zelanius

Mechanics Freak
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@YoraeRasante, do you plan to port your plugins over to RMMZ? VisuStella's Core Engine plugin for MZ now can display custom params, and it would be awesome if your New Parameters gets ported over.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually not just port, but make a brand new and improved version that could be used on both. Save for a few differences, that last I checked were not that big so I'd just need to add a check so they onlt change what is different on their own side, I don't think it would be that big a deal to do so.

That said, for personal reasons, a mix of depression, hurting wrist and a recent part-time job, I have not even touched coding in some time. While my plans should not take long as soon as I begin, I can't say for sure when the drive to that would be.
Which makes me grateful that TanaStella already got a workable solution without me needing to force myself to rush it. While I will fix it first thing when I do start coding again, starting back on it before I am ready could kill any drive...
Or refuel it, maybe. Not sure.
But I won't take that long anyway.

zelanius

Mechanics Freak
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually not just port, but make a brand new and improved version that could be used on both. Save for a few differences, that last I checked were not that big so I'd just need to add a check so they onlt change what is different on their own side, I don't think it would be that big a deal to do so.

That said, for personal reasons, a mix of depression, hurting wrist and a recent part-time job, I have not even touched coding in some time. While my plans should not take long as soon as I begin, I can't say for sure when the drive to that would be.
Which makes me grateful that TanaStella already got a workable solution without me needing to force myself to rush it. While I will fix it first thing when I do start coding again, starting back on it before I am ready could kill any drive...
Or refuel it, maybe. Not sure.
But I won't take that long anyway.
Sounds rough, hope you get well soon.

I was just asking as I was curious and was seriously starting to look into RMMZ recently, partially because of VisuStella's Class Change Core's multiclass function that can actually bring the mechanics I envisioned for my class system to live (although I might wait a bit before switching over fully, because I need to learn Effseeker, and I think there are still lots of potential updates to come in RMMZ especially in the form of plugins, plus I am still kind of working on releasing my first game under RMMV).

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I' a little confused on how exactly to use the Weakness Display or set it up

josephdevelops

Creator of Familia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can someone confirm that YR_DB_BattlerChange_X.js still works? I have been trying it and it switches my dragonbone battler, but the new battlers has no animation when I use transform enemy.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I' a little confused on how exactly to use the Weakness Display or set it up
Hey there. Been... some time since I made it. I'd probably make it different nowadays.
(been some time since I actually visited the forums instead of just leaving an open tab from something shown on RPG Maker News to "check later" too...)

It had been inspired by Olivia's version, but while hers is based on Octopath Battler and shows the weaknesses, mine is inspired by SMT and Persona.

It shows not just the enemy's weaknesses but also any discovered resistances, immunities, when an enemy absorbs the element...
It is in two lines, the first is icons for the elements and the second are discovered results.

It kinda needs the use of Yanfly's Elemental Core, since absorption and reflection were not allowed by default when I made it. At the time at least it was still free, in fact ALL Yanfly plugins were still free, so it was rare for people to make their own versions of things his plugins had and just used them as requirements for their own plugins.

Anyway.
To set it up, you have:

The Show Elements list, where you set the elements to appear, in the order they appear. The numbers are as listed on your database. Put a "0" in one of them to leave an empty space there, I use it to put a division between physical and magical elements (as mentioned it was based on SMT/Persona, and in some games there were three physical elements, blunt cut and pierce, in others hit and shot like in P5...).

The Element Icons list, where... you set the icons for the plugin to use for the elements. If you set an icon for a "0" element, it will have a divisor icon on the top line, but not on the bottom one.

Weak Threshold, where you can set after which level of elemental rate it counts as the enemy being "weak" to it. Just remember that the value is a multiplier in percent, so 100 is neutral, 150 is 50% more damage and the like. Thus the default value being 101.

Strong Threshold is the same thing, but with damage resistance - that is, the element gives less damage than if neutral.

