Not open for further replies.

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Let me guess, next week's big reveal trailer will just be Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" on a ten-hour loop?

Just kidding. I know the marketing decisions are made above everybody's head here on the forums, but dios mio, somebody's on all the drugs up there at HQ. This week's "trailer" should've dropped last week, or hell, with the initial announcement. It's vague enough to tease things without spilling the beans entirely. But I know I speak for others when I say we feel like we're getting jerked around a little bit here lol.

Glad to see the leaks were confirmed though, as I expected.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Plueschkatze Awwh. Stuck in the past. I use Windows 8.1 because it came with the laptop when I bought it. lol. When I get a new PC it'll likely have Windows 10, so that's when I'll upgrade to a new OS. xD

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
just tell me info about the programming already!! idgasf about editors, or character generators, or setting up events in chinese ffs!! just point me to the code!!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Plueschkatze It might, who knows. Windows 7 just isn't supported anymore by Windows. That said, I'm sure like with previous makers there will be a trial version, so you can test if it works on your (ancient :p) computer.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, you never know. We already had the Diablo Don't you all got phones thing last year, then Battlefield 5 where they said if you don't like it don't buy it, and people...did just that.

Still, I'd find it impressive if they did a RPGMaker video to this next week:

SquallStorm

Resident Persona 5 Hyper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
One thing I'd like to see is native support for action sequencing. I know that's probably a stretch though. I'll pick MZ up but finish Epheria in MV and make a very small project in MZ.

SquallStorm

Resident Persona 5 Hyper
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
One thing I'd like to see is native support for action sequencing. I know that's probably a stretch though. I'll pick MZ up but finish

RastaMan

Grouchy Mountain Dwarf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You want a bad joke? :kaocry:
Here: What if "SAKAN", "MADO" and "GENE" can be included right into "RPG Maker MZ"? :yhappy:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One thing I'd like to see is native support for action sequencing.
and that is one thing I would not like, because it would mean that front view is no longer supported (it's rather difficult to have action sequences in front view).

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If those leaked screenshots are anything to go by, and the haven't been wrong so far, then we'll have three battle systems to choose from in the database. There should also be a revamped battle UI, complete with visible faces for party members and everything. Looks like we might be able to define how much space the UI takes up, too.

Redeye

Chronicles Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oof. From my counting, it looks like there are only around 40-50 enemy graphics to choose from when making enemies. Unless there's a secret stash of assets hidden in the files like how MV did with the rest of its database (or if the trailer is showing an earlier version of the software), this doesn't seem to shape up to the teaser's boast of having "the most assets in RPG Maker history!". Here's to hoping that the devs actually keep their RTP graphics designers around to create DLC that doesn't have a clashing artstyle.

The character generator sprites only really seem to be 10% taller than MV's. Slightly less balloon-head, but still keeping the silly-looking SV battlers. The look of the faces and some of the clothing look nice, though, so I'm assuming that the bulk of the assets are going into the generator considering how people rarely actually use the RTP actors.

So the RTP in general basically looks like the chad version of MV's RTP. It's fine, I guess.

RastaMan

Grouchy Mountain Dwarf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Shojobo, erm... We don't talk here about... Those images...
At least, we are trying not to post them on this forum... :ysrs:

Shojobo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Shojobo, erm... We don't talk here about... Those images...
At least, we are trying not to post them on this forum... :ysrs:
I guess a moderator can remove the link if they like. But the images are posted there in reply to their tweet so.. Makes more sense to let us talk about it here rather than make people talk about it elsewhere, no?

Meike

||Telling Stories Through Games||
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The beginning of this info drip has been really slow, almost makes me wish I had just waited a few weeks until more solid information came (This week should have been last week really). It is frustrating too that they didn't make a version of the trailer with english screenshots too.

Character generator just isn't something I'm interested in this time around, but the repositioning of elements is nice. Will be great if I get back into game jams and other challenges where I'll focus less on art and more on making the actual game lol.
The RTP is looking, well, nice in some parts but I do wonder if there is some hue shifting going on in some of the screenshots as some example maps were...uh. Yeah something didn't fit.

The characters are like, still chibi, but they are not as bad. I think its the head shape/size. There is a slight difference from MV and it's better. Taller sprites would have been nicer but ah well.

Animations tab/editor. Honestly the animations always intimidated me and I found it to be frustrating to use. If MZ has improved it feature wise as well as how you work with it, I'm definitely interested in knowing more.

Also, a namebox for messages :D Such a small hype but I love that. Not only for the basic purpose of being able to add a name but for the scripters to get clever with it! (such as using it to show a bust image).

Map layers will be so nice as well. Definitely a nice change but it wasn't enough to justify buying a new maker.

I really hope to buy this at release (as long as it doesn't go past a certian price point) but I really am waiting for more details to know that it's worth it, as a new vanilla maker with no library of plugins to expand it is still really daunting.

RastaMan

Grouchy Mountain Dwarf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Makes more sense to let us talk about it here rather than make people talk about it elsewhere, no?
Look, even staff member here can't tell us truth, that lies behind these "leeks", you know?
KADOKAWA decided to give us small portions of informations and we can't do something with that situatuion.
I know, that this is kinda tedious and nervious, because for 2 weeks of waiting all we got - weak teaser and weak trailer, that identical to MVs one and even contained screenshots with pure Japanese words.

TL;DR: Sure thing, we can talk about these "leeks", but please, refrain from posting these images in this thread untill our time is come.

SJWebster

Too old for this ****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread grew pretty quickly! Going to quickly comment in the order things appeared in the trailer.

Mapping: Big win! 4 layers of manual control rather than having to surrender myself to MV's weird semi-predictive nonsense. This feature alone is making me want to switch to MZ day one. That said, I learned that from the old thread. That wasn't clear in this trailer and I certainly wouldn't have gotten that impression from seeing this trailer on its own.

Character generator: Assuming I can add my own bases and graphics to it, and that my own assets for the generator can be taller sprites, (I tend to make all my own graphics for my games), this could make it much faster and easier to create varied NPCs and such. I'd still do main characters by hand though. If I can't add my own stuff to it or it's limited to a set width and height, it's useless to me.

Event settings: If I could read Japanese, I might be more excited. Other people have commented on this, but the marketing team does seem to be neglecting the fanbase outside of Japan.

Battle settings: This flew past way too quickly for me to really get much of a proper look at anything and, again, it's in Japanese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you discover great tileset resources that you completely forgot that you had. :kaomad3::kaopride:
Just got a better look at the MZ RTP. I'm very happy with it, especially the sci-fi tiles and sprites. Glad I pre-ordered.
I've just checked the VisuStella Plugins for MZ and there are already 11 plugins. The Yanfly team(perhaps a big one?) really works so effectively and efficiently that some MZ users can likely use tons of Yanfly plugins right after MZ's released (still 13 days from now). I wonder if any other plugin developer(or team) will try to compete with Yanfly this time, no matter how slim the chance to win is :)
Hello! :kaopride:I am new to RPG Maker, though I have been lurking the forums for a while. :kaoswt: Hope to make some friends and learn some stuff here! :kaothx:
And now since I've got the whole game parts working, the *contents* await.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkvaovn88com