Your Original Boss Theme Workshop!

Discussion in 'Resource Workshops' started by ProjectTrinity, Apr 26, 2019.

1. ProjectTrinity

ProjectTrinity Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    In other words, request a boss theme for your RPG Maker game, and you will receive~! For free!

If you would indulge me in hearing my sob story, you'll soon learn what has brought me here in front of you all today. Despite being in my best element when composing for RPG games, I've actually made music for what feels to be everything but: Flash games, visual novels, both 2D and 3D animations, book soundtracks, audioplays, and a Metal Swing Orchestra Musical. (Not kidding about that last one) However, I've yet to stumble upon a studio that will hire me on as a composer for their RPG. It's all quite very sad. Alexa, play the world's smallest violin.

So while I continue my adventure trying to find the RPG as foreseen in that one oracle's vision, I'll be opening five slots for denizens of the forum to request a battle theme. It'll tide me over while my search continues. There are, of course, rules and limits, but they'll just be for structural and sanity purposes and not meant to be an actual bother, I promise!

The Rules:
    • One one-minute track per rotation. (There will be 5 tracks from five different people per rotation.)
    • First come, first serve.
    • If your game has an original theme, I'll use it. But I won't do fangames/OSTs. (I'm bad at those)
    • Make your request for free battle music here in the thread, not privately. Make your directions clear and concise.
    • I will be posting all tracks publicly. Here on this thread and Soundcloud, specifically.
    • This is not only free, but you're free to use the track I make for you in your project(s). Royalty free and commercial free!
    • I may stop taking requests after a rotation finishes. No one knows when, but when I need to stop, I'll let everyone know when we're on the last rotation.
    • Do more than just request/fill out the application! If you like a poster's idea, or my music, tell us! We like that stuff!
    • You can only submit subsequent requests if the rotation number is odd/even like your initial rotation number. (Example: Rotation 1 can't request music for Rotation 2 or 4, but can for 3, 5, 7, and so forth. Same for even numbers.)
    • I will follow your written directions and instrument preferences as best as I can, but what you initially hear is what you get. No WIPs! No chances to ask for modifications. We want this rotation to go fast and seamless! To ensure you're happy with your free track, feel free to use the handy Request Template below!
    • Credit me properly when using my music for whatever plans you have. (Either ProjectTrinity or Johnathan Johnson)
    • Not following these rules may get you ruled out of the current rotation.
    Optional Request Template:
    [Any Image(s) you might have]

Track Title:
    Mood:
    Ideal Instruments:
    Leading Instrument:
    Context Behind Track: (500 Word Count Limit. For now.)
    Time Signature: (For those that know.)
    Tempo: (For those that know.)

Rotation #1 Slots:

- TheoAllen | Complete
    - Hiddenone | In Workshop
    - Finnuval | Queue
    - Dobberman | Queue

-

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  2. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The Art, Literature, and Music section is for showing off your music, not for making it for people, so...

I've moved this thread to Resource Workshops. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    A very nice workshop. I do want to find someone who's able to remix one of our OST to a boss theme. First of all, you won't be doing this from scratch if that helps.

First of all, here are the OST and its variants (Unfortunately, it isn't in MP3 so you cant play on the browser)
    Main theme: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdsvacwiw6mlkr5/AED2 - Eremidia Theme.ogg?dl=0
    Alternative theme: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kp0o6ooh3p8tvws/AED2 - Theme Alter.ogg?dl=0
    Battle theme: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rw27yf2jkwioejd/AED2 - Battle.ogg?dl=0

The mood is actually up to you. While I do hope it would be either hard rock (like this or this then it turned to be like this, but this isn't the request, and the boss ver was a remix from my friend) or epic orchestra, but really it is just up to you. I just want the song signature to keep the same. The variant isn't complete without the boss version (and I suck at making boss battle).

If that helps, here are the MIDI
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/p52znalm7oxc5w1/AED2 - Eremidia Theme-mid.mid?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/aumb2o2wbi6vo3x/AED2 - Theme Alter-mid.mid?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/v43m39f4a1bxff3/AED2 - Battle-mid.mid?dl=0

And if you're wondering, the BGM will make an appearance in these following project
    https://richter-h.itch.io/chessmasters-challenge
    https://theoallen.itch.io/eremidia-rise-of-the-deep

4. ProjectTrinity

First Language:
    English
    Your wish shall be granted~!
    (Soon)

You've been added to the queue! That leaves four more for this round.

TheoAllen likes this.
  5. ProjectTrinity

First Language:
    English
    Your wish has been granted~!
    (For Real)

The Soundcloud link leads to 3 versions, or a playlist with three takes. The first track will be my official results. The second and third would be my practice pieces I made before the initial track. All of them provide a different mood of sorts. You got three because no one else dropped by! Hopefully that won't be a running theme. (Length of time due to waiting for more replies. Whoops!)

Dobberman likes this.
  6. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You've got some nice music here, hopefully you get a few more requests. :) I've got a bit of an odd request, which I'm hoping will be fun to work on if you're interested.
    For a bit of background, it'd be used in my game Reincarnation Assistant: 9 to 5, which is about working in an office that deals with a lot of anime and fantasy tropes.
    Mood: Think "uh-oh, just got called to the boss's office"
    Context Behind Track: There aren't any battles in my game, but there is a boss of the office that demands respect. I'm not all that familiar with music and music terms, but I was thinking that a modern-sounding version of something you'd hear when entering a dragon's den could be cool. I don't really have any specific ideas for it, so feel free to just have some fun with it. :) Not sure if it'll help, but this is the design of the boss:
    boss lady pic.png

7. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, this sounds interesting :)

Well then, I need a track for a high-tension scene instead of a real battle but that shouldn't matter.
    My game is an adventure game about exploration and archaeology in the 1920's/1930's with no battles but some high tensity moments.

Track Title: Hazardous Expedition
    Mood: think : life & death decision time.
    Ideal Instruments & Leading Instrument: The time period is 1920's - 1930's so think charleston, jazz, etc.
    Tempo: high intensity with a little 'Allegro'

A pic of the 3 main characters (maybe it'll help)
    crew.png

8. Dobberman

Dobberman The dog. Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi there!

You got a wonderfull portfolio in the SoundCloud. I loved the "don't forget me" song with that lyrical choir. Wonderfull work!

I have a small rpg project in the very firsts stage (don't even haved topic), if that's not a problem, i've like to ask for a battle music.

I've haved dificult to find somekind of a heavy metal battle theme. Something with strong guitars and drums like Guilty Gears "Holy Orders", Deathklok "Thunderhorse", or Final Fantasy X "Jecht Theme". I don't know much of music science, soo i've will tried to describe the best i can.

Track Title: Felling the thunder.
    Mood: Rage.
    Ideal Instruments: Guitar, Bass, Drum.
    Leading Instrument: Guitar
    Context Behind Track: Don't need any vocal. It's will be the default battle theme for the game, played in almost every battle. The game will take place in somekind of europe pos-war of century XIX with rifles, tanks, grenades and big explosions. The music i thinked in a solo guitar begining, followed for a drum and the bass, with climax in the middle, after, the drum and the bass slowly set aside until the guitar solo in the end for a loop with the beggining.
    Time Signature: I don't know.
    Tempo: I don't know.

Feel free to not take this request, I'm really passing through just to give you a good feedback for your work.

Thank you anyway!

9. ProjectTrinity

First Language:
    English
    Consider your request accepted and added to the queue! (Next, actually!) I love The Boss' design, even if she won't be involved in any climatic physical fights! I have a few ideas in mind, though if you happen to think of any audio references to send my way to narrow the ideas down, feel free to post!

I will do my best~ Jazz, particularly period Jazz is not my strong suit, but I do have instruments that will at least put up the proper effort. Consider this request approved!

Thank you! And even though you just dropped by to compliment the music, your request has been approved! I love me some Final Fantasy X Otherworld! >3 You are on the queue, and I appreciate you going so far as to name the track that you really liked! The song will, one day, have vocalists covering it, so look out for that sweet update! <3

hiddenone, Dobberman and Marquise* like this.
  10. ave36

ave36 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello there!

I need the end boss theme for my game's big bad. The game is called Legend of Terra Firma, and the big bad, Reaves Gerrard, is a spin on the classical "dark messiah who will end the world" trope. So the end boss theme should be old school organ and fake choir (if you can mix in some real scary Latin chorals, even better). Reaves' usual themes usually involve a lot of dissonant, droning and tritonous chords, so I guess they will have to be here as well to make this theme recognizably his.

11. Ragpuppy87

Ragpuppy87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello.
    I'm not sure if you are still taking requests but I'd love an epic final boss theme.

My final boss is Seth from Egyptian Mythology.

I don't have a lot of specifics in mind but I'm looking for a middle eastern feel. Something that would make sense for fighting the Egyptian equivalent of the devil.
    I'd like the tempo to start out relatively slow and ominous and build to a fever pitch. If possible I'd love to incorporate a Latin chorus that
    you hear so often in epic scores.

Thanks.

12. Nekohime1989

Nekohime1989 'Monks Are Awesome' Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How do you feel about Folk Instruments? Specifically Japanese instruments?