Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A couple of days ago I was searching for old computer parts on eBay and since building computers from 0 has always been both my hobby and a small side job, I figured it would be interesting to share my PC and Console history.

Feel free to add in this thread your personal history with computers and consoles, mainly to show how you got here through the years.
Of course you don't have to remember every single detail or every part you had because it's pretty much impossible.

Here's my PC and Console history, or at least the parts I remember:

Atari 2600

The legendary 8 bit console was my first real electronic device and it was already ancient back then.
All I remember about it was me attempting to play Moon Patrol and failing miserably.

Commodore 64

All I remember about my first computer was the Datasette and me stealing dad's music tapes in his car thinking they were c64 tapes.
Oh and Boulder Dash, that game was absolutely awesome.

Amiga 500

Super Frog, The Secret of Monkey Island, Another World, New Zealand Story, Prince of Persia and most importantly Mortal Kombat 2!
The last one being a pain to play because divided in 4 floppies, at every final skill you had to insert a different floppy just to see the character performing it, then you had to re-insert the previous floppy to end the battle.
For masochists.

AM486 100Mhz(?), 8mb ram, Unknown Gpu, 500mb Hdd.

My absolute first real custom made pc.
I can't really remember much about this thing (THANK GOODNESS) except for the fact that it was as big as a truck but at the same time as slow as a herd of snails traveling through peanut butter.
I also remember it had a turbo button with a small display on the front case, probably to increase the speed.

Sony Play Station

Aka the best thing ever since sliced bread and still my favourite console even nowdays.
Fun to play solo and even more fun with your friends using the awesome multitap (Crash Team Racing I'm looking at you).
Most of my favourite games were on it and I kept using it untill it stopped working completely several years later.
Some of my favourite psx games included: FF series, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Spyro the Dragon, Wild Arms, Suikoden, Chrono Cross, Resident Evil 3, Xenogears, Tekken 3, Ape Escape and so many countless others.

Intel Celeron 733mhz, 128mb ram (upgraded to 256mb later), Nvidia TNT2 16mb (upgraded to an Unknown 64mb Ati Radeon later), 40gb Hdd.
Died with honor because it was upgraded a lot.

My second custom made pc and the machine that I upgraded by myself for the first time.
I remember that I wanted to play so badly Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 and Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos with it, but sadly my specs weren't good enough to run those games smoothly, so I decided to upgrade the ram and the gpu from 128 to 256mb and from 16 to 64mb respectively.
The upgrade really helped and the pc was performing already much better overall.

Sony Play Station 2

My last console before I fully moved into PC gaming.
Great overall but not as good as the original psx (according to my tastes).
I still enjoyed a lot of games on it though, like FFX, Kingdom Hearts, Shadow of the Colossus, Devil May Cry, GTA: Vice City, God of War and so many countless others.

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core (2.8 Ghz), 1gb ram (upgraded to 2gb later), Unknown Radeon Gpu with 128mb, 160gb Hdd.

It was a great machine when I first got it and lasted 5 full years before dying completely due to a sudden power failure.

AMD A8-3850 Llano Quad Core (2.9 Ghz), 4gb ram (upgraded to 8gb later), Ati Radeon HD 5770 1gb, 500gb Hdd.
I put the Gpu into another pc, this one now uses an integrated one.

Back in 2011 it was decently powerful and able to run almost any game at decent settings with that Gpu.
Today it's wayyyyy below average but still passable for random casual 2D gaming (even without a dedicated gpu) and light tasks.

AMD FX-6300 Hexacore (3.5 Ghz), 16gb ram (downgraded to 8gb later due to a ram slot on the motherboard being damaged), Nvidia GT 740 1gb (upgraded with the Radeon HD 5770 of the Llano later), 1tb Hdd.
The motherboard is not in a good state though, because one ram slot is gone.

Built from the ashes of my brother's supposedly defunct pc, it works decently nowdays despite the motherboard's condition.
I use it mostly for casual 3D gaming and it gets the job done for the most part, without too much detail of course and while completely ignoring the latest AAA games!
It's used as a pseudo Steam Machine now.

Intel Core i7 6700 (3.4 Ghz), 16gb ram, Nvidia Gtx 960 4gb, 1tb Hdd.

There isn't much to say about this one, it's a legit powerful machine with a great cpu and a decently good gpu.
It's perfectly capable to handle even demanding games like The Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight and Shadow of Mordor on Ultra Detail and 1080p.

Dell XPS 13 2in1 9365
Intel Core i7 7y75, 8gb ram, Intel HD 615, Samsung SSD 256gb

My first ever laptop (actually a convertible ultrabook) thin, ultra-portable, versatile, with good battery life, energy efficient, silent, with pretty good specs and performance for such a small (13 inches) device.
A small laptop-tablet hybrid with premium design, excellent keyboard, perfectly suitable for rming, and also compatible with a Wacom Stylus Pen that transforms it into a decent digital tablet.
Of course it can't handle demanding games but it's good enough for random light gaming and perfect for business and everything else.

That's all about my stuff! What about you guys?
Feel free to share here the history of your PC and Consoles and how you got what you have now.

Last edited:

JGreene

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like you I've had all kinds of computers and consoles over the years. Can't really remember the dates and lifespans that well, but...

Started out with a Dreamcast and PlayStation, then an N64, PlayStation 2, Xbox, then Xbox 360. Never upgraded to the Xbox One or PS4 as I became more interested in PC gaming.

What I have now:
AMD FX-4100 Quadcore (3.6 GHz), 8gb RAM, Radeon R9 270X 2gb, 1tb HDD

Super old as far as technology is concerned, but it still runs like a dream and plays most current games at relatively high settings. Luckily I work on computers as a side hobby, and have a degree in the field as well. Ya know, in case anything breaks... Because you know it will! :stickytongue:

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My first video game console was the NES, shortly followed by the SNES. I've bought every Nintendo console and handheld as they launched (well, obviously it was my mom when I was really young). My hunt for a Wii was particularly memorable. Around, 2004ish is when I started going back and scrounging up older SEGA and Sony consoles at garage sales and pawn shops. I got my Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation, and PS2 that way. My fiance came to college with an XBox 360 and we traded that in for our PS3 and have since then bought a Wii U, PS4, and Nintendo Switch together. Oh! We got our 3DSs together too! He was a Sony kid and I was a Nintendo kid so between us we have some duplicates now. All of them work except my Sega Genesis, but it will still give you basic cable.

Growing up I mostly only used computers for school assignments. I learned word processing at school on various old Apple computers. My family didn't have a computer until 2000 and it ran Windows Millennium. I didn't use it very much. We didn't have the Internet until 2003 and at that time I started using the computer a little bit more. I mostly used the computer for music notation and Ragnarok Online. It ran XP and my family rode that thing into the sunset for several years. My dad was still using various parts from it as of a few years ago. My very first personal computer was a Dell Inspiron laptop I bought when I went to college. It came with Vista and I specifically remember staying up till midnight the launch of Windows 7 because my laptop only had 3GB of RAM. My notation software needed 2 GB so with Vista being so greedy...

After that, I've owned various laptops and built my first desktop in 2015. Most of my computers still work, but you wouldn't want to use some of them.

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll try my best to remember, although exact years won't happen.

Picture it! Sicily, 1902.

Just kidding. Now, if you can figure out the reference I just made there, gratz! You're an old person like me that watched re-runs of this show.

Anyway, so my first console was the NES, same as Meg, with my second being the SNES as well. Difference? I owned the original gray Gameboy between them, with Tetris, Super Mario Land 1 & 2 and Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening in my library. For the NES, I never got that many games because my father was not very giving. My mother was the one that got me my original NES, which I still own. I had Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, Tetris, Zelda I & II, original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles (by Ultra, not the Arcade port by Konami), Super Mario Bros. II & III and Championship Bowling. Not sure why we had that, but it was fun regardless. Still have the Mario/Duck Hunt combo cart, Tetris, Zelda II and Bowling. All the others are gone, sadly.

Around that time, I got my first real computer. The previous one was an old Epson that I can't remember the model or specs for it at all. It was classic black screen with green text, had a Tanks game on the 5 1/2in floppies and was more potato than most computers out there at the time. Eventually it broke down and since I had no way of knowing how to fix it, at the time, we eventually got rid of it and got a Packard Bell Legend 10 CD. I remember this one vividly since it was the first one I fixed, tinkered with and grew a passion for computers with.

It had a Intel 486 SX2 50Mhz CPU, 4MB of onboard RAM (no RAM modules installed), an 80MB HDD, a 4x CD-ROM, which was still new at the time, 14.4kbps modem, which never saw any use and the onboard GPU, which I didn't even know was a thing back then. Was probably part of the VIA chipset back them. Not sure. Either way, it ran Windows 3.11 Windows for Workgroups and was awesome. At one point, I had to fix the PC myself since something went wrong while I was working on it and was threatened, by my father, that if I didn't fix it, I wouldn't use another computer ever again. Little did I know at the time that he never stuck to his threats, but regardless, this was a fun thing to do.

Back then, you couldn't just insert the installation CD and go. In fact, this computer was one of the first to use installation of Windows via a CD. Before then and even some time after, it was done with floppies. I had installed MS-DOS 6.22 first, installed the CD-ROM driver and got the installation disc to read and re-install Windows 3.11. Eureka! It was a success and since then, I had been tinkering with computers ever since.

Eventually, I got the Gameboy Color and got Pokemon Yellow somewhere, the SNES not long after the original Gameboy and I had Mega Man X, Super Mario World and the Super Gameboy. All other games I had to rent. After that came a new Packard Bell. Intel Pentium 150Mhz CPU, 8MB of RAM, which I eventually upgraded to 32MB, can't remember the HDD nor the video card, which I think was also integrated, and it came with the successor to my previous card which was Aztech Audio 16 and it came with the Aztech Audio 2320. Improved sound quality and general awesomeness. Came with Windows 95 pre-installed, but later on I put Windows 98 SE on it. Was my most favorite computer and system for a long time. Also got the Playstation, original, around that time, but didn't own any games for it for a long time, until I got the Greatest Hits version of FF7. Rented everything, most times. Couldn't save my data for a while since I had no memory card. When I got one, things were awesome again.

Skip ahead to when we left my fathers house. We had sold my SNES and games for some extra money before leaving and I can't remember why. It wasn't to leave, but it was for something important. I was heart broken. Forgotten about the fact that I had the Sega GameGear, which I exchanged for something stupid when I was a kid. Anyway, I ended up upgrading my second Packard Bell to a Presario with a Celeron. Was great, but it came with Windows ME, so not that great. Once it bit the dust, and we moved to Colorado, I got myself a computer that I bought from someone else. I was fixing it for them, but I had forgotten about it because life became busy. Eventually, a few years after, the person remembered and I told her I'd buy it off her. Deal was done, I got the PC and it stayed my main PC until I got my current potato. It was an Athlon XP 2.4Ghz CPU with Windows XP Home, 256MB of RAM, when I first got it and upgraded to 1GB, a SoundBlaster Live 5.1 audio card, an old Geforce ????, since I can't remember what it once had, and so on and so on. It was great. I loved it a lot, but eventually I needed something better. Enter my current potato.

Before I talk about it, though, eventually I got a GBA SP, a new SNES, a Genesis, which didn't last very long, and an N64. I only still have the SNES and N64. The GBA SP I gave away as a gift. My current potato, aka Jennifer, is a Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz 4c/4t, 8GB of RAM, EVGA Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512MB and using the onboard Realtek HD Audio, which is actually pretty good. Connected to a 19" 900p LCD monitor from Acer. This thing has served me well for quite some time, but now I'm upgrading. More on that in a sec. After that, I got my Wii from my younger sister, which she could not get to work on her TV cuz of the inputs and didn't want to be bothered, I bought a brand new PS2 from K-Mart just before they could not longer be bought from local major retail outlets, a pawned PSP and now I have, also, a Raspberry Pi 2 as my web server, my Pi 3 as my main device for streaming content from my PC or online content providers like YT and Twitch, for my retro gaming platform and as a makeshift Linux OS when the need strikes me and a Pi Zero which currently has no use until I buy other things I need for it.

Finally, we come to present day. My new PC, which will get the name Trisha when she's complete, will have a Pentium G4560 3.5Ghz 2c/4t CPU, Zotac Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Dual-Fan OC Edition, Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H motherboard, 8GB of RAM which will be upgraded to 16GB and eventually 32GB when I get better parts and a Corsair 450w 80+ Bronze Semi-Modular PSU, once the replacement comes in, and a beautiful TEESERACT Deep Cool black mATX case with two clear blue LED case fans and a side window. Right now I can't use her since the PSU that first came in was defective, but hopefully that won't be the case with the replacement. As soon as she's finished, I'll be ready to develop games and play my favorite MMO again.

So yeah, that's my history with game consoles and PC's. I'm sure I'm leaving some out, but there has been so many PC's and various game console changes that I can't remember them. Probably missed about 3 or 4 PC's between the Presario and the Athlon XP. As for consoles, that's pretty much on the spot.

And there ya go! Lordy...

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll try my best to remember, although exact years won't happen.

