Your scariest experience?

Isabella Ava

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi, want to share some scary experiences? Scary thing that you had seen, felt, sensed that chilled down your spine.
Well, last night i dozed on the floor in my room, i dreamed that my sister lied beside me. She held my arm so tightly that i couldn't even move it, i tried to look at her face but somehow my view couldn't reach further than her neck onward.
I struggled so hard then i suddenly awoke, my sister wasn't there however in my palm was my glasses (it was in my right palm? I swear i always hold my glasses in my left palm while sleeping, how could it was in my right palm?)
Then i throw an eye on the window in my room, it was wide open (it was 10pm that time), yeah nothing unusual, just tree branches waved in winds.
that's when my spine suddenly chilled down and felt like... something(someone?) reached its hand from outside through my window, picked my glass in my left palm and put it in my right palm.
Well, who knows.

Last edited:

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Lol I can't tell you half the scary experiences I've had (despite my being a lame programmer now I lived a very interesting life).
All I can say is one day I woke up in a locked room full of dead gerbils (really!). I don't like small enclosed spaces or rodents for a reason ._.

JtheDuelist

Just a dev who actually got a game finished
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One time I was in a public bathroom with the stall door shut and locked. Just as I turned around after finishing my business, the door unlocked itself and swung open on its own. I looked around to see if it was someone who was trying to get into the stall I was in because they needed to go (it was the only stall in the bathroom, btw), but I was the only one in there. I was honestly spooked. Maybe a ghost was impatient and had to answer nature's call... Who knows... I always tell this story when people mention they think they had an encounter with a ghost.

JtheDuelist

Just a dev who actually got a game finished
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kaukusaki This was the bathroom at a speech correction facility (I was there because I had to take my bro there once a week when he was younger many, many moons ago)... And this happened in the same place and time at least three times- the two after the first was on the last two weeks I ever had to go there. Maybe the ghost of an ex-patient who needed to whiz haunts that bathroom...

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was going to say that the two near death experiences I've had (one in which I was actually dead for 3+ minutes) were the scariest experiences I've ever had, but that would've been a lie. Those moments were not ones of fear and dread, for I was in a place in which I longed for death - a release from the hopeless situation of starving to death on the streets. No, the scariest experience I've ever had, when I truly felt fear, was when I experienced my first visual hallucinations.

You can't forget such an experience, especially not when they have hounded you ever since. I was homeless at the time and, after experiencing just how unsafe it was to sleep exposed on the streets, was sleeping in the small cemetary in Harrow London. It was out of the way, and few people went through it after dark, so I was far safer than when I was sleeping in the streets at the bottom of the hill. I had started to experience voices and hallucinations to a small degree before this (it started after being exposed to freezing rain, falling unconscious, and experiencing a strange dream), fleeting shadows and strange shapes just out of sight, and voices mimicking people I knew. I was once convinced a friend (now ex-friend) had told me our bus had arrived, and saw a vague shadow dart on to a bus. Naturally, I followed, only to discover my friend wasn't there at all, and got strange looks from the driver. These smaller scale hallucinations weren't scary, though, they were confusing.

It was a few nights after that strange dream, seeing the fleeting shadows and hearing the disembodied voices, that I found myself, once more, in the graveyard at the top of the hill. The first thing I recall was the smell. It was horrific, like nothing I'd ever smelt before. Then came the chorus of whispers which seemed to come from all directions, but which were utterly incomprehensible. It died down after a while, and then the distant scratching sounds came. Well, I say scratching, but it sounded like a mix between something sharp against wood and stone, and something digging. That also grew louder and closer, and then I saw them for the first time - humanoid shapes crawling from beneath the ground, and the shadows of the tombstones just beyond the reach of the lights dotting the footpath. I could hear them calling me, their whispers were so overwhelming that I could barely hear the sound of anything else, I could also smell them - they had the same horrific scent as before. They slowly approached me, and I ran. I could hear them commanding me to return as I fled. Never went back to that place, and have only entered graveyards during the day since.

I still see them sometimes, outside my window, just beyond the reach of the light. I've encountered them while outside, too (usually during winter when it gets dark early), saw them crawl out of bodies of water, and heard them calling from within the dark places where no light exists. When my mental health gets very bad, I've seen them crawl out of the mirror in my bathroom and heard them scratching at the door. They look vaguely humanoid in form, but with more disturbing hapes. The most defined one I've ever seen was a year or so ago, it was no longer just a shadow like the rest, but had deathly pale skin, black pits where eyes should be, and its mouth was forced into a disturbing grin.

They're not as common as they once were, but they still come, and when they do I feel like a child trying to hide from the bogeyman, or a monster 'neath the bed. I don't like feeling so afraid and powerless.

Last edited:

Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
A full-blown psychedelic experience sending me to the void, which felt like the core of all manifestation. The experience was more horrific than anything that could possibly happen in the "real world."

I remember just being there alone, as a thinking dot of sorts, having become aware of the apparent dreamlike nature of reality. Time ceased to exist, or rather, it was revealed there never was any thing called time. It was all in my head. Physical laws became nothing but established concepts I had manifested in my mind. Simultaneously, I was immersing myself to this self-made lore of existence. Other people and objects were an endless string of mirror images of my original self.

Later, I found out the Mandelbrot fractal zoom animations. They describe the visual side of the experience pretty well. However, I had all five senses and a couple of more I didn't know existed involved.

The experience was profound and mind shattering, and I ended up being in a psychosis 2 years after. The philosophical backstory of my games (the Labyronia series) is also based around this event.

