I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so...

I actually had a few minutes before work and set up some item spawns on my debug map and tried it with the MAX Weapons/Armour set to 0, and it seems to work perfectly fine now.

I’m unsure why it works suddenly with the MAX set to 0, but I also don’t use any variance or anything with independent items. The items just are what they are. And from what I understood of Yanfly’s plugin, setting it to 0 just made all items/weapons/armour stack, instead of being 1/100, 2/100, etc.

I’m downloading the updated plugin Anyways, however because I plan on using this system/database again in another project with more depth added, so I’ll need that fix! lol

thanks for the quick reply!!

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zakarijah that is because with max set to 0 they are not independent items anymore. Meaning they stack, and do not have any different stats for things like durations, upgrades or augments. And most relevant to this conversation, do not use the functions for independent items in my plugin.

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zakarijah that is because with max set to 0 they are not independent items anymore. Meaning they stack, and do not have any different stats for things like durations, upgrades or augments. And most relevant to this conversation, do not use the functions for independent items in my plugin.
Sorry, the whole independent items thing just really confuses me because I haven’t spent any time looking into it or anything because I don’t need it in my current project.

So making the Max setting ‘0’ won’t cause any issues for me since I’m not using independent item functions then, correct?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zakarijah yup. if you set it to 0 it won't be independent anymore, but if you won't need them to be then there is no problem.
including the problem you told me about.
but I'm glad you did, since else I wouldn't be able to fix it.

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, the whole independent items thing just really confuses me because I haven’t spent any time looking into it or anything because I don’t need it in my current project.

So making the Max setting ‘0’ won’t cause any issues for me since I’m not using independent item functions then, correct?
Yay!

Thanks for all your help. I’m not a coder, so while I can figure out some basic stuff, I don’t actually understand what I’m looking at 98% of the time. Haha

I’m glad I could help with the ‘bull’ fix, however!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Unifying the code bases across MV and MZ for Haxe!
Anyone who uses Yanfly's Gab Window plugin: are there any features it lacks that you wish it had?
Working on Zelda-like tileset. Should be greatly refined. And tonight extra pave tiles, outward corners, abyss and water...
Is it possible to move posts from the in-progress project forum to completed games? I think I need to message a mod but a bit worried about bothering them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cosmichamer