Picture it! Sicily, 1902.

Just kidding. Now, if you can figure out the reference I just made there, gratz! You're an old person like me that watched re-runs of this show.

Reruns?!? rolls eyes I used to look forward to the new episodes each week.

And on that vein of just how old I am, the first computer or "device" I can remember ever using was pretty much this. I was in kindergarten and my sister and I got our picture on the front page of the newspaper for playing on this new computer - very likely, the first student computer in our school.

B0rdv6E.jpg

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, the first Apple I really played with was an old Apple IIe. No mouse, black and white screen for typing class and old as hell. It's just not one I owned, haha! I remember the more modern Mac OS 7-9 PC's that had old games on them. Was a lot of fun. Only time I ever liked anything Apple related.

EDIT:
Found the Epson we had! Kinda surprised I could find it. QX10 and here's a picture of it.

Epson_QX10_System_s2.jpg

Last edited:

Rainbowwings

Lady Fair Gamer; Anarchist
Reaction score
First Language
Parolian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As far as using goes, I've pretty much used every generation of computer and console one could name, short of Commodore and Amiga.

Ownership?

I've owned two computers, the first was a dated Windows XP machine with no internet, that failed on me with a ChkDsk basically screwing the HDD.

The other one is the Dell desktop I'm using to write this post with, that I've had for a couple years. It's crap, refurbed and easily attacked by malware, but as poor as I am, I was lucky to be able to buy it.

Consoles.

I had an NES from when I was a toddler, and had it for a long time. I also owned an SNES, which I ended up selling. I've had a Game Boy Color (miss it-stolen), Game Boy Advance (gone), GBASP (still have it but the battery won't charge), DS Lite (missing a stylus), PSP (it's broken now), PSX (it still works after 20 years!!), PS2 (Meh, kinda works), PS3 (YLOD).

Never have I owned any Xbox iterations, and if I ever did, I would only for a few Xbox exclusive games that I like (Halo, Gears of War), and for Guitar Hero. Yes, I am a huge fan of that rhythm game series, and will always be, even if Guitar Hero LIVE is not the same (but still a really cool idea).

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sadly I just found out today that my project work and development pc hard drive crashed and is toast.....
giphy.gif

so my project PC hard drive crashed. Is there anyone that can get my stuff off the drive?? Copy it? hocus Pocus, abracadabra on it? Anything

Darkanine

...In my thoughts and in my dreams...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My first gaming console was an Atari Jaguar, oddly enough. It wasn't really mine per say, it was my sisters. Back then all of our consoles were in a basement so even though she owned it, we all shared it. A little later we got a Nintendo 64. I was only around 4 or 5 at the time, but I remember it pretty vividly. My dad bought it so of course the gaming selection was a little hardcore. Mortal Kombat 64 and Quake 64 was all we owned, until a little later where he bought Diddy Kong Racing for my older sisters. Quake 64 was great, I'm surprised my parents didn't freak out over me playing it, considering they refused to let me play GTA or World of Warcraft util I was 16.

Later, we got a Gamecube. Again, it technically wasn't my console, but my other older sisters console, which she got for her 16th birthday. We only owned one game, and what game was Super Smash Bros: Melee. My God we played that game a lot, I remember when I would wake up to see her playing Melee (back then, I slept in the living room of our house). I always remembered the fact that she only played as Peach.

On my 10th birthday, I got a PS2. My first game for it was Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy and what a game to start out on. However, my family was very poor back then, we couldn't even afford running water, internet or TV, let alone video games. For a good few years, I pretty much just played Sonic Adventure 2 and Jak and Daxter.

After I turned 11, at daycare, a kid I barely knew walked up to me and gave me a GBA. I swear this happened. I think he felt bad because earlier I owned a GBA which some bullies broke by throwing it in the middle of the road, but my memory is super fuzzy on the entire thing. Anywho, the GBA came with Megaman Battle Network 4, which got me into the series which I enjoy to this day.

Sadly, I lost the GBA in the moving process to my previous house. Eventually I got a Wii for Christmas, which I pretty much just used to play Gamecube games and Opoona for a few years. After my dad broke it as a punishment, I didn't really play any console game for awhile, instead I got really into flash games.

Flash forward to the now. I own a PS TV and my dad owns a PS4. I don't really play video games that much anymore and usually read or chat with friends to past the time.

