Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's also an option in the animation tab labelled 回転, which means rotation, but the box below that section has a box with XYZ parameters, so I'm not sure what that does.
I'm guessing that the parameters may actually be rotation parameters, meaning that you can control the rotation at the X-axis, Y-axis, and/or Z-axis.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm irked that they haven't seemed to have added any walking animations for the battlers.. so the characters are likely to still do that awkward sliding back and forth thing..
It doesn't make sense and they should have added movement animations.
I guess i have to wait on a plugin creator to find a fix for small annoyances like that.

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The animations tab looks like a new layout, also there is and character image for the Ent battler so maybe there are now character images for all the rtp enemies.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the RTP as well. That's refreshing. I'm also a bit disappointed, but to be fair we were "spoiled" on what would have learned today. Will be very interesting to see what else is in store.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm guessing that the parameters may actually be rotation parameters, meaning that you can control the rotation at the X-axis, Y-axis, and/or Z-axis.
Hmm, rotation are usually in degrees or radians. It could be denominated in (x, y) perhaps, but what's the Z for? If it's using 2 images for the animations I don't understand what they are doing with the Z.

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, it seems a little weird that all the windows were being played on top of one another in this trailer...

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, rotation are usually in degrees or radians. It could be denominated in (x, y) perhaps, but what's the Z for? If it's using 2 images for the animations I don't understand what they are doing with the Z.
Z-axis may mean 3-D rotation.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
User: "New namebox, yay!"
Plugin makers: "Let's use this particular notebox to configure how message box behaves"
Ohh I would definitely do that. So probably something like:
Code:
<file:"string"><scale:int><offset:obj><name:"Reid">
So you can still input a name if you want (in this example I would use the namebox to add a bust portrait).

dyoghenes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Animations tab is also going to be one of the new features discussed in depth next week :). Thank god I can start actually talking about stuff soon.
So does this mean that there will be also other new features discussed in depth next week? :o

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes I know that, but how will they achieve that with 2D images? Tricks like shearing the picture or playing with the scales might work for simple forms, but for complex form it usually doesn't look good.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok, so in this shot, in the animation tabs the second box where the 100% is says 速度 which means speed. So we can assume we can now control the speed of animations by default.
View attachment 148119
Wait wait, this is the animation editor?
Took them long enough to have the actual battle background.
How many years has it been?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheoAllen I was surprised too, but it does say アニメーション on the select tab on the left.

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes I know that, but how will they achieve that with 2D images? Tricks like shearing the picture or playing with the scales might work for simple forms, but for complex form it usually doesn't look good.
It's using a 3D particle effect api, so there's a small chance that the animations are actually 3D (although I don't see that happening with so few parameters).

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's using a 3D particle effect api, so there's a small chance that the animations are actually 3D.
I saw that it said particle at the top, but I have no idea what a 3D particle effect is.

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Until more is explained, I'm guessing that the rotation will be something similar to the rotation that was done on SNES. At least, I hope that's how it will be done as a rotation that's done in the way that you described (as in, with shearing and scaling) would definitely not look good or realistic, depending on circumstances.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It means, which image you want to put in front of each other.
Even 2D graphics only have X and Y, the Z index could be used for layering. For example, the map tileset has lower Z value so it's always drawn below the sprite.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit : also wait....you can play test directly from a section? but I think it was douable in MV no?
Instant playtest from event
Is this the same as the Event Test that's already available in MV?

the box below that section has a box with XYZ parameters, so I'm not sure what that does.
There have been a number of requests to allow the animation to play below characters on a map, or above a window. I wonder if it might be related to that?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So does that mean that there will be also other new features discussed in depth next week? :o
1 other major thing being shown off next week feature wise, and then a preview of one part of the RTP material.

You guys can speculate on what those are.

(Also, you know its funny that we still call it the RTP when it isn't actually called that in MV or MZ, we as a community have just internalized calling it that)

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It means, which image you want to put in front of each other.
Even 2D graphics only have X and Y, the Z index could be used for layering. For example, the map tileset has lower Z value so it's always drawn below the sprite.
Nice! Thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

We are truly intellectuals.
Without using violence without weapons
Our group has as many as 1.3 million people and more than 1 hundred thousand talks.
We gathered in an hour, more than 4.5 Half a hundred thousand

I got a Sword.
I got an Axe.
I got two Swords.
Nothing to see here, just walking with my dog.
I haven’t worked on my game in a while. Tomorrow might be the day.
*squeals* :kaoblush:

I've been experimenting with improved memory management again, which allowed me to include items to increase player path length. These are both 44 grid spaces long, and stable. :LZSexcite:
I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abccc