kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any ideas what's the issue? Plugin works just fine, just console gives a bunch of errors https://prnt.sc/ndfh6y

Tested on 3 different laptops. All the movies played with this plugin plays at 2 fps. Is it caused by having no dedicated GPU? That's a big bug.
Playing with default rpgm playmovie command works fine. On desktop pc performance is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This uses GPU functions. So you need a pretty good video card yes.
Also read this Pixi fix: https://github.com/pixijs/pixi.js/issues/4089

Some say latest update broke the fix. Anyways, anyone using this plugin, be aware of that any even decent laptop will run at 1-5 fps movies. I've got lots of complaints. Probably like 20-30% of players can't play the game cause movies just stutters horribly and my game uses them a lot. It's not a GPU, I've removed GPU from my desktop PC and played the game with only i5 3570k, it's FULL HD game, so it runs horribly because of javascript like any other HD/FHD RPGM game, but still, get 40-50 fps game world, on movies - stable 60. My laptop runs the game similarly but plays videos at 1-3 fps just like the other players had issues with older low-mid budget ~2010-2015 year laptops.
I've tried lowering game resolution to only HD and play videos with only 500x500 res or even smaller, the results were better ~4-8 fps (can't remember exactly).
Dunno, maybe it's because of type of CPU's or something, but it affects a lot of people (players). Writing this so others are aware of this. It was a huge problem for me.

Also, I found another plugin with the same functionality made by some Japanese person on Japanese forums, but the problem persists even with the different plugin.

Too bad. I've tried making a game with interactive videos, but alienating a big portion of the player base is a big no, no. And RPGM itself just can't play movies without locking player from any kind of interactions/key/button/mouse input.

Last edited:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@kako05

What? The fix still works.

Integrated graphics chip is not as good as a dedicated graphics card. BTW.

And again, I explained this to you in PM. This allows events and other stuff to run on the background while the video is playing. Play movie stops most functions to focus on playing a single movie. Movies in general are heavy in memory. So don't be surprised if movies started stuttering if you had a lot of things going on in the map.

Also, I used this exact same script for our DEMO that was released to a lot of people and there's no such problem. In the end, it depends on how much you use videos, how many, and what's going on in the background at the same time. Period.

Last edited:

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kako05

What? The fix still works.

Integrated graphics chip is not as good as a dedicated graphics card. BTW.

And again, I explained this to you in PM. This allows events and other stuff to run on the background while the video is playing. Play movie stops most functions to focus on playing a single movie. Movies in general are heavy in memory. So don't be surprised if movies started stuttering if you had a lot of things going on in the map.

Also, I used this same script for our DEMO that was released to a lot of people, and there's no such problem. In the end, it depends on how much you use videos, how many, and what's going on in the background at the same time. Period.

It has nothing to do with laptops being too slow to run movies or too much events running around since I've tested on 1 map with 1 event which only calls one command, to play ysp video and the laptop is capable of running blueray fhd movies and the game itself with lots of scripts at 50-60 fps, but once using the plugin to play movies, I've got 1-3 fps. Desktop pc without gpu and worse integrated gpu runs just fine (laptop has intelHD 5000+ something, desktop intelHD 4000+). From testing on like five laptops, it was clear something was buggy. I haven't tested fix yet since I stopped the development of that game, it's great if it works.
And just to be clear, I'm not here to bash the plugin or something, but to report the problems. I bet the same guy on the other page had this issue, but since he wasn't clear on his problem, he was ignored.

Otherwise, the plugin is great.

Maybe it's 1.6.1 or 1.6.2v (can't remember which version of rpgm the game is) have this problem only. I'll try to test this with&without the fix on the clean project next week. I'll let you know how it'll go.

Last edited:

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1.6.1 and 1.6.2 virtually has no difference and is the version I am using. And again, the bug is in pixi, I provided the fix, which you didn't try out but it does fix an issue with movie wait times, and it is not an issue of the plug-in. And other factors that come into consideration. I don't even know what movie file specs you are using

If your report is going to be the same as the previous post reiterated, I would like to request that you just don't post it here at all. Since I am not gonna look into it. I only shared this plug-in since I figured someone else would benefit from it like I am with our game. I do not want to play vague tech support here.

Also FYI, it is a common issue for RMMV to have weird bugs with movies. There are even reports where play movie just stops randomly at 2 fps without our plug-in. You just don't notice it now because you haven't used it in a full game yet.

Last edited:

Magusalfador

AKA VaroClaw
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all! I have a question about this plug in, will it work on version 1.51? I just tested it with the basic setup:

Code:
ysp.VideoPlayer.loadVideo('name.webm'),
ysp.VideoPlayer.newVideo('name.webm', 1);
ysp.VideoPlayer.playVideoById(1);
ysp.VideoPlayer.setLoopById(1);

And...nothing happens...no video, no errors, no nothing. So maybe its the version or my setup was wrong?

thanks!

Last edited:

Lumpychan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@avgneighbor preloading video takes a while. So it's not that it's not working, there just needs to be a considerable amount of time for the video to load before it plays. Again as you can see in my example here just a few posts before you.
index.php

This seemed to mostly work for me, though for some reason the loop command doesn't want to execute. It'll play the video fine, though instead of looping, it will just stop at the last frame.

Edit: Mistake on my end, forgot to capitalize one of the letters in the loop script, whoops

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
problem solve now
Use ysp_preloader to load the video before start

Attachments

• จับภาพ.JPG
    จับภาพ.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 47
  • จับภาพ2.JPG
    จับภาพ2.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

k3ven

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
From my testing it appears this plugin does not support games published to web browsers or Android. Is that the case?

Edit: It appears that Chrome v76 may have introduced problems to the plugin with it producing the error...
WebGL: INVALID_VALUE: tex(Sub)Image2D: video visible size is empty

Last edited:

Krakenlord

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Brazil
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

Please, can anyone help me?
I really want to re-positioning videos but i have no idea how...
I searched about "Video Object is a PIXI.Sprite object, can be re-position by modifying x and y props", but still i am not able to center my videos.

The plugin works flawless. The only real challenge is that one. At least for me.

Help me please!

Thanks!

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

Please, can anyone help me?
I really want to re-positioning videos but i have no idea how...
I searched about "Video Object is a PIXI.Sprite object, can be re-position by modifying x and y props", but still i am not able to center my videos.

The plugin works flawless. The only real challenge is that one. At least for me.

Help me please!

Thanks!
I'm curious about that too
but I think no one will answer because it need the code knowledge
so I will suggest the other way

https://tkooler-guild.org/plugin/moviepicture-js/
this plugin bind the video with picture so you can set it freely
it's in japanese I use google translate to use it
but still there are a random freeze in loop video problem(just for me)
so... I don't know if it worth trying for you
and I can't answer myself so can't help...

Krakenlord

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Brazil
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm curious about that too
but I think no one will answer because it need the code knowledge
so I will suggest the other way

https://tkooler-guild.org/plugin/moviepicture-js/
this plugin bind the video with picture so you can set it freely
it's in japanese I use google translate to use it
but still there are a random freeze in loop video problem(just for me)
so... I don't know if it worth trying for you
and I can't answer myself so can't help...
Thanks for your help!

Just one more thing. Can you share an example of your own script event to better understanding how it works? (looping)

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all! I have a question about this plug in, will it work on version 1.51? I just tested it with the basic setup:

Code:
ysp.VideoPlayer.loadVideo('name.webm'),
ysp.VideoPlayer.newVideo('name.webm', 1);
ysp.VideoPlayer.playVideoById(1);
ysp.VideoPlayer.setLoopById(1);

And...nothing happens...no video, no errors, no nothing. So maybe its the version or my setup was wrong?

thanks!
I have the same problem as you, haha.
Tried everything, but nothing comes up. I either get errors or nothing happens.
It would be nice if someone could make a demo project for this.

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have the same problem as you, haha.
Tried everything, but nothing comes up. I either get errors or nothing happens.
It would be nice if someone could make a demo project for this.
You need the loop
To check if video already load in memory
Unless it will present nothings
See my previous post screen shot for example

Exirock

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This would be alot easier to everyone to understand if someone would make a video tutorial explaining how to make the puglin work, cause just text aint gonna help understand

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This would be alot easier to everyone to understand if someone would make a video tutorial explaining how to make the puglin work, cause just text aint gonna help understand
I managed to make it work for me by following pasunna's advice, but it still wasn't enough so I did something additional. something that might not be ethically acceptable to tell here but here goes;
basically what I did was reverse engineer another game, that's all.

but yeah, someone should make a video or a demo project like Galv's. It was very hard for me to make it work just by following text. Also would like to note that you should play your video in a blank map with no other events because your video will lag, framerates drop, etc.

Great Plugin though

Exirock

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I managed to make it work for me by following pasunna's advice, but it still wasn't enough so I did something additional. something that might not be ethically acceptable to tell here but here goes;
basically what I did was reverse engineer another game, that's all.

but yeah, someone should make a video or a demo project like Galv's. It was very hard for me to make it work just by following text. Also would like to note that you should play your video in a blank map with no other events because your video will lag, framerates drop, etc.

Great Plugin though
im still trying to load the video, i did everything already mention in forum and got help from a rpg mv discord and still nothing and the video only has 2 sec im trying to make my own game but its getting hard, if anyone that understands this puglin and could manage to do a tutorial that is understandable it will be awesome.

Nitrox

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello. How can I get a random video? For example, in the range for the file "1-10".webm

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Archeia

Dont work for me :(

rpg_managers.js:1949 SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token
at Game_Interpreter.command111 (rpg_objects.js:9307)
at Game_Interpreter.executeCommand (rpg_objects.js:8930)
at Game_Interpreter.update (rpg_objects.js:8838)
at Game_Map.updateInterpreter (rpg_objects.js:6115)
at Game_Map.update (rpg_objects.js:6022)
at Scene_Map.updateMain (rpg_scenes.js:608)
at Scene_Map.updateMainMultiply (rpg_scenes.js:600)
at Scene_Map.update (rpg_scenes.js:589)
at Function.SceneManager.updateScene (rpg_managers.js:2024)
at Function.SceneManager.updateMain (rpg_managers.js:1983)

I tried to play in working video using the example. I did everything exactly as listed above :( The video can be played normally without the plugin in the RPG maker. What did i wrong?!

Unfortunately I do not know which details are needed. I check again if I made a mistake somewhere.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Nearing completion of the first major city of Albert, a vacation getaway city built a long time ago by a king who really didn't want to be invaded.
It’s definitely a great day to fit in some time for me to play no mans sky on PS4
Julyon.png

First concept art of one of our main characters love interests who might turn evil depending on her decisions. Or become king of the world. Or marry her. Maybe even everything at once.
Me: *saved the game*
Also me: *exit the game afterward*
The game: "Any unsaved progress will be lost"
Me: "uh,.. alright?"
[I feel a bit sad I did this]
"WhY?...WhY dId YoU KiLl ThEm AlL?...yOu BlOoDy HeLl MoNsTeR...I'LL MAKE YOU PAY!!! FOR THE BLOOD OF THE LOST!!!" ~Scars final words before his final battle [not final boss]

Battle Theme: Blood of the Lost
Face Sprite
Forgotten Eclipse_Scar Dead+Final Battle with him.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelotepalote