YR Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Waterguy, Oct 2, 2016.

1. GammaVD

GammaVD Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I zipped it up after checking over encase I missed something (found a silly mistake in one of my own plugins)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9w53byy441thow/Wild Lands.rar?dl=0

The GEP are my own plugins that are just meant to do minor things and shouldn't be affecting items, I should also point out that I'm setting the stats in the class and not the actor

2. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Roguedeus I forget to change it... It is a problem I have sometimes, sorry.
    This error is because I used "requirement" instead of "result" there on line 1375 and on line 1380... It is an easy fix if you want to do it yourself for now, but I'll be probably making some changes to fix @Sleepy Kitten Games problem with Masked Items anyway.

Also, sorry for not dealing with this before, @Sleepy Kitten Games
    I was working on an expansion to Character Creator Ex, mainly to fix the slowdown I was having when on the Character Creation scene... I'll be able to work on it now after finishing a small request I got from someone.

And yes, I will be adding this expansion here later.

Roguedeus likes this.
  3. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    expansion to SRD's Character Creator Ex added!

4. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ok... For now, I fixed what Roguedeus pointed out in ItemCrafting and added an option to hide masked descriptions... I'll add the option to choose the new descriptions later, but I think making it useable as soon as possible comes first

@Sleepy Kitten Games are the ingredients set as non-independent too?
    Because I tested it myself, and only got a problem I couldn't find because the ingredients were not set as non-independent and thus the player was with too many items to add the new one.
    Yes, if you are using item core you can't craft more than you can carry.

@Roguedeus thanks again for the warning, I already fixed it in the linked file.

@GammaVD Found your problem.

You can't make the Equip Core use a whole stat of the user to make the formula, else it'll be in an eternal loop.
    Because the equipment can change the stats, or at least the final results, including the ones created with my plugin.
    So it'll check if it is changing it, even if it isn't, and then the check will check if it changed it, and so on.

If you pay attention to the "Hestia Knife" Tips & Tricks by Yanfly himself, you'll notice that he uses the "user.paramBase(2)" function to change the attack, not "user.atk". paramBase(2) does not count equipment bonus... or anything but the base really, but atk does.

But I can see what you are trying to do, so I suggest you do what I'm doing myself... Yanfly's Class Base Params to change the base formulas depending on the type of weapon equipped.

Roguedeus likes this.
  5. Sleepy Kitten Games

Sleepy Kitten Games Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I set all the ingredients to no longer have the <Not Independent Item> tag, but the buzzer sound still plays when I try to craft the item. Does the resulting item also have to not have that tag?

6. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Sleepy Kitten Games if you don't set them as non-independent items, they'll only be added if the character can carry one more independent one.

That is, of course, assuming that is the problem, but your code worked for me so...

7. GammaVD

GammaVD Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    While this would work I realise that cause I'm calculating the attack of each weapon separately (thanks to Ramza_DualWield) if I change the attack formula it is either gonna pick the first one in the list or add the bonus on top of each weapon

Ideally I should be using a getValue(paramId) function to spit out the value rather than reference the param itself (since that what user.paramBase(id) is doing) but I don't see one in the plugin as is (I'll try using user.YRparamPlus(id) since the Base is zero, but this may not be the best method)

The problem will always circle back to the problem of dual wielding since the modify should only effect the atk of that weapon and this means I'd need to check not just if a weapon type is equipped but also which 'hand' that weapon is in and try and grab that weapons atk (which will be messy) I guess I'll just have to see if I can get a work around happening

8. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @GammaVD
    hmm...
    Now I won't tell you it is a good idea, since I did not try it yet... But what about doing a param whose base is the other param? It may get past this barrier...

Oh, by the way, one of your weight ones uses math instead of Math. Since javascript is case sensitive, that could cause problems too.

9. Sleepy Kitten Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Having ingredients and result set to "Not Independent Item" - didn't work
    Having ingredients set to independent but the result set to not independent - didn't work
    Having ingredients and result set to independent - didn't work
    Perhaps I'm doing something else incorrectly?

10. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Sleepy Kitten Games as I did what you said you did and the only problem I had was because my inventory was full, I'd need to take a look at your project to find the problem... sorry.

11. GammaVD

GammaVD Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Probable a lazy mistake on my part, I should know JavaScript better; it doesn't seem to like me using that function

My thought was if I created a variable that equalled the param that I'd still have to call that param and thus need to solve for it (leading to the same infinite loop)

If I set the formula to equal the other param aren't I still needing to solve the first? since it would call the first one to calculate its value eve if it is just the base on the new state? The problem real is the recursive structure, if I reference it I need to solve it witch calls the weapon witch needs to be solved (how user.baseParam(id) gets round this is it references the database value not the value stored in memory) and that is what I need to do it seems, so I just need to figure out where the value is stored and how it is called and I should bypass the problem, though I'm not sure how these values are saved if they are at all? You can do the same-thing as stat increase by learning then unlearning a skill so the value must exist in the database and be read into memory

12. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You have a valid doubt about it.
    Unfortunately, my tests seem to show you are right.
    Also, the YRparamPlus(id) idea would not work, because it checks equips too.
    Unfortunately, for this one all I can think of is that we'd need more info from @ramza himself on if it is possible to set a different attack formula for each hand...

13. Sleepy Kitten Games

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, I found the problem. Forgot that the event I'd had set up had the "add all items" commands. Created a duplicate that didn't have those commands, and ta-da it works, even with the <Not Independent Item> tags on everything.

14. GammaVD

GammaVD Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So having a read through @ramza code leads me to understand that the main hand and off hand are calculated and called through two different function which are then called through notetaging skills

Since I'd be messing with these values it looks like I may need to write a patch solely to modify the atk stat (which should be do able since I'd be overwriting the existing function but adding to the attack with the desired stats, though not sure if I'd still run into the self reference problem)

My other thought (though a messy idea) was to copy the stat to a variable (one of rpg makers not in the notetag) and then use that instead, but if enemies were to use weapon stats then this is a huge number of stats to track, so I can't see that working as a good option

It might be easier if I allow the atk of a weapon be modify by a plugin instead by calling the stats in post, I'll look at a plugin I saw on weapon level and see how that works but I'm pretty stumped so far

[Addendum]
    Just checked Galv Weapon Prof and looks like the plugin idea may work as its just grabbing the value and adding the proficiency bonus onto it, this may end up being a lot of work though

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  15. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Changed the CCEx Enhance and removed the ability to make enemies use CCEx graphics. For some reason I couldn't find it was breaking usual Yanfly Animated SV Actors. Will try my hand at it as a separate plugin in the future.

16. Gregaur

Gregaur Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    french
    @Waterguy
    Hey ! Do you have the time to look for the comptabilty with your Turn Plugins and the YEP Skillcooldown ?

For now, the cooldown decrease 2 by 2 every turns :/.

Thanks anyway and have a great making !

17. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Gregaur Extra Turns was the very first MV plugin I did. Before I even knew about javascript properly, or how to make aliases in it.
    It doesn't just need compatibility - it needs a rewrite.

18. Gregaur

Gregaur Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    french
    Ouh ! Ok ! Can’t wait to get my hands on it !

19. ray0989

ray0989 Villager Member

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Waterguy For help, I used your Battle Formation plugin, but the plugin command to hide and show a certain formation is still unclear.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  20. Anohe1

Anohe1 Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Guy you are amazing I was looking for all the plugin here for a long time now but here all of them are even your Osmosis System will allow me to create an Absolver Class like in the game Absolver they can learn a skill by witness it..... Really thanks and huge thank you

EDIT
    Sorry but the weakness display is not working it shows cannot read property "strongPT" of undefined

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2019