I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so...

I actually had a few minutes before work and set up some item spawns on my debug map and tried it with the MAX Weapons/Armour set to 0, and it seems to work perfectly fine now.

I’m unsure why it works suddenly with the MAX set to 0, but I also don’t use any variance or anything with independent items. The items just are what they are. And from what I understood of Yanfly’s plugin, setting it to 0 just made all items/weapons/armour stack, instead of being 1/100, 2/100, etc.

I’m downloading the updated plugin Anyways, however because I plan on using this system/database again in another project with more depth added, so I’ll need that fix! lol

thanks for the quick reply!!

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zakarijah that is because with max set to 0 they are not independent items anymore. Meaning they stack, and do not have any different stats for things like durations, upgrades or augments. And most relevant to this conversation, do not use the functions for independent items in my plugin.

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zakarijah that is because with max set to 0 they are not independent items anymore. Meaning they stack, and do not have any different stats for things like durations, upgrades or augments. And most relevant to this conversation, do not use the functions for independent items in my plugin.
Sorry, the whole independent items thing just really confuses me because I haven’t spent any time looking into it or anything because I don’t need it in my current project.

So making the Max setting ‘0’ won’t cause any issues for me since I’m not using independent item functions then, correct?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zakarijah yup. if you set it to 0 it won't be independent anymore, but if you won't need them to be then there is no problem.
including the problem you told me about.
but I'm glad you did, since else I wouldn't be able to fix it.

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry, the whole independent items thing just really confuses me because I haven’t spent any time looking into it or anything because I don’t need it in my current project.

So making the Max setting ‘0’ won’t cause any issues for me since I’m not using independent item functions then, correct?
Yay!

Thanks for all your help. I’m not a coder, so while I can figure out some basic stuff, I don’t actually understand what I’m looking at 98% of the time. Haha

I’m glad I could help with the ‘bull’ fix, however!!

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,YoraeRasante
can you help me, I use your YR_SRD_Summon_DB_X.js and YR_MinorSummonFixes.js plugins.
But when I use the skill to summon an actor with keel animation, the following error occurred

QQ截图20200808044251.png

This is my list of plugins, and actor notes.The enemy’s keel animation is used normally
chaj.pngQQ截图20200808050636.png
Another problem is that when I summon an actor who uses SV animation, the first time he is hit by the enemy's normal attack, there will be no error, but the second time he is hit by the normal attack, an error will pop up. This is an error using SV animation。sv.png
I searched a lot of posts and saw that someone used your plugin to solve this problem, but it doesn't seem to work when I use it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@41728280 what is a keel animation? either way, it seems to be an error of dragonbones not finding the battler's location. I remember making a fix for this error, try it out later.
and in the second one, is the target dead before the second part? apparently I need to add a fix to just kill and make the summon invisible instead of outright erasing it, someone told me there were some camera action sequence errors too...

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@41728280 what is a keel animation? either way, it seems to be an error of dragonbones not finding the battler's location. I remember making a fix for this error, try it out later.
and in the second one, is the target dead before the second part? apparently I need to add a fix to just kill and make the summon invisible instead of outright erasing it, someone told me there were some camera action sequence errors too...
Sorry, the translation is wrong, it is the members who use DragonBone battler
In the second part, the member did not die. I set up a very high HP test, and if it is a magical attack, it will not go wrong, but the normal attack will go wrong, which is very strange.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
indeed it is strange.

why was it checking isEnemy()? did your skill have a check like this anywhere? or a state?

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
indeed it is strange.

why was it checking isEnemy()? did your skill have a check like this anywhere? or a state?
No, I don’t have such skills. It just got an error after being attacked. It seems that I searched for SRD_SummonCore and the problem was that the error was displayed. For exampleThis post and This post

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
indeed it is strange.

I updated the above plug-in to the latest version, and now I can summon the DragonBone battler, then I canceled a piece of code in the SV battle animation plug-in of yanfly, conducted a simple test, and found that it works normally
Although I don't know what effect this will have, this code seems to be about the refresh position?
But it is currently available, thanks for your DragonBone extension plugin.

