BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have no idea either how people could bear to use a placeholder.

If it is a placeholder, at least it should be closer to the real thing so I can fix it later or make it better. Not by using cow or chicken for every character that doesn't have the sprite yet. Like... seriously?
Ah yes, fear the dark overlord apocalord of doom! *menacing chicken appears*

Sorry for the double post, phone shenanigans slipped :kaoswt2:

Last edited:

TeiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I can only use placeholders for very specific things. Trying out the position of something like a faceset in a message script? Sure, I'll draw a smiley face in MS Paint at the right size and make sure it's working right. ...Then I'll wander off and draw something closer. (And then I'll probably change my mind and ditch the message script entirely.)

Placeholder tilesets or character sprites? Nope, stars, can't do it, not today. I may go back and tweak them later (maybe this character's coat should be blue instead of green) but I have to at least get close.

Other small compulsions of mine include maps being an odd number of tiles wide (I have to have that "middle" point) and a tendency to refuse combining a bunch of small interior room maps on one large map. It would save maps! ...but when in the world am I ever going to be in danger of running out of maps?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Streaming some game development! Feel free to drop by!
SF_Enemy1_4 added!
index.php

Who wants to see me mock my brother's story? Brother story: thus he summoned a mighty twenty foot lizard. My Comment: Godzilla is attacking the city! As bad as these 4 are at shopping I wouldn't be surprised if Jun didn't proudly return with a chamber pot on her head. "Look at this helmet I got for 1,000 gold!"
Apparently I'm a grandpa now.

20220128_181216.jpg20220128_181227.jpg
Sales Goal of Learn RPG Maker MV at 64% now! :kaopride:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilrick0712