Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Let me sum up the options here:

We remove them, people will claim we are trying to hide something.

We don't remove them, people will get upset that we left them.

Right now none of them seem to make anyone happy so maybe we should just close discussion? No? Ok then. Can we quit complaining then please?

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
-
Primarily Uses
N/A
@BCj The trailer has proven some of them to be truthful at the very least. The generator in those images looks to be the same as the generator shown in the trailer, which I'm very happy about.

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bgillisp Sometimes, it's best to simply enjoy a thread, complaints an all. Trying to make a moral decision on some re-posted images can cause the loss of hair. :p

I did notice that this version's chibi's look more like the physical chibi characters that dangle from purses, book bags, and even jackets these days. Also, did my eyes play a trick on me? It looks like there was some kind of combination of the animation and battler windows?!

Shojobo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, assuming that the leaks are real I wonder if the new time progress battle system means that the fighting continues while in active mode and while it's in wait mode it's more like in FF7 where you get to take a characters turn as his time bar completes but waits until you comeplete his turn before continuing.
Seems pretty cool to me.

ganges

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Japanese users have also expressed confusion about marketing.
I get the impression that the English community is better informed about MZ.
This site is the source of information for Japanese users.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@The Stranger : Agreed, as the engine started in Japan after all. You'd think that would be where the focus would be on getting good info to.

Edit: Actually I wonder how much of this is being affected by COVID19? Remember the company is in Japan and Japan has been on a really strict lockdown for a while now. Maybe *that* is the reason things have been a little...interesting so far.

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Considering we've got some Trinity (AKA "MV Ace") functions, Trinity having feudal Japan tiles, DS+ implementing modern and feudal Japan tiles...Yeah, the addition of Japanese tiles is basically inevitable as an addition to assets. In fact, I'd go so far as to assume that it contains the same range of content in DS+/Trinity. It'd be ridiculous to boast about how much content it has if they didn't.

Also, I was wondering about things like the green bridges in that dialogue sample, or the florescent green castle using parts that clearly don't go with it. My money's on the tileset editor having a flexible hue shifting option.

It's possible that a hue changing function may have been added for MZ. It was a function that was available on MV Trinity.

Shojobo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The animation editing using Effekseer sounds pretty awesome - I wonder if it will be in-engine editing or whether it's just importing animations made with this elsewhere?

Dr. Delibird

Also known as HRforges
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not entirely sure I understand why some people are upset by the RTP we have seen so far, like I get it you want newer and better art but haven't we all figured out long ago that making a game with RPG Maker engines using just the default graphics is a surefire way to get less eyeballs intrigued by your project? Like especially since there is so much good free art assets out there already that is confirmed to be compatible. Idk maybe I'm just far too easy going haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hi, I'm a new and upcoming Indie Developer, and I could really use some help when it comes to system programming. Explorers can only go so far before needing a map, you know?
I made a comic strip with the characters of my game.Flor en la cola eng.jpg
Hey, what does it mean in settings, privacy, where it says allow users to: view your identities??????????
I have returned yet again. No reason for my hiatus; just got distracted by video games and stuff. I figured out how to make a bootleg Ys 1 Battle system using in engine scripting (The only plugin enabled is the HUD thing).
Unfortunately I have no idea how to program but-stabbing as a crit without it being even more complicated to program so this is it.

Kickstarter successful!! I'm gonna have a Hot GameDev Summer in the trenches!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francocado