Substitute or Split.
When I made this, it uses the enemy name window to show the weakness. But while it is usually just the enemy's name, Yanfly's State Buff Core for example allowed you to show them there.
Thus someone requested to give the option of either keeping substituting like I was doing, or splitting the window in two and the left half is the normal window and the right is the weakness display.
Nowadays, if I remade it I'd also add the option of making it blink between the normal window and the weakness display, or keep it a separate window and allow the user of the plugin to set its position (like above the enemy, for example).

Icon or Text is for what to show in the second line. If you want the results to show as an icon, or as a text. To show an icon of weakness or have it written as "Weak" or "Wk".

And from here it is just... icons or texts for each of the possible results.
If I remade this, I'd make it a struct and all but the Unrevealed and Neutral would be on a list the user would be able to set, also allowing them to set the conditions (like the Strong and Weak Thresholds earlier).

Icon is the icon to be used for when Icon is set on Icon or Text.
Text and Color are what text to show, and what color it is supposed to be, when that would be the result.

Unrevealed is for when the result of using that element on the enemy is unknown. Thus why the text for it is an ?
Neutral is for when... there is no other result. It just changes nothing. Thus the text is just empty, it shows nothing.
Weak is for when elemental rate is above the Weak Threshold, meaning more damage from that element. And Strong is when it is bellow the Strong Threshold, meaning less.
Drain is for when elemental rate is negative, meaning damage heals instead of actual damage.
Repel is for when damage is sent back to the attacker.
And Null is for when elemental rate is 0, thus damage just... doesn't happen.

Just like in the SMT games, you need to try to attack the enemies with the element at least once for it to show... so I aded a few things that allow you to change it in-game.
Two notetags for skills and items, and a script call. Now I think Iprobably should have put one on the enemies too so they could start with it shown, but...

<Analyze Element: x>, with x an element number, will make the targeted enemy type show the element as if it had already been seen on it.
<Analyze Random Elements: x>, x a number of elements, will make x elements on the weakness display be seen as if already analyzed for that enemy, but you won't be able to control which.
and the script call $gameSystem.addEnemyWeaknessElement(enemyId, elementId); lets you set the element "elementId" as if analyzed for the enemy type "enemyId".

Can someone confirm that YR_DB_BattlerChange_X.js still works? I have been trying it and it switches my dragonbone battler, but the new battlers has no animation when I use transform enemy.
I think that was a common issue since I made it, and you need to tell the new battler to start an animation by hand. But after that it should work as usual.

I'll be honest, I didn't touch DB for... a while.
I remember that even at the time I only touched it to make these small plugins, most of them by request to fix an issue or add something the original is missing.
I remember I started doing these when it was still new because at the time DB could not flash or change color (and I was not that good yet so I used webgl filters), and DB kept being this way for years, until after Yanfly went paid, not long before Irina made her paid plugins to use them as images or map chars. Would not be surprised if she was the one to make the fix, so there would not be this issue when her plugins were released.
Good for her if so. I myself thought, when I still messed with it, that the DB plugin needed a kind of refactoring rewrite.
No offense to TheGreenKel, he made a big thing even creating it, but improvement could be made. A major annoyance of when I made my fix plugins were due to the code for actor and enemy armature battlers being repeated save for some places an "if" would suffice, but since my patches were only extensions I had to copy this instead of making a more encompassing object. Else any updates to the YEP plugin could break them.

josephdevelops

Creator of Familia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey there. Been... some time since I made it. I'd probably make it different nowadays.
(been some time since I actually visited the forums instead of just leaving an open tab from something shown on RPG Maker News to "check later" too...)

It had been inspired by Olivia's version, but while hers is based on Octopath Battler and shows the weaknesses, mine is inspired by SMT and Persona.

It shows not just the enemy's weaknesses but also any discovered resistances, immunities, when an enemy absorbs the element...
It is in two lines, the first is icons for the elements and the second are discovered results.