JavaScript:
Yanfly.SVE.Sprite_Animation_updatePosition =
  Sprite_Animation.prototype.updatePosition;
Sprite_Animation.prototype.updatePosition = function() {
  Yanfly.SVE.Sprite_Animation_updatePosition.call(this);
  this.updateSvePosition();
};

Sprite_Animation.prototype.updateSvePosition = function() {
  if (typeof this._target.parent._battler != 'undefined' && this._target.parent._battler.isEnemy() && typeof this._target.parent._mainSprite != 'undefined'){
    if (this._animation.position !== 3) {
      if (this._animation.position === 0) {
        this.y += this._target.parent._mainSprite.height - this._target.parent.texture.height;
      } else if (this._animation.position === 1) {
        this.y += (this._target.parent._mainSprite.height - this._target.parent.texture.height) / 2;
      }
    }
  }
};

zelanius

Everyman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi YR, your SRD Summon Core fix is amazing, except for one small problem...it does not account for the skills that the summoned actor will learn upon leveling up. Not sure if this is a bug? In any case, your plugins are awesome! Great work!

Marianna

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, YoraeRasante! Sorry for my bad english, is not my first language. I have a doubt about ItemCrafting plugin... and I will really love your help! You're the creator after all!
Can I use "Requirement Eval: code ||| text" for check if I have one item or another? For example, I want an Item A that can be done with Item B or Item C (both tools of same type (Axe and Golden Axe)). I'm not very pro in scripting, but I want to know If I'm going for the right way. I want to use even more numbers of item in one requirement, instead of making a lot of diferent recipes with diferents requirement.
It's possible? :D

zelanius

Everyman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Last edited:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can anyone help with this error? I just installed and tried the YR_ItemCrafting plugin but it doesn't seem to work... I left everything default and tried the plugin command: CRAFT START Craft, but I get the follow error...
1603889193731.png

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry everyone, for health reasons I took a break from: coding, rpg maker-related discord and here.
As in, my wrist is kinda killing me when I start coding.

When I am able to, I am hoping for something like a better version of my Parameters plugin, my own version of Character Creator and Summon Core, and my own versions of Item Core, Buffs and States Core and Passive States for a method I believe may be easier for the computer than what Yanfly does so I can have more freedom for my future version of Craft (and its older version of Alchemy), and well because as it is Passive States is the biggest memory sink of yanfly plugins despite being so useful.
Plus one for positioning that hopefully will allow the return of mirrored battles, plus pincer attacks from both sides, something that was in rpg maker 2003 and not on MV, nor MZ last I checked. Plus hopefully compatibility with my Formation plugin and, maybe a version of Row Formation yanfly has - will need to make my own version though, doubt the original will not break a lot with just compatibility patches.

That said... wrist is still hurting a lot, so I make no promises about time.

And yes, I will try to make an mz version of them when I do them.

Can anyone help with this error? I just installed and tried the YR_ItemCrafting plugin but it doesn't seem to work... I left everything default and tried the plugin command: CRAFT START Craft, but I get the follow error...
You said you left everything default?
Does that mean you created a discipline but did not change anything in it, or left that empty? If you did create a discipline, try calling its value in the list instead of Craft.
This plugin, as far as I remember, was not made to be plug and play, you have to make at least one.

Hi YR, your SRD Summon Core fix is amazing, except for one small problem...it does not account for the skills that the summoned actor will learn upon leveling up. Not sure if this is a bug? In any case, your plugins are awesome! Great work!
That is... the opposite of what should happen?
Assuming you mean my "minor summon fixes" (that is kind of a misnomer, they were pretty serious ones at the time, just small to make) it was supposed to fix an issue that exactly does not let the summons learn their skills as they level. As in, you summon it at level 1, 5 or 10 they would have the same skills despite supposed to learn more at levels 3 and 7.
Did SRD fix something and it broke my fix? I need to check later.

I updated the above plug-in to the latest version, and now I can summon the DragonBone battler, then I canceled a piece of code in the SV battle animation plug-in of yanfly, conducted a simple test, and found that it works normally
Although I don't know what effect this will have, this code seems to be about the refresh position?
But it is currently available, thanks for your DragonBone extension plugin.

JavaScript:
Yanfly.SVE.Sprite_Animation_updatePosition =
  Sprite_Animation.prototype.updatePosition;
Sprite_Animation.prototype.updatePosition = function() {
  Yanfly.SVE.Sprite_Animation_updatePosition.call(this);
  this.updateSvePosition();
};

Sprite_Animation.prototype.updateSvePosition = function() {
  if (typeof this._target.parent._battler != 'undefined' && this._target.parent._battler.isEnemy() && typeof this._target.parent._mainSprite != 'undefined'){
    if (this._animation.position !== 3) {
      if (this._animation.position === 0) {
        this.y += this._target.parent._mainSprite.height - this._target.parent.texture.height;
      } else if (this._animation.position === 1) {
        this.y += (this._target.parent._mainSprite.height - this._target.parent.texture.height) / 2;
      }
    }
  }
};
Dragonbones is one of the hardest plugins to make fixes for, because it is one that started with many issues, I fixed them at the time the best I could, then yanfly and party started fixing the problem themselves. Not all problems were found yet, and some of their fixes may clash with mine and cause brand new ones.
For example, when I released my jump and float patch fix it took some time for them to make an official fix.
It took until recently for them to fix the animation flashes issue, apparently without filters, while I made my fix years ago - but I did not know much of dragonbones, so I was forced to use webgl filters, making it incompatible with canvas mode, while their current fix does not have this problem.

That means that, as the plugin gets updated, some of my fixes may not be needed anymore, and others may even cause problems themselves.

I cannot say if this is what is happening here, but it is a possibility.

Hello, YoraeRasante! Sorry for my bad english, is not my first language. I have a doubt about ItemCrafting plugin... and I will really love your help! You're the creator after all!
Can I use "Requirement Eval: code ||| text" for check if I have one item or another? For example, I want an Item A that can be done with Item B or Item C (both tools of same type (Axe and Golden Axe)). I'm not very pro in scripting, but I want to know If I'm going for the right way. I want to use even more numbers of item in one requirement, instead of making a lot of diferent recipes with diferents requirement.
It's possible? :D
Yes, you can. But be aware, it will check if the user has the items, but will not remove them automatically, you will have to do this in a separate eval.

Hi YR, I would like to request for your help on another compatible fix, but not sure if you are taking any request? I am using YEP's Animated SV Enemies, which conflicts with SRD's Summon Core. The error it is throwing is below:

EDIT: I did managed to find a workaround, if anyone is interested, it's here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...-plugins-in-rpg-maker-mv.126404/#post-1124001
Are you using DragonBones? As you can see a bit above, someone else has a similar problem when using Summon Core Replace Summons with Dragonbones.

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You said you left everything default?
Does that mean you created a discipline but did not change anything in it, or left that empty? If you did create a discipline, try calling its value in the list instead of Craft.
This plugin, as far as I remember, was not made to be plug and play, you have to make at least one.
I just made a new discipline called "Stuff" but I get the same error if I try the plugin command: "CRAFT START Stuff"
1603899290661.png

Additionally, when I try to use the main menu button for "Craft", I get this error:
1603899353554.png

Edit: @YoraeRasante Is there anything else I need to do to get this plugin setup? Thx

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm did you try the number (1 for Craft, 2 for Stuff) instead of the name? I don't remember if I made it useable with just the name.
I'll need to find my old test project to check these things

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm did you try the number (1 for Craft, 2 for Stuff) instead of the name? I don't remember if I made it useable with just the name.
I'll need to find my old test project to check these things
Trying CRAFT START 1 or CRAFT START 2 has no effect. I used the name since that's the example given in the plugin help section. I really want to use this plugin cuz it allows for independent items, but I'm not sure how to get this plugin working...

Edit: Ok, I figured it out. YR_ItemCrafting needs to be ABOVE YEP_ItemCore or else those errors appear. Also @YoraeRasante, you're correct that the plugin commands need to use numbers (IDs) for the disciplines instead of their names.

1603928926856.png

Just to double-check, do all of you put YR_ItemCrafting above YEP_ItemCore?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another day of mostly mapping in Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ: Episode 7 starting now! We're making a mansion! Come watch live and join in on the chat!
Game=Forest, Feature=Tree. There's little worth in looking at a tree except in its relation to how it affects the feel of the forest.
Been a while, guys. Despite being in college now, I'm working on Season's Promise as often as I can.
Helping my sister make her game
I hope i can get some freckles for the generator soon
Guys, if you are seeing this post, send me your RPG Games, I wanna test some to know about everyone! ^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelRIR