YR Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Waterguy, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Hahasea

Hahasea Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  2. Khulse

Khulse Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    All right, awesome!

I went in and tested everything, in every way I could think of, and here's my results (I hope you don't mind me poking things... I like trouble shooting...)

1) ... yeah, how did I not realize that? Anyway, just for kicks I tried it and can confirm that it no longer goes into an infinite loop, just stops at max.

2) It happens. I did that to myself just yesterday, in fact. I discovered that testing the wrong variable in a loop is a bad idea that way. (I'm teaching myself javascript by writing a couple plugins of my own. Nothing of this caliber, though. Your miles out of my league.) Anyway, it seems to be working now.

3) I just made 16 disciplines, and they all seem to work. Just out of curiosity, what was the problem?

4) I can confirm the script call for checking if recipes have been learned ($gameParty.isItemRecipeLearned(itemId, recipeId)) is working. Well, as long as you check BEFORE teaching the recipe instead of after... I forgot that damage formulas run before common events lol.

Unfortunately, the script call for teaching the recipe ($gameParty.learnItemRecipe(itemId, recipeId)) doesn't seem to work for me, at least not for items. I haven't tested weapons and armor yet. It's possible I might be doing something wrong. I've tested in a damage formula and in a script in a common event, both with itemId replaced with a game variable and with the id of the item entered, and with and without a recipe id.

The methods you posted above ( $gameParty._itemRecipesLearned[itemId][recipeIndex] = true; ect.) also do not seem to work for me. The plugin command and calling the plugin command via script both still work just fine.

Thank you for all your hard work! It's appreciated.

3. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Khulse
    3- the problem was the parsing of Extra Info for independent items and Equipment Info for independent equipment when they aren't set... weird though, they shouldn't have worked ar all then...

4- That is weird, since they are a direct copy of the plugin command's code... let me see...
    Oh... I forgot to check if the recipes learned list for the items existed...
    That could give some problems, not only in this case but if you checked recipes learned for an item without recipes...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kzfxergt63aono/YR_ItemCrafting.js?dl=0

4. Khulse

Khulse Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great!

I can confirm that the script calls are working now.

I've got to say, this is the best crafting system I've seen. Adding an option to eval conditions and results in the recipe is phenomenal. With options for background images, disciplines, skill advancement... it has everything.

Thanks again!

5. Alexey

Alexey Villager Member

@Waterguy
    Is there any way that in the itemcrafting plugin you can forget some recipe not only learn it?
    Thanks for the plugins!

6. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Alexey I did not actually add it, because I didn't think many people would ever need it, but - if it is not set to be learned at game start (if it is it is unforgettable) or discipline level (it won't be forgettable unless discipline level lowers more than the needed) you can do the reverse of the script call to set a recipe to learned:
    Code:
    //Item:
    if(!this._itemRecipesLearned[itemId]) this._itemRecipesLearned[itemId] = []; this._itemRecipesLearned[itemId][recipeId] = false;

//Weapon:
    if(!this._weaponRecipesLearned[weaponId]) this._weaponRecipesLearned[weaponId] = []; this._weaponRecipesLearned[weaponId][recipeId] = false;

//Armor:
    if(!this._armorRecipesLearned[armorId]) this._armorRecipesLearned[armorId] = []; this._armorRecipesLearned[armorId][recipeId] = false;

7. Alexey

Alexey Villager Member

That's a shame, because I wanted to create some "blacksmith npc" that each one could create different items for you.
    For example an npc creates recipes for weapons 1, 2 and 3 and another only 4, 5 and 6.
    Thanks anyway.

8. Waterguy

Waterguy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Alexey give them different disciplines and a different recipe per discipline. They may have the same names and all but will work separatedly.

9. gt50

gt50 Warper Member

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Waterguy
    Hello, I am using the latest version of the ItemCrafting plugin that you released in 8.8. Although you mentioned above that the error of using script instructions has been fixed, I still have problems when I use it.
    The problem is mainly when I use plugin commands or script instructions to learn a recipe for an item with multiple recipes. I have used plugin commands “CRAFT LEARN ITEM itemId recipe” and script commands “$gameParty.learnItemRecipe(itemId, recipeId);”, but they don't work. When I set the recipeId id to 0, I will learn all the recipes. When I set the recipeId to 1, I will get an error.
    Here is the picture when I using the script“$gameParty.learnItemRecipe(itemId, recipeId);”.
    The item
    upload_2019-8-15_18-16-22.png
    The notetag of the item 1
    upload_2019-8-15_18-18-4.png
    The script in an event
    upload_2019-8-15_18-19-57.png
    The error
    upload_2019-8-15_18-21-13.png
    The line 1258
    upload_2019-8-15_18-22-18.png
    Only two plugins in this project “YEP_Itemcore"、"YR_ItemCrafting"
    I hope you can solve this problem, thank you.

10. BurningOrca

BurningOrca Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you for this wonderful crafting plugin. I really needed the multiple disciplines, so I ditched Yanfly's plugin today in favour of yours.
    Previously I tried to work with multiple copies of Yanfly's plugin by renaming the plugin and everything relevant inside them, but that was horrible to do.
    It is also nice, that I can have multiple recipes for the same item. With this I could simulate any needs to have recipes with categorized items. If I'd ever need to make a sword out of any kind of metal I could just add one recipe for each kind of metal in my game. That is very nice. Thank you very much.

11. nothingongoth

nothingongoth Villager Member

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    In your Item Crafting Script, is there a way to show how much of an item (quantity) the player already has?