It kinda needs the use of Yanfly's Elemental Core, since absorption and reflection were not allowed by default when I made it. At the time at least it was still free, in fact ALL Yanfly plugins were still free, so it was rare for people to make their own versions of things his plugins had and just used them as requirements for their own plugins.

Anyway.
To set it up, you have:

The Show Elements list, where you set the elements to appear, in the order they appear. The numbers are as listed on your database. Put a "0" in one of them to leave an empty space there, I use it to put a division between physical and magical elements (as mentioned it was based on SMT/Persona, and in some games there were three physical elements, blunt cut and pierce, in others hit and shot like in P5...).

The Element Icons list, where... you set the icons for the plugin to use for the elements. If you set an icon for a "0" element, it will have a divisor icon on the top line, but not on the bottom one.

Weak Threshold, where you can set after which level of elemental rate it counts as the enemy being "weak" to it. Just remember that the value is a multiplier in percent, so 100 is neutral, 150 is 50% more damage and the like. Thus the default value being 101.

Strong Threshold is the same thing, but with damage resistance - that is, the element gives less damage than if neutral.

Substitute or Split.
When I made this, it uses the enemy name window to show the weakness. But while it is usually just the enemy's name, Yanfly's State Buff Core for example allowed you to show them there.
Thus someone requested to give the option of either keeping substituting like I was doing, or splitting the window in two and the left half is the normal window and the right is the weakness display.
Nowadays, if I remade it I'd also add the option of making it blink between the normal window and the weakness display, or keep it a separate window and allow the user of the plugin to set its position (like above the enemy, for example).

Icon or Text is for what to show in the second line. If you want the results to show as an icon, or as a text. To show an icon of weakness or have it written as "Weak" or "Wk".

And from here it is just... icons or texts for each of the possible results.
If I remade this, I'd make it a struct and all but the Unrevealed and Neutral would be on a list the user would be able to set, also allowing them to set the conditions (like the Strong and Weak Thresholds earlier).

Icon is the icon to be used for when Icon is set on Icon or Text.
Text and Color are what text to show, and what color it is supposed to be, when that would be the result.

Unrevealed is for when the result of using that element on the enemy is unknown. Thus why the text for it is an ?
Neutral is for when... there is no other result. It just changes nothing. Thus the text is just empty, it shows nothing.
Weak is for when elemental rate is above the Weak Threshold, meaning more damage from that element. And Strong is when it is bellow the Strong Threshold, meaning less.
Drain is for when elemental rate is negative, meaning damage heals instead of actual damage.
Repel is for when damage is sent back to the attacker.
And Null is for when elemental rate is 0, thus damage just... doesn't happen.

Just like in the SMT games, you need to try to attack the enemies with the element at least once for it to show... so I aded a few things that allow you to change it in-game.
Two notetags for skills and items, and a script call. Now I think Iprobably should have put one on the enemies too so they could start with it shown, but...

<Analyze Element: x>, with x an element number, will make the targeted enemy type show the element as if it had already been seen on it.
<Analyze Random Elements: x>, x a number of elements, will make x elements on the weakness display be seen as if already analyzed for that enemy, but you won't be able to control which.
and the script call $gameSystem.addEnemyWeaknessElement(enemyId, elementId); lets you set the element "elementId" as if analyzed for the enemy type "enemyId".

I think that was a common issue since I made it, and you need to tell the new battler to start an animation by hand. But after that it should work as usual.

I'll be honest, I didn't touch DB for... a while.
I remember that even at the time I only touched it to make these small plugins, most of them by request to fix an issue or add something the original is missing.
I remember I started doing these when it was still new because at the time DB could not flash or change color (and I was not that good yet so I used webgl filters), and DB kept being this way for years, until after Yanfly went paid, not long before Irina made her paid plugins to use them as images or map chars. Would not be surprised if she was the one to make the fix, so there would not be this issue when her plugins were released.
Good for her if so. I myself thought, when I still messed with it, that the DB plugin needed a kind of refactoring rewrite.
No offense to TheGreenKel, he made a big thing even creating it, but improvement could be made. A major annoyance of when I made my fix plugins were due to the code for actor and enemy armature battlers being repeated save for some places an "if" would suffice, but since my patches were only extensions I had to copy this instead of making a more encompassing object. Else any updates to the YEP plugin could break them.
I'm a decent JavaScript programmer and I've released a few plugins myself. How would I go about 'restarting' animations after transforming an enemy?

You said in your reply that I need to start the new battler 'by hand'?

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a decent JavaScript programmer and I've released a few plugins myself. How would I go about 'restarting' animations after transforming an enemy?

You said in your reply that I need to start the new battler 'by hand'?
well, you know how the db plugin has a way to make it play a motion? don't remember if a script call or an action sequence right now, but...
just do that.
if I remember right, any motion it is made to play will make it start moving properly again.

josephdevelops

Creator of Familia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
well, you know how the db plugin has a way to make it play a motion? don't remember if a script call or an action sequence right now, but...
just do that.
if I remember right, any motion it is made to play will make it start moving properly again.

Been trying since yesterday. I can't figure it out. When I build action sequences. Does anyone have an example of what particular actions can 'jumpstart' the battler to work with the plugin after using the transform.

Update: Still been trying for nearly a week now and I can't get a dragon bones animation to work on a enemy after using the transform feature in RPG Maker MV.... someone please help, this has been a dire issue for my game.

@YoraeRasante, can you give me a quick example of how to integrate a motion into an action sequence or script call to get the animation working again. I beg you.

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@josephdevelops ok, so it seems like I was mistaking BattlerChange with State Transformation
I'm checking right now on my old test project what I did.
Seems like the solution I mentioned was not about the Transformation plugin, but the compatibility patch between DB and SRD's Summon Core.

So, testing here, seems like this error... does not happen to me.
Is there any error message on the console? Open it with either f8 or f12 (sometimes one works, others the other)
Could it be that with later versions of DB this had been broken?

Also the way to play a motion through action sequence is
MOTION type: target, (no weapon)
for example, motion standby: user

josephdevelops

Creator of Familia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I did what you said, but it seems to be working.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did what you said, but it seems to be working.
wait, did by that you mean "everything but moving at the start is working", "the forced action worked", "it is moving from the start now" or is there some words missing?

josephdevelops

Creator of Familia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I used the wrong conjunction in my sentence. I should have used 'and.' The action sequence was set up incorrectly intiallly. Maybe I'll make a guide on how to to it and set it up later and post it here here. It had been a bit since I set up an action sequence. I will probably do some more later today on my Twitch as well.

Anyway, all is good and it's working great.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great! I'm glad my plugins are helpful!

MysteryKitten

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hello. i'm really sorry to bother you at this time, specifically regarding your previous comments about your life situation.
i'm having an issue with the YR_DB_BattlerChange_X.js plugin. i'm using the actor party switch plugin by yanfly (seeing as the dragonbones battler change only works with this form of mid-battle party swapping) which DOES replace the dragonbones as i wanted, but causes the game to crash if i swap repeatedly between dragonbones battlers. i'm not entirely sure what to do here.1639725378719.png

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

People laughed at me when I said that Activision Blizzard would get bought up by another company if they didn't fire their execs. Now their value has dipped so much Microsoft is willing to buy the company, likely followed by some heavy terminations if they want to purify the current toxic image of Activision Blizzard.
Pro tip: don't be this person.1642536788532.png
ok hear me out here: if the only way my brain can describe things is like with colors is this normal? Like I've described a smell as "dark green and fuzzy" and a taste as "dark blue" like is this a normal thing that happens to people or am I just going insane?? o.0
I'm sitting here, programming, when suddenly, in the distance, I hear a deep booming shout, "Dovahkiin". In an instant, my mind and body is pulling me away, my fingers twitch and notepad++, almost by itself, turns off. The Steam starts to rise and a big green play button appers and I am teleported to Skyrim, because, I am, the Dragonborn! 200 hours played last three weeks, omg o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModdedGen