Your thoughts about a particular concept

Discussion in 'Game Mechanics Design' started by Hyouryuu-Na, Oct 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyouryuu-Na

Hyouryuu-Na Poker-faced creepy girl Veteran

First Language:
    Bangla
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi! I got an idea some days ago and it's actually quite fitting for the environment in my game. But, I thought it's a little too tiring for the player so I thought it'd be better to ask here and get opinions from others about it. The thing is, I want to make an area filled with poison gas. The player needs to walk around here to get some essential items and solve some puzzles. But for that they must hold their breath for a specific time. After that, he/she will need to leave that place to get some fresh air. And come back again, if the item wasn't obtained or if the puzzle wasn't solved. The environment will be pretty dark, since it's a horror game and I guess the player will have some trouble finding the exit and going out within that time. So, how'd you feel if you had to run around holding your breath,looking for items in an area filled with poison gas and running out just as you're about to lose your breath over and over again?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  2. Dirge

Dirge Sound Engineer Veteran

First Language:
    English, German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Depending on balancing, it could be very frustrating, or very rewarding. I'd put a system in place where if they die there a couple times, give them the option to skip the room or something.

3. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Asking for feedback on a specific idea for a specific, individual game, is for 'Ideas and Prototypes'. As that section is moderated, I cannot move this thread there.

Please read the Rules and Guidelines for that section and decide if you want to make a new thread or to post in "Ideas that don't deserve their own thread."

Closing, as cannot be moved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.