YR Plugins

bwlcaliguy85

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Same issue in a completely new project with only Yanfly Core Engine + MMM + YRcrafting. Do i have to create a discipline json file like mr trivel's? I was under the impression that all i had to do was set the parameters in the plugin manager and then create recipes under item note tags. Also, do i need a ' or " surrounding the strings for disciplines or categories?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bwlcaliguy85 could you show me your plugin parameters?
As I said, I did the same here, brand new project, no other plugin, but for me no error in the console.

bwlcaliguy85

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
["{\"discName\":\"blacksmith\",\"discIcon\":\"97\",\"discColor\":\"#FFFFFF\",\"discMaxLevel\":\"99\",\"discGaugeColor1\":\"#23b94d\",\"discGaugeColor2\":\"#60e021\",\"discExpFormula\":\"level * 1\",\"discCategories\":\"[\\\"swords\\\"]\",\"discBackground\":\"\",\"discShowInMenu\":\"true\",\"discEnableInMenu\":\"true\",\"---Sound---\":\"\",\"discSE\":\"\",\"discVol\":\"100\",\"discPitch\":\"100\",\"discPan\":\"0\"}"]
1589199483290.png1589199524912.png
1589199558157.png["{\"name\":\"TextManager.param(0)\",\"value\":\"item.params[0]\",\"show\":\"value\",\"format\":\"val\",\"pos\":\"value > 0\",\"neg\":\"value < 0\"}","{\"name\":\"TextManager.param(1)\",\"value\":\"item.params[1]\",\"show\":\"value\",\"format\":\"val\",\"pos\":\"value > 0\",\"neg\":\"value < 0\"}","{\"name\":\"TextManager.param(2)\",\"value\":\"item.params[2]\",\"show\":\"value\",\"format\":\"val\",\"pos\":\"value > 0\",\"neg\":\"value < 0\"}","{\"name\":\"TextManager.param(3)\",\"value\":\"item.params[3]\",\"show\":\"value\",\"format\":\"val\",\"pos\":\"value > 0\",\"neg\":\"value < 0\"}","{\"name\":\"TextManager.param(4)\",\"value\":\"item.params[4]\",\"show\":\"value\",\"format\":\"val\",\"pos\":\"value > 0\",\"neg\":\"value < 0\"}","{\"name\":\"TextManager.param(5)\",\"value\":\"item.params[5]\",\"show\":\"value\",\"format\":\"val\",\"pos\":\"value > 0\",\"neg\":\"value < 0\"}","{\"name\":\"TextManager.param(6)\",\"value\":\"item.params[6]\",\"show\":\"value\",\"format\":\"val\",\"pos\":\"value > 0\",\"neg\":\"value < 0\"}","{\"name\":\"TextManager.param(7)\",\"value\":\"item.params[7]\",\"show\":\"value\",\"format\":\"val\",\"pos\":\"value > 0\",\"neg\":\"value < 0\"}"]

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry then. Can't tell what could be the cause of that parsing error. As I said, I tested it myself and no error happened.
Did you download the latest version of the plugin? Don't guide yourself through the version number, I usually forget to update them.
If you already did but the error stays... all I can think of is you sending me your project so I can test it.

bwlcaliguy85

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OMFG! Im so sorry to waste your time. I think i must have messed up when i copy pasted. You saying the version got me to try to find the most up to date version. I was getting discouraged again because i couldnt find anything other than the one i downloaded. Then I found the download link and used that instead of copy pasting the text and it worked. Im not sure why i didnt think to try that before, i guess just because i've done it so many times with other scripts. You've been awesome though. I really appreciate the help.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can YR_ExtraTurn be compatible with Olivia_BattleSysOTB...

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@41728280 sorry, but I kinda doubt it.
ExtraTurn was kinda my first plugin ever, and in fact was a direct conversion of an edit I did to XP to add them.
That means I had no idea how things like alias work. That kinda kills compatibilities.
Now, as Zarsla pointed out some time ago, I think it was with Ynfly's STB? it can still work in some cases by just putting it above any other plugins that would affect the functions it changes. But that would require actually experimenting with the plugins.

Also, OTB kinda changes a lot of the battle system, so chances of being compatible are not high.

But, well, if you already got OTB, just trying it out would not hurt?

