Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I got an idea some days ago and it's actually quite fitting for the environment in my game. But, I thought it's a little too tiring for the player so I thought it'd be better to ask here and get opinions from others about it. The thing is, I want to make an area filled with poison gas. The player needs to walk around here to get some essential items and solve some puzzles. But for that they must hold their breath for a specific time. After that, he/she will need to leave that place to get some fresh air. And come back again, if the item wasn't obtained or if the puzzle wasn't solved. The environment will be pretty dark, since it's a horror game and I guess the player will have some trouble finding the exit and going out within that time. So, how'd you feel if you had to run around holding your breath,looking for items in an area filled with poison gas and running out just as you're about to lose your breath over and over again?

Last edited:

Dirge

Sound Engineer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Depending on balancing, it could be very frustrating, or very rewarding. I'd put a system in place where if they die there a couple times, give them the option to skip the room or something.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Asking for feedback on a specific idea for a specific, individual game, is for 'Ideas and Prototypes'. As that section is moderated, I cannot move this thread there.

Please read the Rules and Guidelines for that section and decide if you want to make a new thread or to post in "Ideas that don't deserve their own thread."

[mod] Closing, as cannot be moved.[/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally finished my late start entry for the jam. Now. I. Sleep.
Just made 3 easy, simple and small MZ plugins today(12 hours straight), and I never thought I could ever do this.
Now I feel myself being very productive, even though I know I'm just utterly flattering myself lol
Mind: "I have cool ideas! Let's make it real!

Body: "You wanna make sumthin? I'm in."

Eyes: "Go to sleep, go to sleep."

*Sleep*
Hey, guys! Do you want to hear a riddle? If so, go to this link!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gannonremnant