On the computer side of things, I got my first laptop when I turned 14. It was just a hand-me-down from my Mom, though. It was clearly dying, screen barely hit up and died within a month. I later got another laptop, which was pretty powerful, fast and reliable. Sadly, my niece broke it by accident when she was 3. I got a really cheap, buggy, crash prone and weak one after that, which just a few months ago died on me. My new laptop is stable, but very weak.

Gallia

Global Support
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The first "Consoles" i had was the Sega Genesis, and Commodore 64 if you can call it an console (i had lots of cardridges).
I played on those when i was very young, after i moved with my family to another place then we gave them away i think, i don't exactly know what happened to those.

Then i was stuck with a Gameboy (the ugly brick with puke green screen) i gave that one to my sis.
I had a Gameboy Color, it was broken after a while (buttons didn't respond).
I had a Gameboy Advance, which ended up broken (screen was broken).
Then i had my Gameboy Advance Sp, which i sold several years ago.
Around the time i had the SP i bought a Gamecube, that console was so awesome, but i sold it several years ago.
I had a Wii, also sold it years ago.
I had an Original DS, sold it because i didn't use it often.
I had a PSP, great system, but sold it like 7 years ago.
I then had a Xbox360, it was a piece of junk, it broke down and i still sold it ....bad me :kaosalute:
Then i had a Ps3, i had it for a good half year, noticed all games i wanted to own were unavailable, then sold it.
I had a WiiU for maybe 6 months, sold it as there were no good game when it came out, and overall didn't enjoy playing with it..
In the end i stopped buying consoles as i'm busy most of the times, and i use Pc's most of the time, so i'm now a full PC gamer, and i don't regret it, a lot of games i had are available (except console exclusives).

KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
........U guys are awesome:kaocry:

When I was a toddler, I have Famicom. I was too suck to play games like Mario, Contra, Batman and Tetris. I watched my mom playing Tetris and Star Force, watched my big bro and big sis playing Shadow of the Ninja, and sometimes they borrowed few games from my neighbour next door.

When I was a kid, my parents bought a desktop PC with Win95. I was still suck to install game, my big bro plays MDK, big sis plays Tomb Raider, and I play Rayman.

When I was teenage, my big bro bought PS2. Too many game I donno what to play, until I got my favorite, Metal Gear Solid 3.

Now, I have second-hand desktop PC for my repairing project and my hobby for RPG Maker. And my lil sister own PS4 to play FFXV. I'm waiting for Undertale PS4

Ebontope

Plays video games too much to be productive.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gosh... I don't even remember how long my PC's lasted. All I know is that I've owned several throughout my life, and I've owned this one for less than a year. I wasn't allowed to own any video game consoles either, aside from a few handhelds.

I first owned a Gameboy Colour, but I eventually upgraded it to a Gameboy Advance. I've played on that one for ages, because I didn't get any other handhelds until the Nintendo 3DS. Sadly though I've hardly used the 3DS, having only played it for Pokémon Black 2, Pokémon Sun and Miitopia thus far.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Lol I'll come back to this once I'm at a computer and get a complete rundown on my computer graveyard XD

But in short - my first was a Macintosh Plus. Awesome bday gift I wanted to trick out but I ended up breaking it moving it from one room to another. Should've used the case it came in >_<#
Once I found out I couldn't save enough at my minimum wage job to get another one (back when it was $4.50/hr gah I'm showing my age here ) I got a compaq that had a pentium pro in it. I kept tinkering with it over time until I put in a pentium 3 and it finally blew lol . I had various compaq desktops and laptops (like the contura 430 c until I overclocked that one to death too) but no persarios unless given one lol. then later switched to dells for awhile and they drove me nuts. Went back to hp/compaq until they stopped making them and now I'm mainly rolling hp (elite or probooks i like. I hate the 15s ugh). I have a few Chinese clones (gifu onda and huwei) and they get the job done...

As for consoles.... I'll update later lol I got more for that one too

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
PCs is too long a list. To shorten it, I had a Commodore 64 and a whole slew of IBM compatibles and Windows PCs. I also had a good friend with a TRS-80 so I spent a lot of time on that as well.

Game consoles are a little more interesting:
Atari 2600
ColecoVision
NES
SNES
Sega Genesis
Playstation
Playstation 2

After the PS2, gaming took a different path and I kind of lost interest in it. I guess that's when I became a retro gamer.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I keep forgetting the c64 isn't a console lol (in my mind it is). I had one of those bad boys and a vic 20. Also had my all time fav the Tandy! (Radio Shack was up the street from me so I got all sorts of neato stuff back in the day lol)
[Geeked]
I liked the 3 speaker system on the Tandy the music I made was so choice XD but making music on the c64 was not fun. I peeked and poked two systems into failure that way... At the time I couldn't wrap my head around it. But I'm getting off track.... [end geeking out]

Astel

The (grey) knight with that funny look
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't remember the years... it was centuries ago :kaoswt:

Consoles
1- Mattel Intellivision / MIA
2- NES / Inside a box, still works
3- SNES / AC cable missing
4- Gameboy aka "the brick" / sold
5- Nintendo 64 / sold
6- Sony Playstation / broken inside a box
7- Gameboy Advance / somewhere in my room
8- GB Advance SP / somewhere in my room
9- Nintendo DS / somewhere in my room
10- Nintendo Wii / hooked to TV
11- Playstation 3 / hooked to TV
12- Xbox One / hooked to TV
However, I noticed that I don't care about consoles anymore.:kaoangry:

PCs
1- Acer whatever 486 / MIA
2- Generic Pentium 4 / Somewhere in my room, broken
3- Laptop Toshiba barely usable / In pieces in a drawer
4- Assembled myself, forgot the specs, it was AMD? :kaoswt: / Destroyed by a cat, don't ask...
5- Laptop Lenovo / Rarely used
6- Dell Inspiron 3647 / Here I am.
7- Still thinking

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
NES=>Genesis=>PSX=>Every system in existence after this (Don't have a Switch or XBOne yet though)

Computer wise I think the first computer we had was a 486.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can say that I am impressed Dalph. We share similar experience through the years.

First contact was a Nintendo:

nintendo-game---watch---wide-screen---popeye--loose-with-box--p-image-298464-grande.jpg

Second one was a console. Emmerson Arcadia 2001 and three games. I rememer Escape and Cat Trax.
Emerson-Arcadia-2001.jpg

Then follows Commodore Amiga. Loved K-240, Dune2, Mortal Kombat, Battle Squadron, Superforg, Baby Jo in going home, Leander, Elf, Elvira Mistress of the Dark, The Secret of Monkey Island, Loom, Zak McKracken and the alien mindbenders, Wonder Boy in Monsterland, Stardust, F-19 Stealth Fighter, Pioneers, Virocop, Turrican 3, Rick Dangerous 2, Chuck Rock 1 and 2 and many more.
1200px-Amiga500_system.jpg

Later I built myself an AMD 486DX @ 100MHz with a low quality VGA graphics card and if I recall right, the system had either 16 or 32 MB RAM.
Did some qbasic stuff on that system and played a few games.

Then I owned a Sony Playstation.
Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy 7 and 8, Gex, Spyro, Metal Gear Solid, Vandal Hearts, Time Crisis 2, Colin Mc Rae Rally, Ace Combat...

Then I got an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ with a decent graphics card and enough RAM to play games like Neverwinter Nights but I also
got a Playstation 2. PS2 was a disappointment. I was expecting more. Especially while I had to wait a YEAR to be fixed (the lens were problematic) and then the lens were broken again after 1 month.

So decided to become a pure PC user (I still love Amiga more than anything) and built a PC that I still have. My previous one.
4 GB of RAM, Athlon 64 Dual Core, with a good Nvidia card on it, I dont remember all the specs but it can play Oblivion and stuff like that like a charm.

I thought, hey! I can buy a hand held console, cause I was travelling to go to College. Well, why not? Second disappointment was the PSP I bought and was really a very sensitive hand held product that had its controllers malfuntion after a year. Lesson learned, I should had stuck with
my first decision.

Finally, since the last 6 months, I own a lovely PC.
Intel i7=7700K
16 GB Ram @ 2133MHz
GTX 1060 with 6GB RAM
And my very first SSD

Nowadays I play-played what I could not and missed, like:
Bioshock: Infinite
Fallout 4
Euro Truck Simulator 2
Skyrim
Saints Row 3 and 4
Terraria and Minecraft are of course staples...
and if you missed me, its cause I Overwatch a lot!
I will soon be back though to finish what I left in the middle.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another unscheduled stream for Lightestone~ this time because we hit affiliate! Aaaahh- So other than the game we're also going to work on emotes/badges/etc!

www.twitch.tv/riazey
Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:
So I'm resuming work on the Shadowstar Trilogy. I've decided that it will take place between the end of G4 and the start of G5, and two of the Lost Rulers will be Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer (who is the moon princess in my AU).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lark_Larkington