For someone else that did the same plugin that has more chance of being compatible, Galv did it. He probably did it first, but I was new at mv and did not know many people working on it at the time so I had no idea who he was.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@41728280 sorry, but I kinda doubt it.
ExtraTurn was kinda my first plugin ever, and in fact was a direct conversion of an edit I did to XP to add them.
That means I had no idea how things like alias work. That kinda kills compatibilities.
Now, as Zarsla pointed out some time ago, I think it was with Ynfly's STB? it can still work in some cases by just putting it above any other plugins that would affect the functions it changes. But that would require actually experimenting with the plugins.

Also, OTB kinda changes a lot of the battle system, so chances of being compatible are not high.

But, well, if you already got OTB, just trying it out would not hurt?

For someone else that did the same plugin that has more chance of being compatible, Galv did it. He probably did it first, but I was new at mv and did not know many people working on it at the time so I had no idea who he was.
Thank you very much for your answers.
My English is all translated by Google, maybe inaccurate.
I have tried it. YR_ExtraTurn and Olivia_BattleSysOTB are not compatible. The olivia.OTB system is mandatory and is not compatible with most of the command plugins used in combat, such as YR_BattleFormation, another of your plugins. Your plugins are very it is good.

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My question is about the crafting plugin.

Is there a way to make an icon show up on the menu for this? I tried doing it through the SRD_AltMenuSCREEN_BustIcons.jsbut nothing happens.

I am aware that the entire plugin uses 1 symbol; 'craft1'
I was going to just do a workaround with common events that opened the other three Disciplines, and then went back to the menu when finished but that doesn't seem to be an option since SRD's plugin doesn't allow for the use of common events -_-

Is there something I missed in the plugin that states how to do this or another workaround?

I provided some reference pics below if that helps clarify anything. :)

Thanks for your time!

CraftIssue01.jpgCraftIssue02.jpgCraftIssue03.jpg

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zakarijah
Icons on that menu are set on it or something. Not related to mine save for you calling it through a symbol.
And symbols, craft1 is just for discipline 1. craft2 is for discipline 2, craft432 is for discipline 432 (or at least so is the plan)

@41728280
I can see ExtraTurns nor working even if you put it above in the list, but I don't see why BattleFormation would cause problems if you move it around the plugin manager. They don't even affect the same functions, and those that dey doI remember someone saying they could use it with row formation.

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zakarijah
Icons on that menu are set on it or something. Not related to mine save for you calling it through a symbol.
And symbols, craft1 is just for discipline 1. craft2 is for discipline 2, craft432 is for discipline 432 (or at least so is the plan)
So I also tried using ‘craft2’ ‘craft3’ ‘craft4’ for the other three disciplines but it still won’t call an icon. I was wondering if there’s something conflicting in your code or SRD’s plugin because it doesn’t happen on any other plugins where I added something to the menu.

I posted thinking maybe there was a chance you would look at the plugins and see why it won’t place icons for your disciplines because I’ve done everything like I’m supposed to with them and it’s still not working.

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zakarijah

@41728280
I can see ExtraTurns nor working even if you put it above in the list, but I don't see why BattleFormation would cause problems if you move it around the plugin manager. They don't even affect the same functions, and those that dey doI remember someone saying they could use it with row formation.
Yes, their functions are not in conflict, just use formation command in battle will conflict, everything else is normal, I think it is caused by calling the window in combat, except forbid to use formation command in battle or hide it, I There is no other way

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zakarijah
but even if it doesn't show the icon, does selecting the space for it still call the right discipline? The icon is not there but selecting the option works like it should?

Because... That's basically all my plugin would do on the menu. Call the craft discipline. If those are working fine, then my plugin is working fine.
Anything visually of the menu itself, like the icon not appearing, is not really related to my plugin, but on the menu one.

That said... I found your problem.

I didn't touch the plugin in some time so when you said the symbol was craft1 (or craft2, or craft459) I took it on your word, but testing it I checked and the symbol is YRcraft1. As shown on the part telling how to set it on Yanfly's Main Menu Manager.

SRD's icons are based on the symbol, not really their number on the list.
It doesn't make the options, only make them appear there as icons. The options themselves, their order etc is on anything that changes the main menu command window, like Yanfly's Main Menu Manager.
So it doesn't matter if you put it on the same position or in a completely different one, if it is the wrong symbol name the icon will not appear.

@41728280
That is a bit sad, but understandable.
That said, it is based on Breath of Fire's formations, and I don't even recall being able to change them mid-battle (I may be wrong though), so it isn't that big a loss.

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zakarijah
but even if it doesn't show the icon, does selecting the space for it still call the right discipline? The icon is not there but selecting the option works like it should?

Because... That's basically all my plugin would do on the menu. Call the craft discipline. If those are working fine, then my plugin is working fine.
Anything visually of the menu itself, like the icon not appearing, is not really related to my plugin, but on the menu one.

That said... I found your problem.

I didn't touch the plugin in some time so when you said the symbol was craft1 (or craft2, or craft459) I took it on your word, but testing it I checked and the symbol is YRcraft1. As shown on the part telling how to set it on Yanfly's Main Menu Manager.

SRD's icons are based on the symbol, not really their number on the list.
It doesn't make the options, only make them appear there as icons. The options themselves, their order etc is on anything that changes the main menu command window, like Yanfly's Main Menu Manager.
So it doesn't matter if you put it on the same position or in a completely different one, if it is the wrong symbol name the icon will not appear.
It was the 'YR' in the symbol that was the issue! In the help section of the plugin where it says how to add to YEP Main Menu Manager, it just says 'Craft1', instead of 'YRCraft1' lol

Thank you so much!!

Solar_Flare

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I'm using 1.06 of SRD_SummonCore and noticed your bugfixes in this thread... but it says it is for 1.05 of SummonCore. Do you know if it will work for 1.06? I looked through SummonCore's code and could not see anything resembling any of your fixes, except for the two "minor fixes" right at the very bottom which appear to be identical to the equivalent functions in SummonCore; but perhaps I could have missed something.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Solar_Flare I didn't know there was an 1.06... would need testing I guess.
At least I think I explained in the code what each piece is supposed to fix, so if it messes anything you can just erase that part.

But besides the Minor Fixes I think my plugins about that are just compatibility patches.

HighTyrol

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am having trouble getting the craft menu to open. I gave the discipline a name and made a recipe for testing. I made an event with the custom command mentioned in the plugin documentation. The game does nothing when I interact with the event. Does anyone have an idea of why it does not work?
Code:
CRAFT START 1
I also tried using 0 and the name of the discipline as the discipline id.

Here is a picture of the section of the plugin settings where I set up the discipline's name:

YRPlugin settings1.PNG

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@HighTyrol this plugin needs your rpg maker to be at least 1.5.0 to have the parameters set properly (they technically can be set in an older version, but you won't have the options visible to write it in an useable way, would need to copypaste from a later rm).
That plugin manager is clearly of an rpg maker version before then, as 1.5.0 also adds the help on the side of the manager instead of in a button.

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello again. I have two quick questions this time;

I've been having great success with the Crafting Plugin but I get this error when I try to make an item using Weapons created through crafting. I was thinking that maybe it's not 'finding' the previous weapon I created (Heavy Sword) because it is an independent item?

Is there a specific set up I need to have in my YEP_ItemCore to bypass this or am I just setting something up wrong?

The other question I have is related to YEP_ItemCore (I know it's not your plugin but thought you might have some insight maybe?)

I had my MAX Weapons/Armours set at 100 but 0 for my Items and when I changed it, it caused the Crafting menus for weapons/armors to rearrange (to how the database is: yay!!) but it said that I didn't have a Heavy Sword... I'm assuming it's because I actually have weapon IDs into the 300 (I sorted them out by type in case I wanted to add more at endgame but still have them placed together in the menus) So I'm wondering if this is what was also causing the crash?

Does the crafting Menu work perfectly fine with these 'MAX Weapons/Armor' set to ) like the Item Menu?

Thanks

Attachments

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They are kinda needed for independent items. If the max items are set to 0, that item is considered not independent.
Meaning the whole point of the "I can use independent items as ingredients too" would be lost if not compatible, since they would kinda not be independent.

This is kinda weird, since I did test with independent weapons myself when I did the plugin.

But I think I know the problem. If I am right, it is a problem that I didn't think of, so didn't test it.
Yanfly's item core turns the removed items to "null". That means if an independent item is removed from the game its position in the database would become "null".
When making the list of independent items, it gets the list of items starting from the id set on yanfly's plugin parameters and compares their base items' id to the ingredient one. But... well a null doesn't have it. Thus the error.

Please download it again. Now it should work properly. (and as a bonus this time I remembered to change the version number in both places)
Same link as before, just so you don't need to go there because of my mistake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

And (un)surprisingly, I already started developing a old project as MZ code right off from the bat. Waiting the launch anxiously...
Is there a single word I can use instead Magic Defense", but has the same meaning?
does anyone know where I could theoretically post a game i made full of copyrighted content so that I can get feedback on it

edit: not looking to make any money or anything. just want criticism
Yay! It's raining! ^.^
I decided to take part in the One Map Game Challenge. :LZSexcite:
Finished the map itself, just need to finish the actual game lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhateverImDrunk