Orb

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
The kind of music I always listen to is, mostly, instrumentals. When studying, reading, or working, music always helps me to focus, find inspiration, or relax, and video game music is not an exception to this rule.

Share with us your top 5 video games themes of all times (include a link if possible so everyone else can listen to it), it can be any song from any video game that you really enjoy.

RULES (just to make it a bit more interesting... you don't have to follow these, lol):
  • You can't use two songs from the same video game title, but you can include two from the same franchise
  • Any video game is accepted
  • 8 bits songs are also allowed
  • If you liked all the OST of the videogame, you have to choose only 1 track. The one you liked the most.

These are my top 5:

Final Fantasy VII - Bombing Mission (Remastered)
The FF7 remake announcement during the E3 wouldn't have been the same without such an amazing piece of art. The original song was very ahead of its time, but the remastered version is just amazing. Hearing the trumpets and going back to the times when you first played FF7 in your old psx is just a nostalgic experience.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Hyrule field
I had trouble deciding between this one and the main theme of skyward sword. I have to say, out of all zelda themes, this is the one I enjoy the most. I'm not sure why, I guess it has to do with that feeling of excitement that I have everytime I imagine myself riding Epona through the fields of Hyrule, while listening to this epic and iconic song

Journey - Nascense
A simply beautiful song for a simply beautiful game. An instrumental that combines mystery, fantasy, and many other feelings that could only be explained through the gameplay of Journey.

World of Warcraft - Mists of Pandaria cinematic music
To ask why we fight... ... is to ask why the leaves fall. It is in their nature. Perhaps, there is a better question.
Why do we fight? To protect Home, and Family... To preserve Balance, and bring Harmony
For my kind, the true question is: What is worth fighting for?

Kingdom Hearts - Dearly Beloved
I could listen to this theme for hours, and I actually have. It's calm, inspiring, and epic without being noisy. Just a masterpiece.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I'm going to take the approach of "name the top overall song from my overall favorite soundtracks." So, if I list the one song, I think the whole OST is absolute gold. No particular order.

"Fi's Theme" Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
"Kaza No Ne" Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
"Beneath the Mask" Persona 5 (very recent game, but fast favorite OST)
"Twoson" Earthbound
"Fear Factory" Donkey Kong Country

This was hard. I left off a lot of songs that could have easily gone in here for me. Realistically, I'd probably need a top 20 at the very least. :kaoback:

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
What?! Not the same game? But, pretty much all my favorites are in FF6...

So here's one... It's the best I can do for now, if I think of more I'll add

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not really top 5 but 5 that really stand out in my memory

(So upbeat I love this one!)
(Emotional I get lost in thoughts)
(Powerful theme I love the vocal)
(A pretty sad theme but I never forget it)
(This one makes me emotional and powerful)

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not really top 5 but 5 that really stand out in my memory

(So upbeat I love this one!)
(Emotional I get lost in thoughts)
(Powerful theme I love the vocal)
(A pretty sad theme but I never forget it)
(This one makes me emotional and powerful)

Ahh! Suikoden 3 my hands down favorite RPG EVER!

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahh! Suikoden 3 my hands down favorite RPG EVER!
I remember the game from my uncle, I never played it but it has beautiful music..
The only game I play from my list is Persona hahaha

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I remember the game from my uncle, I never played it but it has beautiful music..
The only game I play from my list is Persona hahaha

You. Must. Play. :D

Shugo

Low Life Hiomaika Enthusiast
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not in order since I can't really put one in first, but I like these a lot!!

Another Ned

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It really wasn't easy to decide on five favourites, especially since my current soundtrack playlist contains several hundred tracks (I haven't listened to all of them yet and weed out as they come up), but those are the ones I listen to the most (either actually, or because they're stuck in my head):

Izaro Theme -- Path of Exile (it's got its annoying bits but it's my favourite nonetheless. Even though I must've heard it several dozen times already -- with and without the corresponding boss. The PoE soundtrack contains a few more of my favourites)
Icarus (Main Theme) -- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (the whole soundtrack is pretty atmospheric)
Sky City - Combat Phase -- Dungeon Defenders (I've never played the game but it's got a great soundtrack in general)
Tighten Your Grip -- Cthulhu Saves the World (Very good soundtrack, was not easy to pick a favourite)
Solaris Mystery Box -- Path of Exile (It's not part of the game soundtrack but actually "just" accompanying a promotional video, so part of the same franchise)

walkinthru

Final Boss?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh this is easy, I still listen to some of these nowadays. They help me better work on my game.

Battle in the coming days - Breath of fire 3 (still my favorite jrpg till this day and this boss theme is just captivating.
Philistine(Pal Ver) - No More Heroes 2 (The American version is just as good I just happen to prefer this one.
Battle 1 - SaGa Frontier ( Unforgettable experience for me specially since the rest drop the ball in my opinion)
Metro Madness Boss Act - Sonic Before the sequel ( I'm going to go on tangent. Both the developer of Sonic before the sequel and the composer are amazing. This is of course a fan game but if you can get your hands on it, it's probably the most satisfying 2d sonic fan game out there. The composer Funk fiction also worked with the dev on his latest game "Spark the electric jester" Give it a try if you like the theme also try checking out any of the other songs in the soundtrack)
Simple And Clean -Ray of Hope MIX - KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue (There is some sort of respect that must be given to people like Utada Hikaru and Yoko Shimomura for being able to keep a single song fresh over the years. The smash hit "Simple and clean" comes back better than ever with it's remix to the last game before Kingdom hearts 3...hopefully)

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh here goes. This was tough.

- Showing my age with this but SF2 had such a great, great soundtrack.
- Showing my age even more here but this game is a forgotten gem and the soundtrack was really unique and great at the time.
- Hey a modern one. I've loved Elder Scrolls music and this is just such a good song. Not a theme or piece but a great song.
- A gaming classic and this one from FF15 is just a brilliant rendition. Top stuff.
- SH2 is the greatest soundtrack ever and this song is its peak. I like this again because its a straight up song. Yamaoka could have went all weird and electronic or even orchestral with SH2 ost but he stuck to a live bandish feel for all its major pieces.

PixelGeek93

Student of Art
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In no particular order (because I love them all!)

-Why by Ayaka (Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core)
  • I actually own a physical copy of this soundtrack and it's excellent! It has a lot of great FFVII song remixes as well as original songs.
-Lost In Thoughts All Alone (Fire Emblem Fates)
  • One of the few JRPG songs where I actually prefer the English version. Usually it's the other way around.
-Theme of The Last Story (The Last Story)
(0:00-5:00)
  • Seriously, if you haven't played this game, dust off your Nintendo Wii and play it, it is amazing! Even the soundtrack is amazing!
-Roxas Theme(Kingdom Hearts II)
, (7:09-8:54, you can click the link in the description if that's easier for you)
  • Ah, one of my all time favorites! I think what I love most about this song is that it personifies Roxas, in a way that is more visceral than a lot of other character themes.
-Opening Theme (Skies of Arcadia)
  • This song makes me want to just drop everything and just sail off into the sunset.

Last edited:

umbralshadows

the silks angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like to much music. .. so I'll just say 5 of my favorite instead a top 5 cuzz I don't have a top. ...

5-

4-

3-

2-

1-

Sonnet

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not in order-- I'm just typing what first comes to my mind :kaojoy: //eheh.

* Fisherman's Horizon
Peaceful and melancholic tune. My favourite in FFVIII ❤️. But well I love Balamb Garden as well

* Theme of a Moonlit Night
My love for this tune as far as the little-me recording this sweet tune with my father's phone //eheh //itwasalonglongtimeago. Reminiscene from Suikoden 2 is lovely (and sad tune) as well.

Rejected di Surf village feels 10x more sad with this music.

* Bonus Track ~ Etude
AT3 Main title bgm ❤️

* Little Love along with Legend of Puppet Princess
Lighthearted tune--- right? ❤️

King Gerar

White Wolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Definitely, I must've forgot any soundtrack... :kaoslp:

bkavoo

Freelance Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Chrono Trigger - Wind Scene (600 A.D.) Orchestral Remix

Mortal Kombat - Skrillex - Reptile's Theme

Assassin's Creed - Beer and Friends

chrono trigger - winds of time

KOF'99 - Sadistic Eyes (Iori Yagami Theme) OST

Check out Mortal Kombat and Chrono Trigger! :)

KayZaman

Brother-Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English & Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, @Orb for created this thread.

5. DOOM 2016 - At Doom's Gate
https://youtu.be/Jly9qp40rfw

Reason : Enter elevator, this song kicks me in.

4. Kung Fury Street Rage : Action 3
Reason : Love action at the 80s

3. MDK - Gunter Planet
Reason : My first 3rd person shooter game with orchestra BMG

2. Shadow of the Ninja - Intro
Reason : Watched my sibling playing this game yet I still remember this song.

1. Dawn of War 2 - Angels of Death
Reason : Listening to this song makes me wanna bust those Tyrannids.

Well...not all are top 5. They made great songs. And so your favorites.

Reactions: Orb

Vassago

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
1. Darksider II - Plains of Death
2. The Witcher 3 - The Fields of Ard Skellige
3. Divinity Original Sin - Original Sin
4. Diablo 2 - Tristram
5. Farcry 3 Blood Dragon - Main Theme

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magenz