Isabella Ava

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@The Stranger really? you'd been through really scary things. I think you should go train Gym or some Material Art, it will make you feel more confident.
@Labyrinthine take a look at "Mandelbrot fractal zoom" but i am not really sure i understand about it :/ never thought there was this type of scare

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Isabella Ava It's not something knowing how to fight can help with. These shadows evoke a primal sense of dread and terror, overwhelming the senses and making logical decisions nearly impossible. So, it's not a matter of confidence when it comes to being confronted by these monsters. I am undergoing therapy to help with my social anxiety, however.

flashbax

Just some dude
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've had a few events put me on edge over the years.

At age 10 my step mom attempted to kill me in a drunken rage (had me lifted off the ground in a double choke hold)

around the age of 15 came across a mountain lion after it had killed a mule deer (we were tracking a small group of lobo wolves, needless to say we got out of there asap)

Been seconds away from a multi-car pileup at 75mph (thankfully all involved were able to adjust to the situation and not a single car touched another)

1999 had a crack addict put a gun to my head while a small group of us teens were walking to 7-11 (las vegas). I don't think he was going to do anything, but yeah, pretty scary

robhr

come on die young
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A full-blown psychedelic experience sending me to the void, which felt like the core of all manifestation. The experience was more horrific than anything that could possibly happen in the "real world."

I remember just being there alone, as a thinking dot of sorts, having become aware of the apparent dreamlike nature of reality. Time ceased to exist, or rather, it was revealed there never was any thing called time. It was all in my head. Physical laws became nothing but established concepts I had manifested in my mind. Simultaneously, I was immersing myself to this self-made lore of existence. Other people and objects were an endless string of mirror images of my original self.

Later, I found out the Mandelbrot fractal zoom animations. They describe the visual side of the experience pretty well. However, I had all five senses and a couple of more I didn't know existed involved.

The experience was profound and mind shattering, and I ended up being in a psychosis 2 years after. The philosophical backstory of my games (the Labyronia series) is also based around this event.
Was it salvia? Sounds like a pretty average salvia trip.

I'm not sure if I want to share my scariest experience. Maybe I'll just give you the cliff notes... These guys, they wanted to rape and torture me to death, but I managed to avoid them by the skin of my teeth and now they're no longer a problem. I'll get through anything by the skin of my teeth. That's the reason for my PTSD that I've mentioned in another topic.

Labyrinthine

Artist/ Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Was it salvia? Sounds like a pretty average salvia trip.

I'm not sure if I want to share my scariest experience. Maybe I'll just give you the cliff notes... These guys, they wanted to rape and torture me to death, but I managed to avoid them by the skin of my teeth and now they're no longer a problem. I'll get through anything by the skin of my teeth. That's the reason for my PTSD that I've mentioned in another topic.
It was LSD. Your experience reminded me I was also tortured IRL for about an hour, in a killing attempt from a stranger who was in the end stopped by the police. Got a PTSD from that one, but it was still manageable. This was one of the worst killing attempts I've had the honor to take part of, but there's been three of them all in all.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Darn us devs been through a lot and now trying to live lame normal lives. Lol no wonder we game to escape.

Zebestian

Noisemaker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
scary experiences? My sooicide attempts and nearly dying from them, need I explain more?
:kaocry:I think it's probably best not to talk about that... All my love, hun!:kaoluv:

So... here's my story for you:
The first time was when I was around 11 years old. I was splashing about in the garden pool of a befriended family. This was already a pretty big step for me because I was always afraid of water. So afraid, I wouldn't let it get near my head or face (always had to put a washcloth on my face when I washed my hair). Fast forward about half an hour of me being in the pool. I hear some faint, far away buzzing and shrug it off. I mean, we are outside, so there's some bugs out here for sure. Next thing I hear is the garden owner shouting from the other side of the garden "oh ****, we got a hornet nest here"! I panic. Hard. My fear of hornets trumped my fear of water by far. Suddenly the buzzing comes closer and I freeze. The buzzing gets louder and I feel something landing on my head. A split second later I'm completely underwater hoping that the hornet was gone. The only problem I had was, that I didn't realize I was diving. I was still in shock. I probably would've drowned if my dad hadn't dragged me out of the pool when he did.

So yeah. Ever since then I've been fine with water.

Isabella Ava

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
:kaocry:I think it's probably best not to talk about that... All my love, hun!:kaoluv:

So... here's my story for you:
The first time was when I was around 11 years old. I was splashing about in the garden pool of a befriended family. This was already a pretty big step for me because I was always afraid of water. So afraid, I wouldn't let it get near my head or face (always had to put a washcloth on my face when I washed my hair). Fast forward about half an hour of me being in the pool. I hear some faint, far away buzzing and shrug it off. I mean, we are outside, so there's some bugs out here for sure. Next thing I hear is the garden owner shouting from the other side of the garden "oh ****, we got a hornet nest here"! I panic. Hard. My fear of hornets trumped my fear of water by far. Suddenly the buzzing comes closer and I freeze. The buzzing gets louder and I feel something landing on my head. A split second later I'm completely underwater hoping that the hornet was gone. The only problem I had was, that I didn't realize I was diving. I was still in shock. I probably would've drowned if my dad hadn't dragged me out of the pool when he did.

So yeah. Ever since then I've been fine with water.
Err.. i am glad that you overpassed the fear of water. That's kinda scary, yeah :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who loves the Final Fantasy series?~
Weather and time system twin release. Now with weather icons and possibility to add them in your custom clock!
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders is finally being ported to PC. I loved playing that game on the original Xbox.
A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RpgMaking321