's not obligatory.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Little tidbit: It's apparently pronounced Em-Zed.

I was the only American in a voice meeting last night, and I got razzed pretty hard for calling it Em-Zee :p :p.

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Little tidbit: It's apparently pronounced Em-Zed.

I was the only American in a voice meeting last night, and I got razzed pretty hard for calling it Em-Zee :p :p.
Look at aaaall these canadianssss :yswt:
I'm not even native english speaking, but in english classes we learn to say "zee" too, the "zed" one still feels weird in a cute way to me when I see people say that in videos etc.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Finnuval It does! xD Yeah, took the new Emzed train from Birmingham to Manchester the other day. Shaved at least 5 minutes off my commute.

Yadoukai

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Em-Zee sounds kinda weird to me, but that's probably the German speaking ^-^
I'll personally stick to EMMU ZEDDO probably, because I feel like a power ranger villain that way.

Look out! It's Emmu Zeddo! We need to morphimize into RPGMakertron! *queue cheesy 90s transformation music*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Where would you go if you're looking to hire someone on here? I'm in need of a writer to take my story concept and turn it into npcs/dialog in my game.
Evening humans! How goes the game make?
The anime characters we saw 20 years ago,
still have the same age when we see them now.
Somehow it's strange but also beautiful.
It's like no matter how much we change,
there's certain part of ourselves we can reconnect to when we see them again.
Took a long, long time, way longer than it should to be honest...but I've finally finished the big content update to my demo!
Lots of not good things happening IRL but I'm not gonna let this day end like this. Quote time:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

So, keep going, lads. Whatever you do keep going. Until next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Domokeew