YSP_VideoPlayer

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Archeia, Sep 8, 2017.

1. kako05

kako05 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Australian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Any ideas what's the issue? Plugin works just fine, just console gives a bunch of errors https://prnt.sc/ndfh6y

Tested on 3 different laptops. All the movies played with this plugin plays at 2 fps. Is it caused by having no dedicated GPU? That's a big bug.
    Playing with default rpgm playmovie command works fine. On desktop pc performance is fine.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2019
  2. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
  3. kako05

kako05 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Australian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Some say latest update broke the fix. Anyways, anyone using this plugin, be aware of that any even decent laptop will run at 1-5 fps movies. I've got lots of complaints. Probably like 20-30% of players can't play the game cause movies just stutters horribly and my game uses them a lot. It's not a GPU, I've removed GPU from my desktop PC and played the game with only i5 3570k, it's FULL HD game, so it runs horribly because of javascript like any other HD/FHD RPGM game, but still, get 40-50 fps game world, on movies - stable 60. My laptop runs the game similarly but plays videos at 1-3 fps just like the other players had issues with older low-mid budget ~2010-2015 year laptops.
    I've tried lowering game resolution to only HD and play videos with only 500x500 res or even smaller, the results were better ~4-8 fps (can't remember exactly).
    Dunno, maybe it's because of type of CPU's or something, but it affects a lot of people (players). Writing this so others are aware of this. It was a huge problem for me.

Also, I found another plugin with the same functionality made by some Japanese person on Japanese forums, but the problem persists even with the different plugin.

Too bad. I've tried making a game with interactive videos, but alienating a big portion of the player base is a big no, no. And RPGM itself just can't play movies without locking player from any kind of interactions/key/button/mouse input.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  4. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    @kako05

What? The fix still works.

Integrated graphics chip is not as good as a dedicated graphics card. BTW.

And again, I explained this to you in PM. This allows events and other stuff to run on the background while the video is playing. Play movie stops most functions to focus on playing a single movie. Movies in general are heavy in memory. So don't be surprised if movies started stuttering if you had a lot of things going on in the map.

Also, I used this exact same script for our DEMO that was released to a lot of people and there's no such problem. In the end, it depends on how much you use videos, how many, and what's going on in the background at the same time. Period.

5. kako05

kako05 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Australian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It has nothing to do with laptops being too slow to run movies or too much events running around since I've tested on 1 map with 1 event which only calls one command, to play ysp video and the laptop is capable of running blueray fhd movies and the game itself with lots of scripts at 50-60 fps, but once using the plugin to play movies, I've got 1-3 fps. Desktop pc without gpu and worse integrated gpu runs just fine (laptop has intelHD 5000+ something, desktop intelHD 4000+). From testing on like five laptops, it was clear something was buggy. I haven't tested fix yet since I stopped the development of that game, it's great if it works.
    And just to be clear, I'm not here to bash the plugin or something, but to report the problems. I bet the same guy on the other page had this issue, but since he wasn't clear on his problem, he was ignored.

Otherwise, the plugin is great.

Maybe it's 1.6.1 or 1.6.2v (can't remember which version of rpgm the game is) have this problem only. I'll try to test this with&without the fix on the clean project next week. I'll let you know how it'll go.

6. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    1.6.1 and 1.6.2 virtually has no difference and is the version I am using. And again, the bug is in pixi, I provided the fix, which you didn't try out but it does fix an issue with movie wait times, and it is not an issue of the plug-in. And other factors that come into consideration. I don't even know what movie file specs you are using

If your report is going to be the same as the previous post reiterated, I would like to request that you just don't post it here at all. Since I am not gonna look into it. I only shared this plug-in since I figured someone else would benefit from it like I am with our game. I do not want to play vague tech support here.

Also FYI, it is a common issue for RMMV to have weird bugs with movies. There are even reports where play movie just stops randomly at 2 fps without our plug-in. You just don't notice it now because you haven't used it in a full game yet.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  7. Magusalfador

Magusalfador Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English Spanish
    Hi all! I have a question about this plug in, will it work on version 1.51? I just tested it with the basic setup:

Code:
    ysp.VideoPlayer.loadVideo('name.webm'),
    ysp.VideoPlayer.newVideo('name.webm', 1);
    ysp.VideoPlayer.playVideoById(1);
    ysp.VideoPlayer.setLoopById(1);
    And...nothing happens...no video, no errors, no nothing. So maybe its the version or my setup was wrong?

thanks!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  8. Lumpychan

Lumpychan Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This seemed to mostly work for me, though for some reason the loop command doesn't want to execute. It'll play the video fine, though instead of looping, it will just stop at the last frame.

Edit: Mistake on my end, forgot to capitalize one of the letters in the loop script, whoops

9. pasunna

pasunna Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    problem solve now
    Use ysp_preloader to load the video before start

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019 at 10:08 PM
  10. k3ven

k3ven Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    From my testing it appears this plugin does not support games published to web browsers or Android. Is that the case?

Edit: It appears that Chrome v76 may have introduced problems to the plugin with it producing the error...
    WebGL: INVALID_VALUE: tex(Sub)Image2D: video visible size is empty

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019